[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/24/02] So much senseless violence

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/24/02] So much senseless violence

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:04 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020224.html

Even Tedd's pipe isn't safe any more. That one is probably Lord Tedd's fault though. After the goo monster failed he must have decided to go with bubble monsters. It's not that good a choice really, as while if you get enough of them you could probably do a bit of damage, mostly they simply don't last long enough to take out their opponent.

Sweet pipe though. Well, aside from that whole painful evisceration thing. That part kinda sucks, what with the injury along with the embarrassment of having been beat up by bubbles.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 2/24/02] So much senseless violence

Postby Nightranger on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:09 pm

Beat up by Bubbles...
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Raging Mouse on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 pm

This strip is a metaphorical premonition of his future struggle to restore Grace's bubbles. See how he produces the bubbles himself and is then laid low by them? It's sort of a self-destructive oedipus-complex bounced off your girlfriend. Even Elliot's last comment is a reference to how Tedd gets things wrong in his relationship with Grace. However, the bubbles only gives him scratches which will heal quickly leaving no scars, indicating that things will be perfectly fine in the end.

Hmm, I didn't know my analysis -knob went to eleven. :P Thank you for reading this gibberish!
Raging Mouse
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nightranger on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:26 am

MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:52 am

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Another break from the story, eh?

I agree with Elliot - I wouldn't have expected any of those early strips to be considered offensive, either. The bikini and stripping element on their own, maybe, but in context I thought their offensiveness was dealt with; and the violence didn't even occur to me as being a problem.

The thing with the bubbles is amusing, as is Elliot's reaction.

== Oct, 2008 ==

Crystal: Is the only reason this isn't in filler because it was posted before there was a filler section? I personally think this and similar filler-like strips in the main section should be moved to the filler section, so they don't interrupt the flow of the story when reading through the archives.

Nightranger wrote:Beat up by Bubbles...

While that "Bubbles" might be more likely to beat someone up, I think this "Bubbles" would do more damage.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive