[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/19/02] A line to be repeated often.

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/19/02] A line to be repeated often.

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020219.html

I wonder just how often Tedd has said those words while growing up. Elliot too for that matter.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 2/19/02] A line to be repeated often.

Postby Nightranger on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Eh, I'm not sure Tedd's had to much cause to say that...his dad might though. Think of it: what do you think his reaction was the first time he came home to find he had a daughter?

With Elliot, of course, you're spot-on.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: And, Tedd's dad takes charge. Interesting. Why does Shade/Grace have two names, I wonder? I hope she goes with Shade more often, that name sounds cool.

== Sept, 2008 ==

Crystal: And here we were going on about how competent Mr. Verres was recently - I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd forgotten he started out that way.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tarvok on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 pm

I just love this old huge heads/tiny bodies art style. It's kind of like caricatures... you know, those pictures you can get with your head well drawn and your body maybe a stick figure, or something like that. Of course, these faces are much less detailed. But I love the EYEBROW movements in panel 3. And I miss Tedd's glasses. Those were awesome, even if Tedd, himself, is more awesome without them.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Youwillneverknow on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 pm

I disagree abvout Elliot, given what i've seen of him so far he doesn;t seem like the type to ask questions, he just goes with the flow
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Nightranger wrote:Eh, I'm not sure Tedd's had to much cause to say that...his dad might though. Think of it: what do you think his reaction was the first time he came home to find he had a daughter?

Well, Tedd's was around 12-13 when he received the gun, and while we don't know when exactly he tried using it on himself as he apparently already had "strange interests" at that time along with insecurities about his appearance so I wouldn't be very surprised if it was soon afterward. At that age unless Tedd as a girl was already starting to develop easily noticeable breasts than his father may have not noticed it at first. Once he did notice it however I suspect that while he may have been a bit annoyed he wouldn't have been that surprised. Mr. Verres had stated even before Tedd even touched the gun he thought Tedd would transform himself and others with it.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nightranger on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm

There would be more too it than just the transformations. I imagine there's been quite a few times where Tedd's dad has come home to find some Rube Goldbergian contraption that takes up the entire living room and looks on the verge of causing a huge mess/damage at multiple points. Or to find that one of Tedd's experiments has caused some sort of devastation.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:42 am

Nightranger wrote:... Or to find that one of Tedd's experiments has caused some sort of devastation.

"Try not to get injured this time." Back in the day when Tedd was a mad scientist.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kyevan on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 am

"TEDD! Why is the living room a 4-dimensional space!?"

It's funnier if it happens while he's female - then we could make Tess-eract jokes. Or maybe Tess-la built something to shake the world until it falls apart.
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive