[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/14/02] Is Diet Soda the new Hot Coffee?

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/14/02] Is Diet Soda the new Hot Coffee?

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:22 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020214.html

Yeah, I can see it. You go into a dark movie theater with a couple of ladies, buy them each a diet soda, go in, and then BAM! Not only are you out an extra 10 bucks but you also gotta put up with having an annoying slurping noise on either side of you once they reach the bottom of their cups. It would probably happen at a really dramatic part of the movie too, causing you to miss something. It always does :grumble:
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 2/14/02] Is Diet Soda the new Hot Coffee?

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020214.html

Yeah, I can see it. You go into a dark movie theater with a couple of ladies, buy them each a diet soda, go in, and then BAM! Not only are you out an extra 10 bucks but you also gotta put up with having an annoying slurping noise on either side of you once they reach the bottom of their cups. It would probably happen at a really dramatic part of the movie too, causing you to miss something. It always does :grumble:

Like just before they kill the waffle with the giant jar of raspberry marmalade.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Dude, don't spoil the movie for me! I haven't seen it yet!
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Youwillneverknow on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm

and come on DIET soda, why would any one want that, go big or dont do it at all
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Dude, don't spoil the movie for me! I haven't seen it yet!

SPOILERS:Actually it is kind of cleverly done. Fairly close to the climax they set up the master stroke with the giant marmalade jar but it fails and the waffle proceeds to trash the military forces protecting the Pentagon. But when it smashes open the front entrance of the Pentagon we learn that Dr. Gehrman had salvaged the remaining marmalade and filled the centre of the Pentagon with it, in effect turning the Pentagon into a massive cookie with a raspberry-filled middle. Then a massive floodwave of marmalade flows out of the Pentagon, overwhelming the waffle and finally killing it.

All in all, not too bad as surprise endings go, but in my opinion it couldn't make up for the rest of the movie.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tarvok on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:51 pm

First off, awesome bit of improv there, Old Hack. :lol:

I really love this particular comic. It plays around hilariously with the confusion over Tedd's andorgynous appearance, the interplay between him and Elliot, and I like it when someone just gives up trying to convince someone else about a misunderstanding. It's funny that way.

This post is as lame as the comic is not. :-?
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stardrake_ on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:48 am

Or it could be that it just wasn't worth the effort to get out of receiving a discount?
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Postby ChronosCat on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Ooh, Elliot has a harem! Neat. (whine: I want my own harem.) I'm not surprised by what the title says, though - that guy looks/sounds like someone who's all talk.

How Tedd could be considered a "fine" anything when so bundled up I don't know, though.

== Sept, 2008 ==

Crystal: (Now that I think about it, a harem would probably be too much trouble.)

Hmm... Maybe TC has a Winter-Clothing fetish or something? Or it could be the huge glasses - if they didn't obscure Tedd's eyes, I'd probably think them cute myself.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive