[S.T.O.R.Y. 1/30/02] May the Goo be with you.

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 1/30/02] May the Goo be with you.

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:55 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020130.html

You know, I never noticed before how Tedd is peaking from around the corner there in the first panel. Or is just running out at that moment? It's kinda hard to tell. But in any case, Tedd at the corner is new to me.

On a more disturbing note, I realize Verruckt is insane, but I still have to wonder what he was thinking when he had a mural put up that gave an owl what looks like hooters. It's not even conformity or education based. That mural is completely out of place there.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 1/30/02] May the Goo be with you.

Postby kyevan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Ah, yes. I remember when I got my first can of steroids!

er, wait. No I don't. Why do they even have a can of steroids, anyway!?
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Verrückt is the kind of principal that makes you fondly wish for a mere tyrant or martinet. The latter two may be insanely strict and very hard to reason with, but they are normally at least vaguely in touch with reality.

As to the can of steroids, well, I think that belonged to Tony. :shifty:
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:13 pm

That's... a good question. That's a very good question. I hope that's just a single use joke. Although if it weren't that raises the question of just whose steroids they are. If they belong to the coach and are passed around then that would be a very bad sign. If it's one of the player's private stashes that's also pretty bad, though not quite as bad as it being the coach's. Oh man, could you imagine it if those were Tony's? One of these days he may go on a roid rage and seriously hurt somebody, like say, Tedd.

This school obviously needs more anti-drug murals.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:That's... a good question. That's a very good question. I hope that's just a single use joke. Although if it weren't that raises the question of just whose steroids they are. If they belong to the coach and are passed around then that would be a very bad sign. If it's one of the player's private stashes that's also pretty bad, though not quite as bad as it being the coach's. Oh man, could you imagine it if those were Tony's? One of these days he may go on a roid rage and seriously hurt somebody, like say, Tedd.

And I cannot even imagine the aftermath of that one. Elliot would not be happy with Tony. Susan would not be happy with Tony. Grace would come all the way from South to be unhappy with Tony. And so would Ellen.

This school obviously needs more anti-drug murals.

Or even morals. :(
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kyevan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

The Old Hack wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:That's... a good question. That's a very good question. I hope that's just a single use joke. Although if it weren't that raises the question of just whose steroids they are. If they belong to the coach and are passed around then that would be a very bad sign. If it's one of the player's private stashes that's also pretty bad, though not quite as bad as it being the coach's. Oh man, could you imagine it if those were Tony's? One of these days he may go on a roid rage and seriously hurt somebody, like say, Tedd.

And I cannot even imagine the aftermath of that one. Elliot would not be happy with Tony. Susan would not be happy with Tony. Grace would come all the way from South to be unhappy with Tony. And so would Ellen.

A large number of Bunnies would come all the way from a different plane of existence to be unhappy with Tony.
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 pm

kyevan wrote:
The Old Hack wrote:

A large number of Bunnies would come all the way from a different plane of existence to be unhappy with Tony.

Sarah would not be happy with Tony. Nanase would not be happy with Tony. Justin would not be happy with Tony. Catalina would not be happy with Tony. Tony's overly PC friend would not be happy with Tony. Mr. Verres, and by extension the government conspiracy, would not be happy with Tony. Jeremy would not have people paying as much attention to him, and therefore he would not be happy with Tony. The squirrels would suffer a temporary reduction in the supply of bird food and statues, and thus would not be happy with Tony...

Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 pm

In other words: Don't mess with Tedd. You will get half the major powers of an entire universe pissed at you. And its squirrels.
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 am

It's not just "Why is there a can of steroids?" It's also "Who's stupid enough to have a big 'Steroids' label on their can of steroids?"
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 am

nitpicking wrote:It's not just "Why is there a can of steroids?" It's also "Who's stupid enough to have a big 'Steroids' label on their can of steroids?"

Well DUH. Why do you think I suggested Tony?
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:04 am

Actually I'd love to see "Dr. Germahn's Fast-Acting Steroids" become a plot point again.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:17 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos:

There were steroids in the school? Sounds like someone's breaking the law! (It also feels like a bit of a deus ex machina, or the bad-guy favorable equivalent.)

Once again, Ted ends the comic on an absurd note - for some reason this one particularly amuses me.

== August 30, 2008 ==

Crystal:

Tedd should have kept that sponge - it might have been useful cleaning up the goo!
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive