[S.T.O.R.Y. 1/27/02] Tedd's Interests

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 1/27/02] Tedd's Interests

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:23 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020127.html

Man, that arcitecture is weird. It's like... the school itself is a creature of chaos.

OK, jokes about Dan's early artwork aside, I still gotta wonder just what Tedd said that disturbed Elliot. With as long as Elliot has been Tedd's best friend, he has to have found out about some of the odd things he likes (like furries), which implies this is a heretofore unplumbed depth of Tedd's occasionally disturbing psyche. Plus it has to be one that can be expressed in a somewhat limited sentence by filling in three words. I wonder what it is, but I'm almost (but not quite) afraid to ask.

I also wonder just what the heck is arousing about somebody cleaning a desk with a toothbrush.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 1/27/02] Tedd's Interests

Postby CooperNRG on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 pm

I don't think it's so much what she's doing, but what she might be wearing while she does it...
"Or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people, it unlocks their death."

Caboose - Red vs Blue

CooperNRG
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 pm

You mean like her usual outfit of shirt, pants, and lab coat? That... still doesn't explain it. Unless Tedd has a fetish for lab coats I'm still not seeing it.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby CooperNRG on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 pm

It's Tedd! And risque clothing is the only reason I'd find it arousing.
"Or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people, it unlocks their death."

Caboose - Red vs Blue

CooperNRG
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 am

Dan really should have used a ruler or something to draw the school. Anything other than the straight line function on MS Pain.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:33 am

Would it disturb people if I said that I find the idea of Amanda defenestrating my phone bill with her rocket launcher arousing?
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:58 am

Buddy, I go on 4chan and I'm never even surprised. Nothing disturbs me any more.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby CooperNRG on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 am

Would it disturb people if I said that I find the idea of Amanda defenestrating my phone bill with her rocket launcher arousing?

With the way phone bills are nowadays, no.

Caboose - Red vs Blue

CooperNRG
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 am

CooperNRG wrote:

With the way phone bills are nowadays, no.

Well, that and the fact that I like the notion of Amanda with a rocket launcher, too. I think I somehow got permanently damaged back in the time of Bikini Girls with Machine Guns, girls + heavy ordnance = hot. Or maybe Aliens and Vasquez did a number on me. Curse James Cameron and his wacky shenanigans!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 am

What about Tank Girl?

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:11 am

Illusionist wrote:What about Tank Girl?

*swoons*
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby L0yD3 R33D on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:48 am

The Old Hack wrote:Would it disturb people if I said that I find the idea of Amanda defenestrating my phone bill with her rocket launcher arousing?

dude...here's one of my main virtues in life: girls + rocket launchers = awesome
so no it wouldn't disturb me
"The best plans are always the most ridiculus and suicidal ones resulting in the highest friendly casualties." -Alexander Cairns
"I have proven that nothing exists, observe: Practice makes perfect, correct? thus imperfection can become perfection. however that being said, Perfection doesn't exist. Thus proving....that nothing exists." -Alexander Cairns
Jerome: Alexander you're not a genius you just randomly do stuff with no regard for logic or physics!
Alexander: i don't see where you're going with this.
"I often overhear good things when I talk to myself.." -William Maks
"even if the voices in my head aren't real...they have some pretty good ideas" -William Maks
"You think you've won this fight, but you've only lost your mind"
"Retreating? Of course not, I'm simply attacking in the other direction." -Jordan "Kamikaze" Wong
"It is insufficient that I succeed. Everyone else must fail"
L0yD3 R33D
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 pm

L0yD3 R33D wrote:
The Old Hack wrote:Would it disturb people if I said that I find the idea of Amanda defenestrating my phone bill with her rocket launcher arousing?

dude...here's one of my main virtues in life: girls + rocket launchers = awesome

I completely agree except when they are aiming at me. :) (Well, technically they would still be awesome. It's just that 'terrifying' gets added to the equation at that point, too. :o )
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos:

I can understand using his school as a reference. Whenever I think of a "school building", the ones I went to come to mind first.

The "Why are we here?! It's a Sunday?!" caught me by surprise. Reading through the archives, I wasn't even thinking of what day the comic was posted on.

Also, it's neat to see the comic in color. I never would have imagined Tedd had purple hair!

I don't see why Tedd or the German scientist would want to see someone brushing a desk with a toothbrush, but to each his own...

== August 26, 2008 ==

Crystal:

So there you have it, my thoughts of two years ago on this strip.

By the way, one thing I just noticed now - it says specifically here that the EGS cast are juniors.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:OK, jokes about Dan's early artwork aside, I still gotta wonder just what Tedd said that disturbed Elliot. With as long as Elliot has been Tedd's best friend, he has to have found out about some of the odd things he likes (like furries), which implies this is a heretofore unplumbed depth of Tedd's occasionally disturbing psyche. Plus it has to be one that can be expressed in a somewhat limited sentence by filling in three words. I wonder what it is, but I'm almost (but not quite) afraid to ask.

If I could, I'd ask Tedd. I hate an unsatisfied curiosity.

Chaos Priest wrote:I also wonder just what the heck is arousing about somebody cleaning a desk with a toothbrush.

I refer you to Rule 36.

The Old Hack wrote:girls + heavy ordnance = hot.

As long as they actually know how to use it, very much so.

The Old Hack wrote:
L0yD3 R33D wrote:dude...here's one of my main virtues in life: girls + rocket launchers = awesome

I completely agree except when they are aiming at me. :) (Well, technically they would still be awesome. It's just that 'terrifying' gets added to the equation at that point, too. :o )

So does it then qualify as femdom? :shifty:
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm

Nightranger wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:OK, jokes about Dan's early artwork aside, I still gotta wonder just what Tedd said that disturbed Elliot. With as long as Elliot has been Tedd's best friend, he has to have found out about some of the odd things he likes (like furries), which implies this is a heretofore unplumbed depth of Tedd's occasionally disturbing psyche. Plus it has to be one that can be expressed in a somewhat limited sentence by filling in three words. I wonder what it is, but I'm almost (but not quite) afraid to ask.

If I could, I'd ask Tedd. I hate an unsatisfied curiosity.

And if I didn't think this was a Noodle Incident where our imaginations are supposed to fill it in I'd ask Dan.

Chaos Priest wrote:I also wonder just what the heck is arousing about somebody cleaning a desk with a toothbrush.

I refer you to Rule 36.

I'm aware that almost anything is a fetish. I just fail to see the attraction for many of those fetishes. Of course, chances are there most couldn't give an explanation other then "It's hot!"

Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby L0yD3 R33D on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 pm

I refer you to Rule 36.

right rule 36 i always get it confused with Rule 34
"The best plans are always the most ridiculus and suicidal ones resulting in the highest friendly casualties." -Alexander Cairns
"I have proven that nothing exists, observe: Practice makes perfect, correct? thus imperfection can become perfection. however that being said, Perfection doesn't exist. Thus proving....that nothing exists." -Alexander Cairns
Jerome: Alexander you're not a genius you just randomly do stuff with no regard for logic or physics!
Alexander: i don't see where you're going with this.
"I often overhear good things when I talk to myself.." -William Maks
"even if the voices in my head aren't real...they have some pretty good ideas" -William Maks
"You think you've won this fight, but you've only lost your mind"
"Retreating? Of course not, I'm simply attacking in the other direction." -Jordan "Kamikaze" Wong
"It is insufficient that I succeed. Everyone else must fail"
L0yD3 R33D
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nightranger on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:59 pm

They are pretty similar. Rule 36 causes Rule 34. Which leads one to wonder why Rule 36 came after Rule 34.

That bit certainly doesn't help matters at all.
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Nightranger wrote:They are pretty similar. Rule 36 causes Rule 34. Which leads one to wonder why Rule 36 came after Rule 34.

That bit certainly doesn't help matters at all.

This is EGS. In other words, it's perfectly reasonable for effect to precede cause. :)
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 pm

ChronosCat wrote:By the way, one thing I just noticed now - it says specifically here that the EGS cast are juniors.

Tedd Verres Jr. and Elliot Dunkel Jr.?

That's certainly possible. We have no idea what their fathers' first names might be. :smug:
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:58 am

I'm tempted to make referrence to either Indiana Jones or Senior Senior Junior here, but I can't decide which one. :P

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Return to El Goonish Shive