Sister 2 Forum Idea

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: Sister 2 Forum Idea

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 am

Aeg'air wrote:And randomness strikes again.

Forgive me for posting at least vaguely related to the initial point of the thread before it was hijacked.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WalkerBoh on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 am

I think it was commentary on the actual happenings in your post, not its placement in the thread.

I want a bunny...
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aeg'air on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 am

The Old Hack wrote:
Aeg'air wrote:And randomness strikes again.

Forgive me for posting at least vaguely related to the initial point of the thread before it was hijacked.

There was a point to this thread? xD
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 am

Aeg'air wrote:There was a point to this thread? xD

Yes, but don't feel bad for missing it as it wasn't aimed at trolls.
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aeg'air on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:22 am

The Old Hack wrote:
Aeg'air wrote:There was a point to this thread? xD

Yes, but don't feel bad for missing it as it wasn't aimed at trolls.

Coming from the one trolling at me for not seeing the point in voodoo dolls and TFG guns.
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Both of you, be cool. There are no trolls here.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aeg'air on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:30 pm

There is now
Inventory
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Melvar on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:16 pm

And now for something completely different yet relevant:
Code: Select all
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.AIEntity;
using EGS;
using EGS.TFG;
void TGself()
{
Form newform = self.getform();//copy current form
if(newform.gender == Genders.Male) newform.gender = Genders.Female; else newform.gender = Genders.Male;
self.setform(newform, TFG.ID);//sets own form to form with changed gender, which requires the ID of the TFG, allowing transformations to be traced
}

I know I'm being lazy using EGS.TFG and System.AIEntity . I simply don't want to write all of the necessary stuff, and it would exceed the character limit anyway. Be informed, at least, that the accessor setform changes a number of additional values as the TFG always does.
Anyway, TGself(); *sound of heavy drive access*
Now I need a different name. Should I use a name that is similar to my normal one by origin, by word, or by letters?
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby solemnwarning on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Melvar wrote:And now for something completely different yet relevant:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.AIEntity;
using EGS;
using EGS.TFG;
void TGself()
{
Form newform = self.getform();//copy current form
if(newform.gender == Genders.Male) newform.gender = Genders.Female; else newform.gender = Genders.Male;
self.setform(newform, TFG.ID);//sets own form to form with changed gender, which requires the ID of the TFG, allowing transformations to be traced
}

I know I'm being lazy using EGS.TFG and System.AIEntity . I simply don't want to write all of the necessary stuff, and it would exceed the character limit anyway. Be informed, at least, that the accessor setform changes a number of additional values as the TFG always does.
Anyway, TGself(); *sound of heavy drive access*
Now I need a different name. Should I use a name that is similar to my normal one by origin, by word, or by letters?

You could make that far smaller :)

void TGself() {
   Form form = self.getform();
   self.setform(form.gender == Genders.Male ? Genders.Female : Genders.Male, TFG.ID);
}
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Melvar on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:35 pm

solemnwarning wrote:You could make that far smaller :)

void TGself() {
   Form form = self.getform();
   self.setform(form.gender == Genders.Male ? Genders.Female : Genders.Male, TFG.ID);
}
:oops: I should have seen that! Well, I've only had a chance to use ?: once since I learned it a few weeks ago, maybe that had something to do with it? Maybe the fact that I wrote it without thinking it through beforehand had something to do with it?
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby ChronosCat on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Having done a quick look at info regarding the human brain available on wikipedia, I have been reminded that there are differences in the average brains of men and women. I suppose any physical change to the brain could mess up memories or require them to be rewritten, or otherwise make accessing those memories "interesting". However, given that the differences are only in what is average for the gender, I wonder how much of a change would really be needed to allow the brain to properly handle/interact with the new body?

Of course, different brain set-ups would provide different experiences for the transformed, so the point of the transformation would help dictate how much or how little change to the brain the deviser of a gender-switch-technique would strive for...

It seems to me that in EGS, those transformed did not act significantly (if at all) differently from before transformation, therefore we can surmise that the brain was changed the absolute minimum (aside from the sexual orientation).

BinaryWraith wrote:
ChronosCat wrote:I'm no expert on the brain, but I wouldn't think the way memories are stored in male and female brains are so different they would need to be "translated". (If we were talking about changing species, perhaps, but not gender.)

There's the rub. It isn't so much the storage that is the question, but the ability of the mind to deal with the experience of remembering being a completely different body in so many ways without suffering disassociation, depersonalization, and gender identity problems.

I suppose if the magic/"science" involved didn't address the issue, it would be quite disorientating at first being in a new body. I still find if hard to believe, though, that if the brain was changed the absolute minimum that the person would experience disorientation /disassociation / etc. just from accessing memories once that initial disorientation had passed. Having been reminded of the differences between the average male/female brain, I do have to concede that if the change in the brain was a more dramatic gender-based change (such as might occur from switching in/out the Y chromosome and rebuilding the body exactly to specs), the differences might be enough to cause lingering problems regarding stored information...

...As for gender identity problems, those come with the territory! Heck, if someone was born one physical gender but is now another, any mental gender identity for them could be argued to be incorrect. (Narrowing things back to EGS, it seems to me that those who have changed gender in the series still identify themselves as their original gender.)
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:45 am

I'm a pretty Princess....
Wait, DAMN IT.

Anyway, I think that changing gender is a deep physical and mental shift and shouldn't be taken lightly, thus a TF gun is a no go.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WalkerBoh on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:51 am

I dunno, I'd really like to see what it's like to live as a woman for a year. I wouldn't mind CMDing my way to that.

My Gear
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:57 am

WalkerBoh wrote:I dunno, I'd really like to see what it's like to live as a woman for a year. I wouldn't mind CMDing my way to that.

I certainly wouldn't do it for a year, but I'd definitely experiment had I the means to do so.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The Old Hack on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:35 am

Illusionist wrote:
WalkerBoh wrote:I dunno, I'd really like to see what it's like to live as a woman for a year. I wouldn't mind CMDing my way to that.

I certainly wouldn't do it for a year, but I'd definitely experiment had I the means to do so.

I am probably midway between Illusionist and Walker. I'd like to experiment for an extended time but I'd probably only go for more than three or six months if I decided I wanted it to be permanent. I can see how the CMD might be seen as a 'too easy' solution to some, but if it were the only way, well, beggars can't be choosers.
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 am

The Old Hack wrote:
Illusionist wrote:

I am probably midway between Illusionist and Walker. I'd like to experiment for an extended time but I'd probably only go for more than three or six months if I decided I wanted it to be permanent. I can see how the CMD might be seen as a 'too easy' solution to some, but if it were the only way, well, beggars can't be choosers.

I already cross dress abit. When your an actor and a cosplayer, you have too.
I would try it for a week max, any longer I would get bored.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nocturn on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

So what's stopping you guys? As Bookie said, just appear female to people, and you can go from there.

Unless of course you want to know what it's like to wear a woman suit, but then again, this is something completely different.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WalkerBoh on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Nocturn wrote:So what's stopping you guys? As Bookie said, just appear female to people, and you can go from there.

Unless of course you want to know what it's like to wear a woman suit, but then again, this is something completely different.

Dressing to look like a woman is one thing, and wearing a woman suit is exactly the same thing. I'd like to live as a woman, and that's a set of changes I don't know how to begin emulating, and goes far beyond simply appearing as a woman. For instance, no matter how tight a girdle I wear or how much I stuff a bra, I still won't have a period. I've been male nearly a quarter of a century. While early on the differences between male and female are minimal (standing versus sitting, wearing hats indoors or not, etc), once you hit puberty the differences in how your body works can't really be imitated by mere cosmetics.

My Gear
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nocturn on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 pm

See, that's really too f**king too bad. I bet you that pretty much every transsexual ever would die to have been born with the genitalia of the sex they identify with, or have some quick and clean TF-gun, but life ain't that nice. You may as well go ahead and say that transwomen don't qualify as women because they don't menstruate, because what you wanna know isn't what it's like to be a woman, you wannna what it's like being a man in a woman's body.

Or maybe you just fear being an ugly and masculine woman and that contradicts your idea that woman = pretty pretty princess, I have no idea anymore at this point.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Proginoskes on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:46 am

I know I'm going to regret this…

How exactly did we get from "Let's play pretend" to "Transgender Transformations are Serious Business"?
Call me Prodiraskes.
Is there any way to have inline fixed-width text in BBCode?
Favourite EGS:NP Headline: Uryuomoco Bill: Illegal to Have Non-Translated Signs?
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 am

Nocturn wrote:See, that's really too f**king too bad. I bet you that pretty much every transsexual ever would die to have been born with the genitalia of the sex they identify with, or have some quick and clean TF-gun, but life ain't that nice. You may as well go ahead and say that transwomen don't qualify as women because they don't menstruate, because what you wanna know isn't what it's like to be a woman, you wannna what it's like being a man in a woman's body.

Or maybe you just fear being an ugly and masculine woman and that contradicts your idea that woman = pretty pretty princess, I have no idea anymore at this point.

That is one reason.

I mean I crossdress for acting and fun, more that a desire to be the opposite sex.
I mean, a few months back I was Sakura, and a female freind of mine went as Naruto, all just ofr abit of fun,
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tricia on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:04 am

You want to know what it's like to have a period? It's simple. Punch yourself in the gut until you get a dull ache. If it stops hurting, do it again. Repeat for 3 or so days.

Step two, take some random mood-altering drug that will f*** with your emotions and make you have random mood swings. Also, gain about 5-15 pounds. Or, alternatively, exchange your entire wardrobe for clothes one size smaller.

Bleeding from the crotch isn't easy to emulate without self-mutilation...but you can sort of emulate it with some laxatives and some red food coloring...

((This also varies from woman to woman, which is why this exercise doesn't work in the first place. Some don't have cramps, some barely bleed at all, some have nearly crippling cramps...and so on. This is based on my personal experiences.))

Really...if you want to be a woman, dress up as one. Don't whine about how it's not the real thing. It's close enough for your purposes, and the closest you're going to be able to get without some really expensive surgery. Unless your complaint is that you can't be V5 with a perfect body and huge boobs and all that, in which case I have no pity for you.

(Note: The last statement was not directed at Walker, but rather a general statement.)
Last edited by Tricia on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:31 am

Tricia,if you're gaining 15 pounds every cycle, I sure hope you're under a doctor's care. I'm not a doc myself, but that's well over double the average amount of water retention.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tricia on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 am

I try as hard as I can to stay away from scales that time of the month (and in general, for that matter)...but I know from past experiences that it varies from month to month. So I picked a random range to cover bases and illustrate my point. *shrug*
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:08 am

Like I said, a week or so I could stand, but I prefer cosplaying for fun.

Plus women have it alot easier in many ways, ways I am not willing to talk about here.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive