Sister 2 Forum Idea

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: Sister 2 Forum Idea

Postby Tricia on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:37 am

No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Melvar on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 am

solemnwarning wrote:You could make that far smaller :)
Code: Select all
void TGself() {
   Form form = self.getform();
   self.setform(form.gender == Genders.Male ? Genders.Female : Genders.Male, TFG.ID);
}
On closer inspection, no.
void TGself() {
   Form form = self.getform();
   form.gender = form.gender == Genders.Male ? Genders.Female : Genders.Male;
   self.setform(form, TFG.ID);
}
setform takes a form, not an aspect of a form. Your version would cause an Argumentexception, unless I am mistaken.
My name, I think, is settled. Mayval will do.
self.called = "Mayval";
But I'm really having trouble with the avvy. I tried putting nail polish on the nails, but failed miserably due to inexperience in image editing. Can somebody help plea~se?
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 am

How's this look?

Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby WalkerBoh on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 am

Nocturn wrote:See, that's really too f**king too bad. I bet you that pretty much every transsexual ever would die to have been born with the genitalia of the sex they identify with, or have some quick and clean TF-gun, but life ain't that nice. You may as well go ahead and say that transwomen don't qualify as women because they don't menstruate, because what you wanna know isn't what it's like to be a woman, you wannna what it's like being a man in a woman's body.
Actually, no. I don't simply want to experience the social aspect of being a woman. If I was going to try to learn what being a woman is like, I would want an honest understanding from true experience. Hence the way I phrase things: I would like to live as a woman for a year. It would be a lot of changes. I'm not even talking about the physical changes, but the effort it would take to create an identity to step into and the self-training needed to really become another person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, without stopping.

Nocturn wrote:Or maybe you just fear being an ugly and masculine woman and that contradicts your idea that woman = pretty pretty princess, I have no idea anymore at this point.
I'd have to venture to say that you didn't know at any point what I want, because you are making a whole lot of assumptions that don't follow from what I desire. And I actually look pretty in a dress, to the point that a lot of people can't really tell I'm a guy. (High collars defeat the Adam's apple.)

Tricia wrote:Really...if you want to be a woman, dress up as one. Don't whine about how it's not the real thing. It's close enough for your purposes, and the closest you're going to be able to get without some really expensive surgery.
Yeah, I know. I'm just really curious as to what it would be like and if I could actually do it given the opportunity.

theopenandclosedbook wrote:Plus women have it alot easier in many ways, ways I am not willing to talk about here.
I'm with Tricia on this one. You're not a troll, and all of us know this, so please don't leave something that so obviously could be taken as inflammatory without some sort of explanation.
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 am

Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".

I did want it to be taken the wrong way.

Basically
One: Higher Pain Tolerance, according to a friend of mine, child birth would send men mad.
Two: The Miracle of Life
Three: You get all theses guys wondering what it is like to be you.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nocturn on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:One: Higher Pain Tolerance, according to a friend of mine, child birth would send men mad.

I don't have any reliable sources right now, but a five-second Wikipedia search disagrees with you.

Two: The Miracle of Life

If you mean the conception of new life, you may be surprised it requires the appropiate cells from both parents. Trust me, we're still a fair bit away from the feminist utopia in which men are obsolete.

If you mean childbirth, yeah, having people stare intently at your crotch while you're in intense pain for, if you are particularly like that way, an entire day, all while you don't get the chance to relieve your bladder and intestines, yeah, it's a miracle alright, that women can keep their dignity afterwards.

Three: You get all theses guys wondering what it is like to be you.

This is creepy.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Illusionist on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:One: Higher Pain Tolerance, according to a friend of mine, child birth would send men mad.

You mean the childbirth that almost inevitably involves anesthesia and the woman in question being unable to do much more than lie there for some time afterwards? The one that used to kill women? Granted, the deaths weren't due purely to pain, but I'm sure it played its part. TL;DR: Shut up about pain tolerance when you're clearly wrong. This friend of your has presumably only experienced one side of the gender divide, so is qualified to talk about...hmm, what's the technical term...damn near nothing.

Oh, and Nocturn? Men being obsolete would be a misandrist utopia. The feminist utopia is total equality between sexes.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Illusionist wrote:

You mean the childbirth that almost inevitably involves anesthesia and the woman in question being unable to do much more than lie there for some time afterwards? The one that used to kill women? Granted, the deaths weren't due purely to pain, but I'm sure it played its part. TL;DR: Shut up about pain tolerance when you're clearly wrong. This friend of your has presumably only experienced one side of the gender divide, so is qualified to talk about...hmm, what's the technical term...damn near nothing.

Oh, and Nocturn? Men being obsolete would be a misandrist utopia. The feminist utopia is total equality between sexes.

Meh, I'll tell her that. Sorry, I'll shut up now.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Darekun on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".

Coming from you, sigged.
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tricia on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:59 am

Actually, no. I don't simply want to experience the social aspect of being a woman. If I was going to try to learn what being a woman is like, I would want an honest understanding from true experience. Hence the way I phrase things: I would like to live as a woman for a year. It would be a lot of changes. I'm not even talking about the physical changes, but the effort it would take to create an identity to step into and the self-training needed to really become another person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, without stopping.
So...why exactly can't you do this without magically becoming a girl?

Coming from you, sigged.
*blink* I'm not entirely certain if I should be offended or not.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby WalkerBoh on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:47 am

Tricia wrote:
So...why exactly can't you do this without magically becoming a girl?
At the moment or in general? At the moment, it is a financial impossibility. In general, it's infinitely possible for a man to live as a woman. Actually, iirc, it's even one of the requirements for gender-reassignment surgery. (Probably remembering that from a movie, so it could be very wrong.) But that's still mostly a social experiment rather than true experience. The absolute next best thing, I agree. I'm simply a perfectionist, and as everyone knows, perfect practice makes perfect.
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

30-Second rant Why I hate Ugg boots

Postby seoceo2008 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:20 pm

OK, it's cold outside, so cosy is a consideration, but does this justify the footwear phenomenon that, like early adopter Sienna Miller, simply won't go away?
I'm talking Ugg boots, those Aussie clodhoppers that are capable of turning any woman under 5ft 10in into an Oompa-Loompa and the shapeliest pins into the back end of a pantomime horse.
With no sign of the craze abating, Ugg is now targeting blokes, too. Angelina and Brad in Uggs?
The Pitts! And teaming his with a purple velour jogging ensemble, Leo DiCaprio could be Tinky Winky.
If you must, www.wonderhowto.com offers a priceless video tutorial: 'Don't wear them with a bathing suit, PJs or to tropical beaches' they say or within a mile of me. buy cheap ugg boots .
seoceo2008

Re: 30-Second rant Why I hate Ugg boots

Postby benkenobi5 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:31 pm

seoceo2008 wrote:OK, it's cold outside, so cosy is a consideration, but does this justify the footwear phenomenon that, like early adopter Sienna Miller, simply won't go away?
I'm talking Ugg boots, those Aussie clodhoppers that are capable of turning any woman under 5ft 10in into an Oompa-Loompa and the shapeliest pins into the back end of a pantomime horse.
With no sign of the craze abating, Ugg is now targeting blokes, too. Angelina and Brad in Uggs?
The Pitts! And teaming his with a purple velour jogging ensemble, Leo DiCaprio could be Tinky Winky.
If you must, http://www.wonderhowto.com offers a priceless video tutorial: 'Don't wear them with a bathing suit, PJs or to tropical beaches' they say or within a mile of me. buy cheap ugg boots .

hahaha
someone unleash the ban hammer! quick!
or whatever it is you do with spambots...
*I had to remove the Admiral Ackbar Cereal ad... something happened with the link, not sure what, though :( *
BenKenobi5's personal lightsaber. bask in the glory of its awesomeness.
benkenobi5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nocturn on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

I dunno, I could use a good pair of Ugg boots.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 am

Nocturn wrote:I dunno, I could use a good pair of Ugg boots.

That's not pair of Ugg boots, it's a space station.... no wait, yeah there Ugg Boots.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:33 am

:evil:

Grrr...

You come here, missie!

Pardon this intrusion.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive