The Traveling Sketchbook

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: The Traveling Sketchbook

Postby kyevan on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Mmm, I'd kinda like to participate, but there's two things that prevent me: First, I can't draw. I'm sure there's enough pages of stick figures planned already. Second, I'm sometimes irresponsible, I'd probably drop it a puddle (or snow... WI,US weather is unpredictable :grumble:) or forget to mail it on for six months or something like that.
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:55 pm

The first shouldn't be a problem: I can't draw either. The second: you're not the only one who that could happen to with a pretty high chance on this forum. Fact. Plus, if we map this out, people should know where the book got caught up if the next doesn't receive it. So, if you want to, don't worry about those two things =)

BTW: I haven't updated the list of people who joined in in a while. I'll do that when I start with the map or something.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kyevan on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Jake R wrote:The first shouldn't be a problem: I can't draw either. The second: you're not the only one who that could happen to with a pretty high chance on this forum. Fact. Plus, if we map this out, people should know where the book got caught up if the next doesn't receive it. So, if you want to, don't worry about those two things =)

BTW: I haven't updated the list of people who joined in in a while. I'll do that when I start with the map or something.

Eh... put me as tenative. I want to, but I need to convince myself it's OK first.

... I wish I had Nanase's decoy spell. Even if the other me is largely controlled by the same mind, being able to literally talk myself into something would be nice :P
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ajac on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Aw, to Hell with it, I'm in. United States, but I'll be moving in late August(to another part of the States, but still.)
"Life is actually very simple. We make it difficult."--Confucious.
"IDIC- Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations."--Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Q'apla my trekkie bretheren across teh inter-web!
Ut is est Fio mos non planto is Verum.
God wants Spirtual Fruits, not religious nuts.
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Youwillneverknow on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 pm

so is there any particular thing we should draw: New grace forms, characters, potential children?
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby CatsGrin on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, if it can find it's way to Mississippi, I would be glad to add something to it if it's not too late. :)
Sanity, like all things, is best praticed in moderation.
My Deviant Art Page
CatsGrin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mixedintrests on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 am

I'm just posting to bump this thread, and to find out if this is still a go.

So... is it? :)
If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.
~Mark Twain~

*** Participating in the Gender-Swap Avitar fun! In light of having a gender neutral name I shall simply change my name like so: interestsmixed! It's swaped SEE???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Years of Bunny-ness: Over 2 Years!
Posts so far: 230
Newbies Glomped: 12 (First: 3)
Newbie Packages given: 5
TOTAL XP: 1,125

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 am

It is, but I've hardly been online the past week or so. Too busy with an important university assignment (submitted through internet form 3 minutes before the deadline), being security at a 1-day anime convention (making that the third I volunteer at, out of the currently 3 anime conventions in the Netherlands...), playing D&D for 2 days twice (2 different groups) in 5 days, and a day of waking up around 2 PM and doing nothing at all in between them.

I'll see when I make a map. Before sending it around I want to take it to ComicCon first anyway, which means I have a bit more time. It also means that, since I'm going there and haven't packed and checked everything yet, I'll be busy for a bit longer to make sure I don't miss anything. And yes, I do think that's the correct order of priorities. =)
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mixedintrests on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 am

Hmmm, lets see:

Jake R's order of Priorities:

1) University
2) Anime
3) D&D
4) ComicCon
5) Scetchbook project

Looks about right to me! :D

....Except (duh, duh, DUH) I don't play D&D, so that one wouldn't even be on my list. :oops:
If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.
~Mark Twain~

*** Participating in the Gender-Swap Avitar fun! In light of having a gender neutral name I shall simply change my name like so: interestsmixed! It's swaped SEE???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 am

Anime conventions in particular: while I do watch anime, I do so sporadically. And ComicCon is #2. =P
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mixedintrests on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 am

Jake R wrote:Anime conventions in particular: while I do watch anime, I do so sporadically. And ComicCon is #2. =P

Oh... I just listed them in the order you said them.

The order there is about right for me (minus the D&D and the Project since I'm not leading it). I don't go to conventions anymore because I can't really afford them, but I really miss Otakon a lot. I've never been to ComicCon because when I started reading web-comics it was after I became a broke college student. Plus it doesn't really come around anywhere close to where I live, so it would be even more expensive for me. But it would still be on the list of something I would like to go to someday! :D
~Mark Twain~

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Axel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

I'm game, if there's still time to join in.
If something I say offends you, don't get angry. It's never worth the effort. Just listen to this.

"I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore!" - RM, http://www.dndresources.com

Inventory: 1 proton pack, 1 ghost trap, pastry and fillet of sole, six empty Mt. Dew cans, 1 squirrel teddy, a TF gun, an Emu, and Occam's Razor. Not afraid to use them.

Currently bucking for a section-8.
Axel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Postby Jake R on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am

There is.

Sadly, I encountered a problem: the paper in question seems to smudge more / more easily than I expected, and I took the sketchbook home with me after bringing it to Comic Con to perform some tests. I hope to find the cheapest way to fix the pencil to the paper (without ruining the drawings), be it fixative or hair spray or whatever. Suggestions are very welcome.

I'll also try to create a map soon (after completing the list in the first page... =/), and scan the drawings made so far so everybody can enjoy them! Current list of artists who drew something:

- My dad! Woo!
- KillerFish
- Brillian_Troy (<-sp? 1 or 2 l?)
- Xepharon
- MOOMANiBE... twice, because Troy begged me to allow for an extra drawing for him. I hope others won't feel the need to hog several pages because of this =/

Be aware that updates will probably be slow, with several things upcoming that will take some serious amount of time on my side. Things that most certainly have priority. It'll happen though. I hope sooner rather than later.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kyrio on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:17 am

I believe it's "brylian_troy". Sorry I didn't make it to the con and couldn't participate. I'll ask if I can give out my address, though.
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level!"
"IT'S...1006"
"Really?"
"Yeah, kick his ass, Nappa."
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xylric on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm in, if it's still possible.

Canada needs love too. :P
Never battle a pyrokinetic in a fireworks factory.

Inventory:
1 TF Gun, 1 Cookie wrapped in plastic, 1 Dead Fish, 1 Squirrel Teddy, 6 cans of Unlabeled Soda, 1 Uryuom Work Suit, 1 clockwork cube, 1 TF buster mod Kit, Blue Plasma Pen, Infinite dice bag, catnip mouse, ball of green yarn,1 Uryuom Work Suit, 1 Enchanted Diamond Katana

Personal effects:
Artemis-grade Dattoos, and a Wraith. Ask for details!
Xylric
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: The currently burning, former gleaming, towers of scholarly might

Postby Jake R on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 am

Kyrio wrote:I believe it's "brylian_troy". Sorry I didn't make it to the con and couldn't participate. I'll ask if I can give out my address, though.

I suck with names, even online ^_^''

More people is more fun... I just need time.

[edit:] And energy. I'm a wreck ;_; [/edit]
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mixedintrests on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:47 am

*bump* :P
~Mark Twain~

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:09 am

Yeah, sorry. I didn't even have time to get dressed most of the last 2 weeks. I woke up, turned on my pc, started working on my staff-tasks for the convention I do stuff at and didn't leave my room until dinner. After which I continued working until 2 am, went to bed, repeat.

Good thing I don't eat and drink much so I actually didn't even have to leave my room for toilet breaks much too =P
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Youwillneverknow on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:43 am

Is th.is still going to happen? or has it been deemed to difficult
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jake R on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 am

It has been deemed to difficult to deal with in the utter lack of time I have now. However, it has been delayed, not removed from thought. I will try to set up something once I have more time, but up till now all my free time went into doing the (study) things I should've been doing when I was organising the (very successfull!) Abunai 2008 Dutch Anime convention (as of this year officially the biggest anime convention in the country).

Plus, I'm still active in my student association and the Dutch Game Development And Research Club (DGDARC) that's officially part of the study association. And started playing D&D 3.5 in 2 groups at once, compared to never having played it before. Not to mention those 2 choirs and an upcoming festival I'm singing at in both choirs, which means practice madness...

... sorry for the delay after delay after delay. Trust me, it's not always pleasant on my side either.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive