[PODCAST] Bunnycast is up! (4/11...or something...)

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: [PODCAST] Bunnycast is up! (3/14)

Postby sven8705 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Just listened to the last one. Homer, I don't know how you keep those guys in line. And Moom, you sound like Brian Crecente from http://www.kotaku.com
I introduced myself on page 42 of the newbie intro thread. Truly this means I am the answer.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby bignutter on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 am

Image I can't Wotch anything, and I've not going to get my chance to read The Wotch!

Image Is that a "hint" for saying new Podcast is up and has The Wotch's Robin in it?

BN
Image Yup, She's in it too.

Image D'oh! Have you've been playing with the TFG again?
Started as a Bunny in 23 Aug 04... It's taken me over a year to join.

The story behind that avatar.

Beaware I do art, as much as I fart... (Note to self: Don't produce flatulant Rhymes..)

AC:WW, Mario Kart DS/Wii, StarFox DS, FF3, Pokémon D/P/PBR, and Brawl - PM me for a FC swap.
bignutter
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby solemnwarning on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:01 pm

I've just listened to the first two eps, one response: (wheeee + rofl)^inf.
Now, where did I put my MP3 player...

By the way, why does it go from ep04 to ep07?
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kyrio on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm not going to Comiccon specifically, but I'll be in the area for a day or so. I just don't know which. I take it it'll be difficult to get in without getting a ticket before hand.
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level!"
"IT'S...1006"
"Really?"
"Yeah, kick his ass, Nappa."
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ineluki on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:41 am

Awsome, finally a new episode! But why the heck is it #7?
Anyway, dunno if it's my adjusted hearing or the quality but the sound levels of everyone seem much better now, good work! :D

And I can't express how painfully it is to hear about the con without having the means to go there... oh well, some year... :grumble:
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby solemnwarning on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:27 am

I've just listened to all the eps, I think it was much better near the end where the sound was better *claps* *applauds* *praises* etc

Pity I'm in the UK, otherwise I might go to comic-con :(
GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jake R on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 am

solemnwarning wrote:I've just listened to all the eps, I think it was much better near the end where the sound was better *claps* *applauds* *praises* etc

KillerFish is in the UK as well, and I'm Dutch.

Save up, come next year!
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: [PODCAST] Bunnycast is up! (4/11...or something...)

Postby Nightranger on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:47 pm

I agree with Homer fully as to the tastiness of buffalo burgers.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jake R on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:53 pm

First: I was mentioned, and my nick was correctly pronounced! I feel proud.
Second: When I heard the bit about buffalo burgers, I instantly felt the need to make a Pulp Fiction reference and ask if there's any mayonaise on those burgers. (Me being Dutch...)
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:22 pm

No mayonaise, just onion rings and hickory BBQ sauce, at least at the place where I get them.

This is making me hungry
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby solemnwarning on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Jake R wrote:
solemnwarning wrote:I've just listened to all the eps, I think it was much better near the end where the sound was better *claps* *applauds* *praises* etc

KillerFish is in the UK as well, and I'm Dutch.

Save up, come next year!

:D!

Does it cost a lot to get there?
Is there an age limit? (I turned 16 in febuary)

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jake R on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:18 pm

The flight is insanely expensive because it's on the west coast (around €900-€1000 when I started looking, but you can get tickets cheaper if you try to get them earlier than I did). Depending on where you stay while there, that might cost you a lot too, trying to group up with others bunnies for (for example) a hotelroom can reduce the price by a lot though. Tickets for the convention (an entire weekend) are $75, but since the dollar is so cheap currently that translate into just under €50 for those of us (like me) who are European.

All in all, it's not cheap. But I'm pretty sure it's worth it, at least for once. Ofcourse, I can't say for certain, because I though going there was impossible for me until only about 2 months ago, so this'll be my first time ^_^
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby solemnwarning on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:14 am

Are there other things usually happening around the time of the con too? Or places to visit?

EDIT: 900E is over £700, please tell me that covers a return flight, not just one-way

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jake R on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:25 am

For places to visit, listen to the podcasts!

And yes, if that price doesn't cover a return flight, I'm pretty much screwed. =P

[edit:] Regarding the energy drinks you were talking about:

The security staff at a Dutch con I volunteer at tells us not to drink more than one, maybe two of those a day, and preferrably none at all. Reason? A few years back, 2 guys drank so much alcohol and Red Bull that not even shaking or pinching them really, really hard could return them to the realm of those realising what was happening around them. They were laying face-first on a table, no reactions to ANYTHING. Just before the hospital was called, they finally woke up, completely out of this world.

They were sent/taken/dragged to their hotel rooms, and when they woke up they were sent home immediately. Their badges were taken and they were no longer allowed on the convention grounds.

So my advice:
- Experiment with energy drinks and heavy exhaustion (pull an all-nighter a Friday-Saturday night for instance) BEFORE coming to the convention.
- Do so with others around you who can keep an eye on you.
- Stay below this tested amount at the convention grounds.
- Do NOT MIX ENERGY DRINKS WITH ALCOHOL. Seriously. A beer or two, fine, but don't overdo it.

That last one is not just because of the convention example. The daughter of one of my parents' bosses died due to a bad energy drink / alcohol / dancing mix. No drugs other than the caffeïne etc. in the energy drinks, too. So please, unless you're certain you can handle it due to previous experience? Don't. =/ [/edit]
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby solemnwarning on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:43 am

Jake R wrote:Experiment with energy drinks and heavy exhaustion (pull an all-nighter a Friday-Saturday night for instance) BEFORE coming to the convention.

All-nighters are normal for me when it's not school time ^^

58% Tedd, 58% Sarah
solemnwarning
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Amon Star on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:12 am

Heh, makes me wish I was going to Comic Con this year. Oh well.

On a side note, I have work out how Helen Net controls the other two. By doing most of the talking. :P
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jake R on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Can't blame the guy after what happened last time though, right? =P

(Although it was hilarious. "OBJECTION!" xD)

@solemnwarning: maybe, but what do you usually do during, before, and after those all-nighters? I'd like to ask you not to sit behind your pc (or tv, or whatever) during this time, but walk around and do stuff instead. That'll give you a better idea of what a convention will do to you =D

Most people can handle multiple energy drinks during times of little movement, for instance while gaming. "A tray a day" at LAN parties, or so people have told me. But that's not what I'm talking about here =P
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:21 pm

On the topic of energy drinks:

If you're one of those people who don't like energy drinks, I'd recommend getting a flavored one or one that contains juice. While chances are you still won't enjoy it, you may find it more tolerable than a normal one. Some examples would be the Blue Devil and Nature is One Bad Mother flavors of Full Throttle, or one of the three juice Monsters: Khaos, M-80, and Mixxed. I'd stay away from M-80 though, it's not very good. Khaos is good, but be prepared--it contains a bit of just about every type of fruit juice under the sun. Mixxed would probably be you're best bet. Or, if you're a coffee person, there's about half a dozen different flavors of Monster Java, which is basically coffee with the Monster energy blend. I'm not much of a coffee person myself, and have only tried Monster Java once, and it was one of their "cocktail" flavors--Russian to be specific--so it had a lot of other flavorings in it too, but it didn't seem to have any of the characteristic energy drink taste (or aftertaste). There's also the Chai Hai Monster--chai tea with the monster energy blend. Very good, and again doesn't taste like an energy drink at all.

If you can stand the taste of regular energy drinks, Monster makes some pretty big cans of their original flavor. Normal Monsters come in 16 oz. cans, but they also make 24 oz. and 32 oz. sizes. There are also energy shots that you can get that are supposed to not cause the nasty crash that people talk about energy drinks having (I haven't ever experienced much of a crash after drinking energy drinks though). As another alternative to energy drinks, there are also mouth sprays that you can pick up that are supposed to have the same effect. I'd also recommend checking out the Thinkgeek caffeine section. They've got the best selection of energy-boosting products I've seen. Aside from the sorts of things I've already mentioned, they also have everything from Bawls to chocolate-covered expresso beans to Javapops to Headshot bars to caffinated sunflower seeds.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jake R on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:07 am

Those sound like good ideas. I do wonder how much caffeïne is in the American versions though. I know the Dutch Red Bulls (they differ per country!) have '32 milligrams of caffeïne / 100 milliliter', which I believe to be the legal maximum, but those aren't American standards. Usually sold in 250 ml cans...

This tells me that's about 8.45 oz.
If you know the density of caffeïne / liquid in American energy drinks, please use this to convert it to milligrams / milliliters for me? I'm curious. =)

Remember, I still stand by my bold claim that it can be insanely dangerous to go too far without testing it in more normal and controlled circumstances. Also, caffeïne can be addictive (a claim also shared by Dan) so watch yourself ^_^''
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:37 am

Well, I'm not sure exactly how much caffeine is in any brand of energy drink, but I know that 16 oz cans of Monster advise not to consume more than 3 of them per day. So that's 48 oz.

I'm looking at a can of Monster right now and it gives the fallowing info on how much caffeine and other energy-enhancers it contains per 8 oz. serving size.

Taurine -- 1000mg
Panax Ginseng -- 200mg
Energy Blend -- 2500mg
it says the energy blend contains L-carnitine, glucose, caffeine, guarana, inositol, glucuronolactone, and maltodextrin

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jake R on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:10 am

Well... if an approximately 8.45 oz can in the Netherlands contains about 2.5 times 32 mg as it states here, that would be around 80 mg of caffeïne.

Caffeïne is 0.03% of the contents, where taurine is 0.4%, translating in roughly 13 times as high. 13 times 80 equals 1040 so it looks like the concentrations aren't really different.

Good. That means I won't have to worry about blowing up =)

[edit:] I don't know about the other contents you listed because I can't seem to find those on the description of the Red Bull can, or at least not under the same name. I do know other brands around here have at least the ginseng so I'll go check those out as well, just for the sake of curiosity =) [/edit]
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kyrio on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Addendum: The decree to name all Hylian princesses Zelda was passed by the Prince rather than the King.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there's a new podcast up and you get to hear my horrible voice XP
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level!"
"IT'S...1006"
"Really?"
"Yeah, kick his ass, Nappa."
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:57 pm

*grumbles about War Thread comment*
We had enough people to run it...
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jake R on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:21 am

War thread:

If you (all of you) want to continue the past in the present, please start with the past and give me a chronological, objective, and neutral line of events. Until that happens, I fear for the worst as to where this conversation might go, so please do yourself a favor and... well... don't.

All I know of it currently, is that it started out okay, and went wrong. We've all seen stuff like that happen, but it seems people are still recovering from this particular conflict (*points @ AP's reply as an example*) and I don't like being forced to the sidelines of a conflict only because I do not know the facts. Especially because usually, this means I'm not the only one who does not know all the facts (emphasis on all being very important here), which in turn often is the reason for the entire conflict to be happening.

For as far as this conflict goes, I'm neutral due to lack of facts (I have a few, but far from enough). From the facts I have, I do know that everybody had the best intentions, but everybody made mistakes (ey, you're at least partly human, how furry of mechanical the other parts may be...), and that everybody knows this. I just have this feeling people don't dare admit it. =/

BUNNYCAST:

Downloaded, starting up... NOW!
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:29 am

Is it a bad sign that listening to that Bunny Cast gave me an idea for a couple of Slash-Fics? One when Kyrio said that Link was called that by the designer so that the player could insert themselves into him. The other was when Dame Helen was taking about polishing a massive cannon in the navy.

Anyway, moving on. Was it just me, or did anyone else notice Squato occasional slipping into a Valley Speak accent there? Where it sounded like every sentence ended with an upwards inflection? Like he was asking a question? To make him sound perky? I'll stop now.

Concerning the Crossover Wars. Sorry again to hear about the death threats Squato, that was just extreme stupidity on the part of the senders. Also, you forget to mention the Boardies. They were in it before the Wotchers got involved. Also, concerning the incident that you mentioned, to be fair to the Wotchers, both sides were Godmodding, not just them & if I remember correctly it was the Bunnies that started it off.

One last thing. I find a good way to describe Forum RP, & of course RPs in general, is interactive storytelling. Or to compare them to a Comic Book world, where there are multiple authors.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive