[PODCAST] Bunnycast is up! (4/11...or something...)

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: [PODCAST] Bunnycast is up!

Postby nitehawk on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:46 pm

I stand by my statement.
If you Read the F###ing Manual, (like the Linux guys like to yell), there "should" be a way to balance the 3 audio streams together so that they will have the same volume level.
Of course, I haven't read the Skytype manual myself, so I can't tell you how.
If not, maybe you could feed it into an audio mixing program to ajust the levels.
Look for a freeware mixer program on zd-net, sourse-forge or softpedia.com. (11 pages!)

Or you could just ignore me! :D

Better luck on the next one.
nitehawk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: A quantum mechanic, I'm everywere! Homebase Chino Calif.

Watch This Space

Postby Proginoskes on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Watch This Space! I will be editing as things come to me.

"Masculunity" I find amusing because of the 'lun' part; 'lun' evokes "lune"; the moon is strongly associated with femininity.
Yay for more SquatoVids!
"WhatWhatWhat?" is quite possibly entering my personal lexicon.
Re: Lack of TFs in the forums: "Non-consensual TFing is wrong!"
The Wet Coast rules.
"Love Thy Neighbor"; "Turn the other cheek"; "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone".
Canada's system is even more screwy: Constitutional Monarchy, with both written and English-style precedent laws; Quebec has both the rest of Canada's laws and a set based on Napoleonic law. As a consequence, the courts have as much legislative power as the actual legislative bodies. On a tangent, Canada is the only country to belong to both the Commonwealth and la Francaphonie, which is like "the Commonwealth for France instead of Britain".
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dayantis on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:40 am

nitehawk wrote:Or better still, each of you have thier own mike.

nitehawk wrote:I stand by my statement.

You stand by the implication that three people in three entirely different continents are sharing a single mic? ;)
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kyrio on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:57 am

it could be a pretty big mic...
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level!"
"IT'S...1006"
"Really?"
"Yeah, kick his ass, Nappa."
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Proginoskes wrote:"Masculunity" I find amusing because of the 'lun' part; 'lun' evokes "lune"; the moon is strongly associated with femininity.

In some cultures, that is (Greek/Roman culture for example). If I recall correctly there are a good number of cultures that view(ed) the moon as masculine.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Helseth on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 am

It was long it was rambling and the dowload cut off the last 10 or so minutes. I loved it can wait for the next one
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dame HelenNet on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:21 pm

1.) New podcast episode up. If you're not using iTunes and haven't already started downloading it...why the hell not?

2.) Sorry about the delays, length, and (yes, still ongoing) sound level problems. We're working on it.
Dame HelenNet
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: [PODCAST] Bunnycast is up! (3/8)

Postby Ajac on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:16 pm

*sighs, raises hand*
Yes, I identify with Killerfish's childhood experiences and his reasons for coming to TFing.
"Life is actually very simple. We make it difficult."--Confucious.
"IDIC- Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations."--Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Q'apla my trekkie bretheren across teh inter-web!
Ut is est Fio mos non planto is Verum.
God wants Spirtual Fruits, not religious nuts.
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:39 am

Heh, that was as good as last time. Keep up the good work.

BTW, the Platypus can be found here.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KillerFish on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:16 pm

The image I drew during this Bunnycast

<,<
>,>

Or at least, I think it was during this bunnycast.
The Honorable Right Reverend Lord Sir Killerfish of the KeenFans, Knight of the Bunny, Teacher of the Ars Largomorpha
My Squires: matthlord, Dayantis, FerretBob and Squato
"Alas, poor Daffyd, I know him OzLionHeart...
Condolences to all who knew him, and apologies...
I didn't know he was going to absent mindedly walk between Squata and I...
During our battle for supremecy over the universe...
But if I had, I still would have done it...
I owed him £5" - FerretBob
KillerFish
Keenspot Despot

Postby Proginoskes on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:53 pm

Nightranger wrote:
Proginoskes wrote:"Masculunity" I find amusing because of the 'lun' part; 'lun' evokes "lune"; the moon is strongly associated with femininity.

In some cultures, that is (Greek/Roman culture for example). If I recall correctly there are a good number of cultures that view(ed) the moon as masculine.

Za? This is stolen from the "The Moon in Mythology" Wikipedia article:
The monthly cycle of the moon, in contrast to the annual cycle of the sun's path, has been implicitly linked to women's menstrual cycles by many cultures, … Greek goddesses Selene and Phoebe and their Olympian successor Artemis, their Roman equivalents Luna and Diana,

Furthermore, do males have an obvious monthly cycle?

I can identify with KillerFish's reasons for gravitating to TF.

There are such things as Double-X Males, wherein a defective X causes a person to be externally male.

Kyrio, are you suggesting that the planet Earth is a microphone?

I like the CastPic. I propose that this becomes tradition.
Call me Prodiraskes.
Is there any way to have inline fixed-width text in BBCode?
Favourite EGS:NP Headline: Uryuomoco Bill: Illegal to Have Non-Translated Signs?
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Veiya on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 am

In retaliation to Helen/HomerNet's TS rant in the second podcast:

Most men have a Y-chromosome, and most women have none. People with the opposing gender's sex chromosome show no greater incidence of gender dysphoria than the ones that have the "correct" chromosome. Hence saying your gender is a direct function of your genetic makeup is incorrect.

The general consensus among reserachers is that the phenomenon of transsexualism is due to a physiological difference from other members of the same sex.
Several such things have been found primarily in the brain.
Wikipedia entry on Transsexualism wrote:Studies indicate that transsexualism is connected with a difference in the human brain called the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. In one study, male-to-female transsexuals and cisgendered women were shown to have brains that were similar to each other in the BSTc area of the brain. Both heterosexual and homosexual men showed male brain structuring in this area.

The theories I've heard on transsexualism is that the body has the capability to evolve into either gender, which gender that the body evolved is controlled by hormonal processes. Cells compare androgens and estrogens in order to know how to develop. Now the theory is that during some critical part of the fetus stage there a hormonal error or miscommunication of some sort, so that the central nervous system develops diffrently from the sex organs, and generally sexual chromosome. Studies have shown that men and women's brains are in fact noticably anatomically diffrent. (Women have for example more white matter (10 times as much as men), propotianally larger hippocampus, amygdala and corpus callosum, while men have more grey matter (6.5 times as much women), proporionally larger hypothalamus and the inferior parietal lobule.)
It was previously thought that sex hormones were primarily bound to sexual behaviour and reproduction, but now we know that it affects various parts of human brain properies (according to "Illustrerad Vetenskap" #14 2005 (science mag)). How the brain develops has alot to do with hormonal activity before birth, and immediately after. Hormones will still afftect the development of the brain later on. But the effect is, from what I gather, comparatively small when it comes to neurological effects.

(Also, on a side note, keep in mind out of every 10 people that seek professional help/conseling for TS issues, generally only one turn out to be TS. Statistically, that is. Sooo... While you may think you are TS, you might not be. But, well... That's up to you to figure out. Though I'd say you should probably talk to a proffesional about that to make sure. If you want to make sure, anyway. Um. Yeah.)
Veiya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nightranger on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Proginoskes wrote:
Nightranger wrote:

Za? This is stolen from the "The Moon in Mythology" Wikipedia article:
The monthly cycle of the moon, in contrast to the annual cycle of the sun's path, has been implicitly linked to women's menstrual cycles by many cultures, … Greek goddesses Selene and Phoebe and their Olympian successor Artemis, their Roman equivalents Luna and Diana,

If you read a bit farther down in that article...
wikipedia wrote:Male lunar gods are also frequent, such as Nanna or Sin of the Mesopotamians, Mani of the Germanic tribes, Thoth of the Egyptians, the Japanese god Tsukuyomi, Rahko of Finns and Tecciztecatl of the Aztecs. These cultures usually featured female Sun goddesses.

While many Neopagan authors and feminist scholars claim[citation needed] that there was an original Great Goddess in prehistoric cultures that was linked to the moon and formed the basis of later religions, the Great Goddess figure is highly speculative and not a proven concept. It is more likely that, if existent, the Great Goddess is based upon earth goddesses, such as Gaea of the Greeks. It may be noted that most of the oldest civilizations mentioned above had male lunar deities, and it was only later cultures — the classical ones most people are familiar with — that featured strong female moon goddesses.
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kyrio on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Proginoskes wrote:Kyrio, are you suggesting that the planet Earth is a microphone?

If the hills can have eyes, why not ears as well XP

This edition didn't really interest me as I'm not a transgender fan. Good show, nonetheless.
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level!"
"IT'S...1006"
"Really?"
"Yeah, kick his ass, Nappa."
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Proginoskes on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:50 pm

Sorry Nightranger, I misread your original post (on this subject). I thought you were giving the Greco-Roman culture as an example of a culture with a male moon god.
In ANY case, I think we're arguing about nothing; my original point (that the moon is associated with femininity in our present cultural context) stands, but does not refute your observation that historical counterexamples do exist.

To give a weak justification for the existence of this post, I propose that the creator of the CastPic be a rotating position.
Call me Prodiraskes.
Is there any way to have inline fixed-width text in BBCode?
Favourite EGS:NP Headline: Uryuomoco Bill: Illegal to Have Non-Translated Signs?
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Proginoskes wrote:Sorry Nightranger, I misread your original post (on this subject). I thought you were giving the Greco-Roman culture as an example of a culture with a male moon god.
In ANY case, I think we're arguing about nothing; my original point (that the moon is associated with femininity in our present cultural context) stands, but does not refute your observation that historical counterexamples do exist.

To give a weak justification for the existence of this post, I propose that the creator of the CastPic be a rotating position.

No problem, we all misread things now and then.

Also, about the CastPic, is it just me, or does HelenNet sound sort of like Yoda in it? "Get the salt shall I, hmmmm?"

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:32 am

Nightranger wrote:
Proginoskes wrote:Sorry Nightranger, I misread your original post (on this subject). I thought you were giving the Greco-Roman culture as an example of a culture with a male moon god.

No problem, we all misread things now and then.

Also, about the CastPic, is it just me, or does HelenNet sound sort of like Yoda in it? "Get the salt shall I, hmmmm?"

Now I have an image of Yoda dressed as Dame HelenNet.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Amon Star wrote:Now I have an image of Yoda dressed as Dame HelenNet.

Then my work here is done.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Xepharon on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 am

Totally awesome podcast, once again. But who was the artist who sang that song at the end, "Crazy World"?

and btw, i can also identify with the lean to of TF Guns.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Free Radical on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Xepharon wrote:Totally awesome podcast, once again. But who was the artist who sang that song at the end, "Crazy World"?

It's an EGS fansong by cyberseth.
Or at least I assume it is, and not the Aslan song of the same name...
Free Radical
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nocturn on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:18 pm

It is indeed by Cyberseth, who also composed Because Of Your Grace which was sung by his sister.

And I have them both.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:51 am

Any way I can buy/get a hold of that song? I've gone through nearly every iTunes method I cant think of...and still no luck. I'm beginning to think iTunes doesn't have it.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Free Radical on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:04 am

Xepharon wrote:Any way I can buy/get a hold of that song? I've gone through nearly every iTunes method I cant think of...and still no luck. I'm beginning to think iTunes doesn't have it.

Well, you can hear the full song here anyway. Other than that, PM the author and ask? He seems to still be active on the Dominic Deegan forums.
Free Radical
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dame HelenNet on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 am

New podcast up.

Glad to see there's this much discussion activity on our podcasts. :)
Dame HelenNet
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ineluki on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:40 am

Dame HelenNet wrote:New podcast up.

Best! cast! up to now! Now I'm really jealous about the ppl who can go to the con :okthen:

Oh and if you're serious about the sluggy archives, I'll have the archives finished for download in a week or such. having them on hdd always saves a load of time. so let me know, if it's needed.

And as I see you still haven't solved the volume issues, I'll recommend you this sweet micro. bought it myself a few weeks ago and I'm 100% contend with it, concerning volume, lack of acoustic feedback and so on... pretty cheap too.

anyway, good job, was fun listening as always.
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive