Generic obligitory pointless forum political discussion!

The newest, hat-filled creation from the man who brought you PENTASMAL!

Moderator: Sleepy Jim

Generic obligitory pointless forum political discussion!

Postby DarkBlack on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 pm

They're both fuckwads. Discussion over.

Phew, glad to have gotten that over with.
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:36 pm

O..Okay?
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby YarnIsland on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:36 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by YarnIsland on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby EventSpire on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:03 pm

I live in Ontario, Canada. I do care who the president is.
There was a wave of people saying it is your right to vote, and the wave against it is some like jaded nonsense where they say they are tired of it and heard it all before. Like people ignoring what Bush did and dismissing it as all bandwagon fishheads and other stuff. It is almost so big you can't even see it, so you are able to spin around and act like you don't need to. Your vote does make a difference. The president does make a difference. Would kerry have done things radically different? Who knows. But at least it would have been "Let's try this guy" instead of "The majority of our country agree with what has happened". That is what is being said. Don't come out and say "He wouldn't have done anything different" when everyone is hearing "We agree with this guy".
I don't want to hear people step out and act mad as if it is their right to be mad as if something has happened to him. I can't listen to people get mad about politics and say that it is the system's fault. I don't want to hear any more blame smearing. People are mean, they will always be mean, I had my friend say that all Americans were stupid. He is stupid, but clock me from now until forever to see if that stops me from being concerned.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBlack on Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:16 pm

Your vote does make a difference.

No it doesn't. It affects who becomes prime minister of Uk (where ever the hell that is). I guess that makes me a communist, huh? Or, were you responding to Yawn Island's post, which was apparently so good it had to be covered up, to stop our brains imploding, or something..?

Personally I really *couldn't* care who becomes/became president. No, really. It gets really annoying people posting about fucking politics on forums, especially forums about comics and games. What the fuck does politics have to do with comics?

Not that I'm insulting you, Event Spire, since I started this topic (even if I was taking the piss...). The above rant was aimed at people who come onto forums and DO start topics about this shit, as if anyone else cares, and are being serious. Those people should be shot in the face. Repeatedly.
But defending your views is Ok... at least until I become dictator of the world...
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YarnIsland on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:27 pm

i deleted my post because after reading Event's post, i realized i really wanted nothing to do with politcal posts here. i post here because its fun, and politics (to me) are not fun.

And very clever with the "yawn island" thing, i like it.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby EventSpire on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:53 pm

While this is a forum about the comic, what can be said about Men in hats? Daily gags, Aram is mean, the clown guy is sad. It's all about the people. Like a bar. A TV bar.
I wasn't attacking yarnisland. I was attacking a lot of people. Votes do make a difference. It is just how big that difference is. It is not possible for them not to make a difference, but due to the mess of electoral votes and swing states and etc, that gets smeared in 5 directions.
Talking politics is like talking sandwiches and rye. It is talking. I am not even talking about Bush or Kerry, that is the sweet spot. That is why it is fun for me. I'm spitting on all those people who try and convince me that voting is pointless, elections are pointless, and the presidency doesn't matter. The US has dipped its toes into a lot of foreign affairs, and experience shows that this will continue. If the US trumpets itself as a beacon of freedom, then it shines all the brighter and more people see it.
And yeah I was responding to Yarnisland's post, not DarkBlack's. Just something set off something in my head and I started going. I wish yarnisland kept his post because you would probably have a lot of people agreeing with that. I hear that a lot.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby YarnIsland on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:51 pm

Hey.

Sorry I deleted my post, I guess I just didn't know how to/didn't want to try to respond to yours, because for the most part you are right. I chose not to vote for many reasons, most of which are stupid and pointless, and I have no real excuse. I should have kept the post, I know, but like I said in the next one, I didn't really want to get involved in this discussion, but I guess that's gone and done with.

I don't know, I am sorry Event. I know people would agree with me and everything, but at the time of my deleting I was just in a 'okay i don't want to get into this' mood and that's my only excuse. I am not very politcal and when it comes to that stuff, I am also not very smart. I will admit that. That's it really. Maybe I'll do a rewrite and go more in depth about it later, but for now, its dinner time with my brother, who is turning 21 in just two hours.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby I Love Lloyd on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:00 pm

What the fuck does politics have to do with comics?

Um, when Bush blows up the world you might care...

The problem - I went out and I voted because Bush should never have been president in the first place, Gore should have won in 2000, but since there's no known time machine to fix that mishap in history I say Bush should have been impeached long ago for LYING to the American public in order to WRONGFULLY attack Iraq. I hate him and I want him out of office. I blame every single American who voted for Bush, we are one hunk of inbred idiots (the majority at least) and don't EVEN get me started on the Electoral College. So fuck, if you don't care then you're just helping Bush ruin our lives and our futures...how do you stop him once he get's started. I'm sick of the people I have to say are my fellow citizens.

Shame on you.
[ Insert Funny Line Here ]
I Love Lloyd
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TFBrett on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:14 pm

LLOYD HEY MOVE TO CANADA ^___________^

The American electoral system is fucked, and with Bush's election, the judiciary aspect of government will become his pawn. Kiss those checks and balances goodbye. Hurray!

If you decide not to move to Canada, please murder every evangelist protestant in the USA, because they made a massive difference in the vote because their ministers told them to vote Bush. So yeah, kill them all or move to Canada. Your call. Go nuts.
TFBrett
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkBlack on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:23 am

Not if I beat him too it...

I'm finding this pretty ironic... I started this thread to get the obligitory politic thread over with, as it seems EVERY board has to have some moron post their opinions on politics, and I decided to be that moron. But the thread is over with.

I'm not complaining because you are defending your views - I would if someone posted something I actually cared about (like THAT exists). But this was a joke topic. I tried to aim for the lowest common denominator in the hopes I would placate enough people's apparently instictual urge to post crap about politics.

So it's over. You've all had your say. Politics is now officially over in the MiH forum. Now, let's all gather round to laugh at Jim Carrey!

*points and laughs at Jim Carrey*

Ha ha! You had a mildly successful comedy career entertaining American 10 year olds but once you tried to branch off into more serious mediums your ideas were rejected as people expected you to keep performing in a comedic but apparently unfufilling way which has left you feeling sad and uncertain about your future! You jerk!
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Psyonide on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 am

DarkBlack wrote:
*points and laughs at Jim Carrey*

Ha ha! You had a mildly successful comedy career entertaining American 10 year olds but once you tried to branch off into more serious mediums your ideas were rejected as people expected you to keep performing in a comedic but apparently unfufilling way which has left you feeling sad and uncertain about your future! You jerk!

Carrey's only good acting work was in a serious film, and a good film at that. Go back to watching your snuff movies.
Psyonide
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBlack on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:47 am

Carrey's only good acting work

Carrey has never had ANY good acting work. He is a blight upon this world, like some kind of... uh, blighty thing.

*points and laughs a Jim Carrey*

Haha! Whatcha doin', blight-o?
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TFBrett on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:47 am

Carrey classics:

Man on the Moon
Ace Ventura (1, not that 2 bullshit)
Bruce Almighty
NOT the Mask. BORRRRRING

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - best movie this year. The shining star hovering above a heap of shitty, pointless trash-comedies and bad action movies.
TFBrett
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:52 am

I agree with Brett, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was fantastic, I love it.

Also, the Majestic was pretty cool too, my eyes may have watered up a couple times during it. Hm, Truman Show was awesome too, that was in between comedy and drama, but I enjoyed it as well. I like him.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBlack on Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:35 am

Well, I've never seen ANY of those films, cept Ace Ventura, which I hated with a passion. Films I was thinking about were The Cable Guy, The Mask, Liar Liar and Me, myself and Irene. All of those suck.

If I ever see Jim Carrey I'm gonna nail his tongue to his ass...
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:54 am

You tell them DB, way to speak your mind. But seriously, you should check some of those other movies out. In the ones you named you have reason to dislike Jim Carrey. He was a staple actor, playing the exact same person more or less in each of his movies. The zany, wild, clueless middle age man who is a huge over-actor in everything he does. But I think he himself may have realized that that was a problem and he wanted to explore other things he could do, such as drama. In Eternal Sunshine he is able to still be very comedic but explore a totally different acting style.

And other things, bla bla. If I ever meet Jim Carrey in real life, I think I will hug him. And probably get his autograph.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby EventSpire on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:15 pm

I feel I should bring attention to Jim Carry in man on the Moon, The Majestic, and Bruce Almighty. He is good in all sorts of movies. Even in the Cable Guy. Actually, he was probaby BEST in Cable Guy because he played the character so well and reminded me of people I know. People may not have liked the character but that's not what it is about.
Jim Carrey is good. Jim Carrey is very good. I now hate DarkBlack like I hate Angry Zucchini.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:01 pm

Oh man, I feel stupid for forgetting Man on the Moon. That movie...and his acting, tremendous. I really enjoyed it well, he played Andy like no one else could have. Yeah, Jim Carrey is good.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Scud422 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:28 pm

I voted for Drew Carey.
Scud422
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DarkBlack on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:43 pm

Pfff. Yeah, well you all would like Jim Carrey. You Americans have no sense of irony. And by no sense of irony I mean you all suck.[/code]
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:21 pm

EventSpire is from Canada, and he's been defending Jim Carrey. He even let us all know he's from Canada in this very thread! Ontario, Canada, he told us.

RIF
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brady Kj on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:03 pm

Well, duh. Spire has to defend a member of his own kind.
Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkBlack on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:10 pm

America, Canada, like there's a difference. Well, no difference in the sucking department, anyway. By which I mean you both suck. America. And Canada. Suck. Yeah, you two, I'm talking to you! You suck! Suck like each other! You suck each other, even!

I think you get the picture...

The picture is of me, lying naked and crying, curled into a ball on a hard concrete floor. I just pooed myself in the picture.
DarkBlack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:01 pm

I think you're the dumbest person in the world.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Men In Hats