Koala Or Racoon?

The newest, hat-filled creation from the man who brought you PENTASMAL!

Moderator: Sleepy Jim

Which is better?

Koala
31%
Racoon
31%
Neither
38%

Total votes : 13

Postby Psyonide on Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:59 pm

D: It's tatooed on the back o' their neck. (spying the tart) 'Ere, is that rat
tart?
M: yes.
D: Disgusting! Right! Men, the chase is on! Now we should all kneel!
(they all kneel)
Psyonide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brady Kj on Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:21 am

EventSpire wrote:Brandy Kj, educate us on Immanuel Kant.

Well, clearly you're one of the most ignorant people ever. Everyone knows who Kant was. I've known for days and days who Kant was.
And you can't get my name right. Thus, you are clearly retarded. I've been able to get my name right for more days than I can count.
Barry Boson's life goal was to discover alien life forms... Until he had to share his apartment with one.

www.drunkduck.com/Zargaz_and_Barry/
Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EventSpire on Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:41 am

Okay Brandy, this is what I am hearing.

Brandy KJ: "I want to change the topic. Let's change it to Kantsky"
Eventspire the Amazing: "Explain further!"
Bronson KJ: "You are ignorant and can't get my lame name right and I am eating baking soda".

I'm no discussion magician here, but you're messing everything up. Now if you're too much of an old lady to continue, then fine. Go feed your cats or knit a christmas village.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Psyonide on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Just last night I was knitting some cats and feeding them a christmas village, how close I came to living the life on an old Brady Kj-esque lady.
I suppose I'll just have to start raping and pillaging again.
Psyonide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brady Kj on Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:42 pm

Okay. Kant was a guy who thought that everything was an Idealist, which is quite a different thing from what people normally say when they use the word idealist. In philosophy, an Idealist is somebody who believes that only ideas are real, and everything is a product of our minds.
Thus, it was quite difficult for Kant to be the stupidest Idealist philosopher ever.

Anyway, Kant noticed that there are two completely separate sets of thoughts that he uses to think about things: the scientific way, and the religious/artsy way (his concept, not mine). He had a hard time figuring out how this inconsistency in his mind can exist if there's only one universe, so he determined that we must live in two separate universes: the sciency universe where things make logical sense, and the religy-arty universe where logic doesn't apply.
Barry Boson's life goal was to discover alien life forms... Until he had to share his apartment with one.

Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brady Kj on Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:45 pm

Okay. Kant was a guy who thought that everything was an Idealist, which is quite a different thing from what people normally say when they use the word idealist. In philosophy, an Idealist is somebody who believes that only ideas are real, and everything is a product of our minds.
Thus, it was quite difficult for Kant to be the stupidest Idealist philosopher ever.

Anyway, Kant noticed that there are two completely separate sets of thoughts that he uses to think about things: the scientific way, and the religious/artsy way (his concept, not mine). He had a hard time figuring out how this inconsistency in his mind can exist if there's only one universe, so he determined that we must live in two separate universes: the sciency universe where things make logical sense, and the religy-arty universe where logic doesn't apply.

Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EventSpire on Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:06 pm

From this description I cam decided that he was both crazy and stupid. Philosophy is a fickle thing. It is an institution that can't really defend itself when someone asks "Well what does it really do?"
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Scud422 on Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:46 pm

Philosophy helps one think clearly and logically instead of being a fickle social lemming.

I would go on, but I doubt that any of you have enough brainpower to actually have a philosophical conversation with me.

Prove me wrong.

PROVE ME WRONG!!
Scud422
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:48 am

I could trump your concrete brain in a philosophical conversation. You missed my point you raving baffoon. You stole my word, and just because you do not want to contemplate the phrase "what is how?" does not make you a robot or social lemming. You don't give people enough credit. From this I can state that you are unfit to talk to me. But since you are in California, I will let this slide.
Let's say a layman walks up to you and say "Well what does Philosophy do?". Only part of the time does it allow you to think clearly. There is so much bullshit, conflict, and nonsense buried in it that you have to sort through it. Kant is an example. In that sense you have a lot of stuff to deal with, and often times it doesn't lead to clearer thinking. It introduces to a world of contradictions and sometimes-explinations and other insane things. It isn't a science and there is no method that everyone can get. It is a free for all, man- there's stuff flying all over the place.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brady Kj on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:19 pm

Agreed, Spire. I'm in a philosophy class, of course, and I liked the chapter about God. However, the next chapter, about reality, was irritating as hell. That chapter is philosophy at its worst; flaky arguments claiming that minds are more real than objects because they're more important, and that dreams are real because they affect us. Some people think that the reason 2 + 2 is 4 is only because somebody says so, that math is meaningless words and rules that somebody just made up.

The branch of philosophy that I want to learn about is Ethics. I should read that part of the book, but it doesn't look like I'll ever have the time to do it.
Last edited by Brady Kj on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Psyonide on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:29 pm

I am the King of philosophy, observe:

I am Psyonide, therefor I am like unto a God.

It's hole-proof!
Last edited by Psyonide on Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psyonide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Scud422 on Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:51 pm

You stole my word Eventspire. "Me" is my word.
Scud422
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Godmexican on Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:24 pm

i conquer
The Godmexican
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Men In Hats