Stickers would be ideal.

The newest, hat-filled creation from the man who brought you PENTASMAL!

Moderator: Sleepy Jim

Stickers would be ideal.

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:19 am

in having to do with today's comic, I think a set of stickers would be nice. maybe one of each character saying some ridiculous line having nothing to do with their actually character or personality, such as the one in today's comic, which was hilarious. Anyone agree or am I just crazy. Lemme know what ya think........okay bye.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby thenewbf on Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:51 am

i want stickers!!!! gimme stickers! can there be posters too? and comic strip calenders? one of those calenders that has every day on its own page, except in this case each page could have one of the comic strips. that would be so awesome!

ur not the only crazy one :wink:
thenewbf
Junior Keenspotter

Postby YarnIsland on Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:10 am

Oh man, good call on the calender, I forgot about that. It could be like one of those desk calenders where you peel off each page and theres a new comic, like the Far Side ones, those were awesome.

Maybe we should just start a business of making Men in Hats Merchendise and quit or normal jobs, I think we could do it. I want stickers so badly...
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jiperly on Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:39 am

Keep on Truckin'
I have nothing to put here.
Except that...
...and that.......
...and that.......
...and that.......
...and that.......
...and that....

...and that.
Jiperly
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YarnIsland on Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:39 am

okay so I've decided to come up with some stickers for the characters, because I was bored. Here's two, anyone else feel free to suggest more. woot.

Sticker for Jeriah- Pony rides 25 cents.

Sticker for Gamal- Go shorty, its your birthday, we're going to party like its your birthday...(it can go on).

so thats it.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Angry_Zucchini on Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:02 am

YarnIsland wrote:okay so I've decided to come up with some stickers for the characters, because I was bored. Here's two, anyone else feel free to suggest more. woot.

Sticker for Jeriah- Pony rides 25 cents.

Sticker for Gamal- Go shorty, its your birthday, we're going to party like its your birthday...(it can go on).

so thats it.

I'll be rather frank. Those are the two dumbest ideas I have ever seen. Go shorty? Its your birthday? How is Gamal 50 cent? Actually, when did Gamal even start rapping? Pony rides? Jesus, every single word you wrote hurts my brain. Wouldnt it make more sense to use quotes that actually originated from the character? Orrrr.. You could just realize that unless you're willing to make the damn stickers yourself, for yourself, and only for yourself - they will never happen! You damn merch freaks, where the hell did you all appear from? Suddenly you vaporized and flooded into the forums demanding random things because a comic was funny. Do you want a fucking sticker/t-shirt/button/poster/burrito for every single comic? Jesus, you should all be bitch-slapped.
Sir, I believe there is a large zucchini growing in your pants.
Angry_Zucchini
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DavetheChimp on Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:22 am

*COUGH*

maybe one of each character saying some ridiculous line having nothing to do with their actually character or personality

Although i agree they're not the best of ideas, i have nothing better to suggest.
Still a Chimp
DavetheChimp
Junior Keenspotter

Postby YarnIsland on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:39 am

Hey Angry man, sorry to upset you.

First off, read the whole post before you start to rant on me, like Dave the Chimp pointed out, I said stickers w/ lines having nothing to do with the characters, so you very much proved my line of the 50 cent song having nothing to do with Gamal by saying yourself "How is Gamal 50 cent?"

secondly, I will be the first and last to admit those two lines are pretty damn stupid, but I will also be the first to tell you, I don't care what you think, I didn't join this forum to impress you, I could care less about your opinions, I joined her to chat with fellow Men in Hats fans.

thirdly, I don't ever remember suggesting to Aaron that he makes stickers, I said they would be nice, and then in the post after that I even mention making them myself, really you need to read the whole thread buddy.

fourthly, who are you trying to impress bringing me down like this? "every word I wrote hurts your brain to read?" Just who the hell are you to say something like that. Don't read it. It sickens me that you would take time out of your day just to try and make me feel stupid and like crap.

lastly- I am not a merch freak, so you can go to hell on that one. Just because a couple of seperate people all suggest some kind of merchandise doesn't mean you can combine them all as one and say we're all merch freaks. Hm, I think that's it, good luck with the whole being an ass thing though, it seems to be working out for you so far.

-Ryan
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby BiCoastal Kid on Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:30 pm

Aram- "The knowledge that you exist is a burden on my soul."
Gamal-"I like to think of it as "Reality+""
Beriah-"SCORE!"(from the "Mildly Retarded" comic)
Sam- "Love ain't sheap, buster."
Jeriah-"I think I'm having a nightmare. No wait, this is my actual life."
"One man's waste is another mans, err, soap."
BiCoastal Kid
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Psyonide on Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:33 pm

YarnIsland wrote:Hey Angry man, sorry to upset you.
fourthly, who are you trying to impress bringing me down like this? "every word I wrote hurts your brain to read?" Just who the hell are you to say something like that. Don't read it. It sickens me that you would take time out of your day just to try and make me feel stupid and like crap.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the friendly streets of the MiH forum.
Psyonide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ame no Neko on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:08 pm

Wow. This is a wonderful topic to view right after I join the forums. The love, kindness, and understandings here are so awe-inspiring that they make me want to cry and dance with absolute and pure joy.

...I just hijacked the topic more...oh well...
Ame no Neko
Junior Keenspotter

Postby BiCoastal Kid on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:13 pm

^As long as you don't fly it into something, I guess it's okay. :o
"One man's waste is another mans, err, soap."
BiCoastal Kid
Junior Keenspotter

Postby YarnIsland on Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:46 pm

Psyonide, thanks, I am having a great time watching people we don't know or care about try to impress other people they don't know or care about, man, what fun. At least not everyone here is a jerk, but as far as Angry man is concerned, well I just think he should keep it up, its people like him that make this all worth it, I mean, think about what he's doing, making empty threats, bantering on about little things, trying to act like a bad ass in front of us all, I LOVE IT. Where are you Angry_Zucchini, say some more stupid stuff about how cool you are and how everything you think we should think.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ame no Neko on Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Okay, I'll relate what I see going on here.

Some people discuss/suggest the possibility of having stickers of MiH. Some jerk comes along, basically calls them morons as if they'd said,

"LOLOLOLOL STEEKARZ 4 MEEN INN HATES!!!22123!23@@@211ONEONETWOTHREE I THINKZ TIZ WULD B KEWLK ZO PLZZZZ MEKES 1 4 MEE,"

and procedes to destroy the entire topic, causing a near-flamewar, all because he disagrees with them. Now..

Angry_Zuccini, I see absolutely no disadvantages at all to you putting politely that it would either not happen or be very, very unlikely to ever happen in the near future (or whatever you meant by your jumbled up insults), and that their ideas may not work. There is nothing wrong with stating what you think, but I believe that what you said was a *tiny* bit uncalled for. Because, you know, it's SO PLAIN to see the "DON'T SUGGEST MERCH IDEAS" blazing across the entire background of the forum. I mean, sure it doesn't EXIST, but surely they MUST see it anyway, right? Well, since they're too BLIND AND STUPID to see it, let's pull out the flamethrowers! Don't forget to add the complimentary pie to the face, while you're at it.

Frankly, I doubt anyone will ever even LISTEN to you (and I don't count ranting at you as listening) if you put things like that.

You appear to have absolutely no care in the world that you just took someone's ideas and basically said they were worse than goose crap. Half of me thinks you say things like that JUST to make a topic like this go from a straight line to a bunch of messed up crud, and that you enjoy having people freak out and start ranting at you.

In any case, it was stupid, myopic, and rude of you to say what you'd said.

I don't think I'll be posting again.
Ame no Neko
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Brady Kj on Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:15 pm

Hi, Ame. MiH attracts Aram-like individuals so there's a disproportionate number of them in its forums.
But, you're overracting right now, don't you think? It happens.

Anyway, about the stickers, it would be wisest to have something that has to do with the characters. Stickers with things like Aram saying "Keep on Truckin'" would not be understood by people who don't know about MiH. The last panel in that cartoon might work, though.
Barry Boson's life goal was to discover alien life forms... Until he had to share his apartment with one.

www.drunkduck.com/Zargaz_and_Barry/
Brady Kj
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Angry_Zucchini on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:33 pm

YarnIsland wrote:fourthly, who are you trying to impress bringing me down like this? "every word I wrote hurts your brain to read?" Just who the hell are you to say something like that. Don't read it. It sickens me that you would take time out of your day just to try and make me feel stupid and like crap.

Impress? Who the hell ever said I was trying to impress someone? Thats a touch naive. Waste my day? Jesus christ, the post took maybe 2 minutes to write. Its not like I sit alone in my basement, plotting out my next forum post. What are you, republican or something? I'm allowed to express my opinion - that being your ideas are retarded.

Ahh Neko, defender of those who can't coherently form their own. You're right, it was rude...Uhm, neat? What the hell does that prove? You can accurately recap my post, and analyze insults? Their was no secret objective to start some flame war, I just thought the sticker idea was stupid. Plain and simple. Well, I guess not that simple, as it seemed to confuse you. Nobody needs to listen to me, and I alreay know nobody will. But it is my right to put in my two cents.

BiCoastal - I like your ideas, they actually take into consideration each individual character. Well done, at least somebody can put some thought into their ideas.

Go shorty, its your birthday.
Angry_Zucchini
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:33 pm

YarnIsland wrote:Psyonide, thanks, I am having a great time watching people we don't know or care about try to impress other people they don't know or care about, man, what fun. At least not everyone here is a jerk, but as far as Angry man is concerned, well I just think he should keep it up, its people like him that make this all worth it, I mean, think about what he's doing, making empty threats, bantering on about little things, trying to act like a bad ass in front of us all, I LOVE IT. Where are you Angry_Zucchini, say some more stupid stuff about how cool you are and how everything you think we should think.

*is juggling chainsaws over a volcano*

I'm sorry, what?
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Angry_Zucchini on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:33 pm

Indeed..?
Last edited by Angry_Zucchini on Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angry_Zucchini
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:52 pm

Ame no Neko wrote:
"LOLOLOLOL STEEKARZ 4 MEEN INN HATES!!!22123!23@@@211ONEONETWOTHREE I THINKZ TIZ WULD B KEWLK ZO PLZZZZ MEKES 1 4 MEE,"

Okay, I won't want to be an asshole here who nitpicks on things that really make no difference, but I want to call attention to this.

Okay, everyone who decides to type like this in some sarcastic mockery, realize now that it doesn't work. You go overboard. I get to the second word and I realize that you do not know what you are talking about because you give a poor example. I know what you are getting at, but you make it hard for me to take you seriously. This really has no weight in the conversation going on now, but the next time you want to make a fake quote as if it is from someone who types improperly, don't go overboard and sink the entire effort.
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby YarnIsland on Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:30 pm

Heh, I dunno, I guess you're right. Your opinion is that my idea sucks, and its cool, I guess I just got aggrevated and wanted to argue, but I am done with it, I was wrong to try to argue, because it was pointless really.

but not everyone thinks my idea is stupid, which is good, I guess its cool to have some support, I really do need to work on the lines for other characters, those two I did were rather stupid, and I feel foolish for typing them.

As for the whole "Merch Freaks" comment, that'll be the only thing I disagree with, I feell that if someone wants to suggest something, or if someone just mentions something about merchandise, my opinion is that that is just fine, and you getting all worked up about it is kinda pointless. Hell, Aaron even mentioned in his latest speil about "Keep on Truckin'" stickers and how he takes all merchandise suggestions serious. So since it's his comic I feel that if he likes the suggestions, I think its cool if kids make more of them.

Other than that I am fine, sorry we had that little scuffle, although it was cool to get everyone involved in it, ha.
YarnIsland
Keenspot Despot

Postby Angry_Zucchini on Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:27 pm

You juggle chainsaws rather well Eventspire.. Even with those pesky volcanoes in your way. Can I have my I-Pod back now?
Angry_Zucchini
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WHAT on Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:43 am

I think the real question is do you deserve to have your I-pod returned.
WHAT
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EventSpire on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:32 am

Yes, yes! iPods for all, scoliosis for some!
EventSpire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Andrea Helena on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:10 am

Okay, honestly, what is all this hooplah over iPods? What exactly are they anyways? Should i want one? 'Cause i'm not sure that i do...if this is some type of inside joke then i'll probably feel lame by bringing this up, but still, it's legitimate...i think...anyways...just wondering...
Andrea Helena
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AndrewTaylor on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:19 am

There's no such thing. EventSpire made them up for a laugh a few months back -- see this post for more information.
Andrew | If you are not 100% irony-compliant, please disregard the above post.
AndrewTaylor
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Men In Hats