The 2005 Keenspot Panel: What do YOU want to see?

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

The 2005 Keenspot Panel: What do YOU want to see?

Postby jtdarlington on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:58 am

Like the subject says, folks: What do you want to see from this year's Keenspot panel? Give us your thoughts! There's some interesting ideas floating around with the Keenspotters right now, but we'd also like to hear what you, the readers, think about it. Post your serious suggestions here! (Okay, maybe some half-serious ones too. And maybe, just maybe, if you bribe the 800 lb. gorrila at the door, we'll let you get away with a few not really serious but wouldn't be totally bizarre ifs. But chain-smoking ferrets juggling flaming chainsaws are right out.)
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby LCARS on Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:53 pm

Have a Wacom tablet set up on a laptop (probably Gav's) so the keenspotters can do a "Live Sketch", where somebody in the audience would suggest an idea then he/she would draw it while being piped through the projector

When one keenspotter finishes, he/she passes to the next. This would go on throughout the panel.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tyler Martin on Sun May 01, 2005 10:47 pm

I'd like to see more skin.
Tyler Martin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aurora on Tue May 03, 2005 10:25 am

LCARS wrote:Have a Wacom tablet set up on a laptop (probably Gav's) so the keenspotters can do a "Live Sketch", where somebody in the audience would suggest an idea then he/she would draw it while being piped through the projector

When one keenspotter finishes, he/she passes to the next. This would go on throughout the panel.

That sounds like a great idea, actually. I'd love to see it.
Current avatar: Squirrel 'Rora, by Mari.
First runner-up - Ms. CRFH Contest 2004
2004 Boardie Awards: "Most Venerable Boardie", 2nd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Meeting in RL", and 3rd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Seeing On the Board"

Twin Skies!
Aurora
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lord Emsworth on Sat May 07, 2005 3:56 am

That's a bit like the "Quick Draw" panel, featuring cartoonists drawing suggestions from the moderator. It would be neat to see webtoonists take it on as well, but personally, I'd rather it just be a part of the panel (say, the second half hour) rather than the whole show.

I confess, due to so much other programming, I missed the last two Keen panels (or only caught bits). However, depending on who'se involved, I'd like to see some discussion, though I expect there would be anyway, on the gradual area of scholarship afforded webcomics (mostly through online zines like Comixpedia and Webcomics Examiner, but also seeping into print), on the increasing shift of print comics (Marvel, DC) to CD formats and whether that might continue to grow with webcomics as well (especially for those with bad connections, dial-up, etc. who want an easier way to access archives). I'm sure much of this is old hat, but still, repetition seldom hurts anything.

Of course, a brief musical sketch revue enacting various webcomics wouldn't hurt either (I've long wanted to see, and even toyed with writing, a BoxJam musical, say).
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ghoti-Heads on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:29 pm

More fun/silliness/entertainment, less "State of the Keenspot," please. I mean, I do like to know how Keen is doing, but I'd prefer it wasn't the majority of the panel. I'd rather have more Q&A or jello fights, or comic-jams, or something.
Ghoti-Heads
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DarkShive on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:41 pm

Ghoti-Heads wrote:More fun/silliness/entertainment, less "State of the Keenspot," please. I mean, I do like to know how Keen is doing, but I'd prefer it wasn't the majority of the panel. I'd rather have more Q&A or jello fights, or comic-jams, or something.

If you want more Q&As, have questions to ask the appearing artists. While it was amusing, it says something when the audience resorts to an "apples or oranges" questions as Rakuras did last year (and I'll never let him forget it, either ^_^)
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Ghoti-Heads on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:37 am

Hee. I would have asked more questions, but I didn't want to be rude. The old one-per-customer thing.
Ghoti-Heads
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DarkShive on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:38 am

Ghoti-Heads wrote:Hee. I would have asked more questions, but I didn't want to be rude. The old one-per-customer thing.

It's not rude if crickets are chirping.
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Postby Rakuras on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:12 am

Darkshive wrote:
Ghoti-Heads wrote:More fun/silliness/entertainment, less "State of the Keenspot," please. I mean, I do like to know how Keen is doing, but I'd prefer it wasn't the majority of the panel. I'd rather have more Q&A or jello fights, or comic-jams, or something.

If you want more Q&As, have questions to ask the appearing artists. While it was amusing, it says something when the audience resorts to an "apples or oranges" questions as Rakuras did last year (and I'll never let him forget it, either ^_^)

Well, I did come up with that one out of silliness, so I didn't have to resort to it :P Heh. And I'm glad to hear that it's been quoted again, and again, and again...

What I'd love to see is an active discussion and comparison of the comics by each artist/author present. What'd be amusing would be to see if they could discuss (with fan input) how each of their comics could cross-over with the others. I'm just thinking CRFH meets Sinfest for starters (not that they'll both be there...). That'd make a lot of people's brains hurt. Other than that, maybe some extra "bonus" bits for those present. Special info, *coughprizescough*, and maybe sacrificing an artist or two to Cthulhu. That'd be wonderful to see *grins evilly in due course*.

Whhooop. Divulging into insanity here... better go before I start unleashing minute pirate Barbie dolls of squirrely wrath +3 on everyone. Toodles!

I'm supposed to put something here?!!

"Rak: The mine detector. The one who discovers boundaries and limits the hard way, every time." - Gravelrash
Rakuras
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkShive on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20 am

Rakuras wrote:What I'd love to see is an active discussion and comparison of the comics by each artist/author present. What'd be amusing would be to see if they could discuss (with fan input) how each of their comics could cross-over with the others. I'm just thinking CRFH meets Sinfest for starters (not that they'll both be there...). That'd make a lot of people's brains hurt.

That's a great idea, actually. A discussion on how to have various keen comics crossover. It would be funny, promote bunches of comics, and Lord knows I have tons of stuff to talk about in regards to the mechanics of why a crossover would/wouldn't work. The mechanics of the complications regarding an EGS crossover with GPF could eat up at least five minutes just by virtue of getting into the different inter-dimensional systems and why the two comics can't take place in the same universe.
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Postby David_McGuire on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:07 pm

Lord Emsworth wrote:Of course, a brief musical sketch revue enacting various webcomics wouldn't hurt either (I've long wanted to see, and even toyed with writing, a BoxJam musical, say).
Oh, God no. D:
Image?
David_McGuire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dotty on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:51 pm

Chippendales dancers. :roll: :oops:

On the serious side, more Q&A would be nice. Especially A.
_.. ___ _ _ _.__
Maritza Campos: Don't be Margaret, Dotty. You're way better than her.
Dr. Jeff: Ya know, Dotty the Toweled One is not gonna like this.
Pseudonym: It's nice to finally meet the legendary Dotty. There were some doubts as to your existence.
Dotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Deiwos on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:35 am

LCARS wrote:Have a Wacom tablet set up on a laptop (probably Gav's) so the keenspotters can do a "Live Sketch", where somebody in the audience would suggest an idea then he/she would draw it while being piped through the projector

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this, but instead draw a character from the comic of the artist sitting next to them or something.
Deiwos
Newb pack, half bottle of immortaility infused water, instant gravy pack, emu, auto-cleaning label,
Ninja Tedd action figure, pinapple cheese, from Jasmine: Australian Style Hat that says, "Here, fishy fishy!",
a giant tub of chocolate, perma-melted, Chibi Jyrras Plushie from anti-paragon.

Current form: *Points at avatar* Jyrras Gianna

anthro-kangarro rat.. FTW -Alavaria
Moderator Powers Activate! Form of Thread Lock! -Berk
If you waste all your water, then you deserve to go thirsty. -sven8705

It's OK to be a little scared of the outside world... -Dan
Final warning... -Abel
But don't you worry widdle Abel-Wable... I'll protect you from all the mean old mall ladies! -Dan
... OK now I got to kill you. -Abel

From DMFA
Deiwos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dotty on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:30 pm

Behold!
_.. ___ _ _ _.__
Maritza Campos: Don't be Margaret, Dotty. You're way better than her.
Dr. Jeff: Ya know, Dotty the Toweled One is not gonna like this.
Pseudonym: It's nice to finally meet the legendary Dotty. There were some doubts as to your existence.
Dotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jtdarlington on Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:50 am

Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Stuff up Paying Telegram Bills

Postby LiveHDTVs on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am

In today’s rocky commercial mood, most households are cutting rear wherever they can. And with chain and satellite television costing anywhere from $65- $150 a month (more if you calculate premium movie channels) many people are making their idiot box sets the first place usually of their homes to reach the axe. But what if there was a way to relish in thousands of telly channels, including hard to spot supranational shows and sports programming, and never pay another monthly radio neb again?

Welcome to Satellite Direct- the later of television.

watch vampire diaries online and big bang theory watch online

With no payment services or monthly bills, no armaments to put, and 24/7 full access, is it any awe that Internet Media Arsenal hailed Follower Focus as “unequivocally the best TV to PC software on the net”? Don’t be fooled nigh other so called “Great Deals” on attendant tube use for your PC that present you not small access to channels, or be struck by dozens of hidden fees that end up costing you more than your going round radio service.

For the benefit of less than the toll of united month’s price line or acolyte service, you can charge out of a lifetime of television- over 3,500 channels!- from the convenience of your laptop or desktop. And thoughts the hassles of waiting on account of solemnization, or hours on imprison with the rope company. Installing Dependant Direct is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Roll - Answer a two unsophisticated questions, and our serene registration system will answer your THE SAME EVERY SO OFTEN payment. That’s right, no monthly bills- ever.

2. Download - Follow the amiable, on screen instructions to download our software. No hardware to put, no appurtenances to buy.

3. Lookout and Enjoy - Meet back and delight in thousands of tube channels, from soaps and sports to movies and dramas, any immediately, day or night.

With crystal shining show and sound nobility, superior person service, and a lifetime of television exchange for less than you’d benefit into honourable a man month of rope air force, Aide-de-camp Head up is the first character to ascend d create the most since your TV dollar.
LiveHDTVs
Junior Keenspotter

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)