Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Postby DarkShive on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:44 pm

I think I refused to eat the Doritos... I thought there origin was initially unknown? I don't think Troutman's involvement would have been enough for me to say "NEIN!" to Doritos o_O
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby LCARS on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:36 pm

I think I pretty much ate them all.

There was some snickering when I was doing so, I informed them that Doritos of any freshness only make me stronger. Then I melted them with my laser eyes.

It was crazy as hell.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Fletcher on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:29 pm

This explains so much.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't ignite the Doritos like all other unwanted food that weekend, though.
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LCARS on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:12 pm

Fletcher wrote:This explains so much.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't ignite the Doritos like all other unwanted food that weekend, though.

HAHAHAHA. I completely forgot about the Hellmuffin.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Fletcher on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 pm

I haven't... but I can no longer go to Seaport Village. Friggin' security and prior criminal record.
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aurora on Tue May 03, 2005 10:21 am

Darkshive wrote:I think I refused to eat the Doritos... I thought there origin was initially unknown? I don't think Troutman's involvement would have been enough for me to say "NEIN!" to Doritos o_O

At first, we didn't know. Then we were enlightened by...someone. Don't remember who.

LCARS wrote:

I didn't. God, that was fun. And strangely satisfying. If we ever want to return to that place, it'll need to be in disguise. hehe.

I DID almost forget about Roscoe's disposal of unwanted booze, though. He dumped it into the fire at Aeire's place. Nearly set the overhead tree limbs on fire. *giggles*
Current avatar: Squirrel 'Rora, by Mari.
First runner-up - Ms. CRFH Contest 2004
2004 Boardie Awards: "Most Venerable Boardie", 2nd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Meeting in RL", and 3rd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Seeing On the Board"

Twin Skies!
Aurora
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lord Emsworth on Sat May 07, 2005 4:03 am

I've fallen out of the Keen community in recent years, due to personal issues, browser issues, etc. However, I will be attending (my fourth year).

I'm not sure I fallow how the booth "squatting" works (without being reprimanded by con security), but let me know if there's room for an itenerant balloon sculptor to vend his wares. I've worked on assorted Keen characters: I can do a great BoxJam, a nice Butch from Chopping Block, a decent Argus from Greystone Inn (or could, I need to take another look at the pattern), a passable Boardy, and am *trying* to figure out how to do Werecoyote Roger ('taint easy.)
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aurora on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:17 am

Lord Emsworth wrote:I'm not sure I fallow how the booth "squatting" works (without being reprimanded by con security), but let me know if there's room for an itenerant balloon sculptor to vend his wares. I've worked on assorted Keen characters: I can do a great BoxJam, a nice Butch from Chopping Block, a decent Argus from Greystone Inn (or could, I need to take another look at the pattern), a passable Boardy, and am *trying* to figure out how to do Werecoyote Roger ('taint easy.)

We were just lucky enough that the Keenbooth neighbors left a day early. Probably won't happen again. Most booths are used until the end. Con security never said a word if they even noticed, that is. They're usually busy monitoring the doors.

Werecoyote Roger would be an awesome balloon sculpture. ^_^ Take pics for the Boardies if you ever do it!

Too bad I won't be there to meet you. I'll be hosting the CRFH BoardieCon in July, not to mention I'm broke from getting married. Kinda rules out a Con trip for now. :-?
Current avatar: Squirrel 'Rora, by Mari.
First runner-up - Ms. CRFH Contest 2004
2004 Boardie Awards: "Most Venerable Boardie", 2nd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Meeting in RL", and 3rd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Seeing On the Board"

Twin Skies!
Aurora
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Rakuras on Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:35 pm

LCARS wrote:

*cackles evilly*

Well, as always with every place I go, I shall be over prepared and carting about many spare things, usually food. So, if anyone sees me and are snackish/hungry, just ask. I'll usually be carrying about what I don't usually eat from the garage anyways... mostly trail bars, crackers, etc.

Also, many of you who saw me last year shall be shocked at a recent development atop my head. Other than that, I'm the tall blonde haired kid that'll be wandering by the Keep booth every hour or so checking up on Dan (Can I have a hug this year? kthxbia!) and looking for people. It's also a kind of meeting spot for most people that dart about these boards, obviously.

So, shall we have a repeat of the Hellmuffin this year? I'll bring the light fluid! And the mini fire extringuisher of course. Wait, better yet, why don't we have an after-Con Keen Bonfire or something? Or just a random night Bonfire. It's the good of San Diego teen-ery at its finest I tell you. Friends, fire, blankets, sea breeze, food, and, of course for 21+, booze. But that's another matter entirely (especially with Roscoe ._.;; ).

So, let's bounce some ideas of to do after/during Con here so we can at least keep the artists and the usuals alive in the head this year. In similiar regard: who's willing to pay me to dress up like a japanese school girl?

I'm supposed to put something here?!!

"Rak: The mine detector. The one who discovers boundaries and limits the hard way, every time." - Gravelrash
Rakuras
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkShive on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:02 pm

Rakuras wrote:who's willing to pay me to dress up like a japanese school girl?

Please don't :o
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Ghoti-Heads on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:42 pm

That sounds like fun.

Schoolgirl-outfits not included, for the love of god.
Ghoti-Heads
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)