Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:05 pm

I hoping to go this year so has the news group and what have you been fired up yet?
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:15 pm

Hello?
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dotty on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Rakuras and I preregistered. I'm afraid Maritza can't make it this year, but maybe Pete will (even though he isn't Keen.)
_.. ___ _ _ _.__
Maritza Campos: Don't be Margaret, Dotty. You're way better than her.
Dr. Jeff: Ya know, Dotty the Toweled One is not gonna like this.
Pseudonym: It's nice to finally meet the legendary Dotty. There were some doubts as to your existence.
Dotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Fletcher on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:52 am

There are a few people with tickets already. As to cartoonists coming... I have all of no idea yet.
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Alan Foreman on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:08 am

Well a lot of the Keenspot crew are planning on going, I'm just wondering if the orginisation in a newsgroup like a few years back was up and running yet.

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fletcher on Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:20 pm

If you mean the usual CRFH tradition of keeping track of the fans showing up, give us a month or two.

Otherwise, I have NO IDEA what you mean.
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Rakuras on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm

Why is it that I am meantioned without notice all the time?

Heh, hi there Mr. Foreman . Err... pardon the lack of familiarity, kinda new to the Keenspot bit... eheh. I'm sure that a list of the fans will eventually be produced and also that word will spread quickly if someone posts which artists are planning on going (the sooner the better) as that will draw fans to actually go this time. Maybe something posted on the Keenspot main page for those that don't frequent the forums or are just readers... or maybe even a bi monthly KeenNewsBox thing to inform those that just check the comics. Get the word out there some how, is all I'm trying to... ehh... force down your throats. *shrugs*

It's probably be a good idea to start with a KeenCon V forum, then KeenNewsBox/Mainpage stuff and a list of who's going and not. And as I'm not someone in charge, let alone have access to the main pages for coding and such, I'm guessing this means Gav or someone needs to pencil this out. Ugh... now I'm just running around and falling off your direct question.

I'm not quite sure that there is an official news group anymore unless it's hushed. Being new, I'm kinda in the dark about it but I didn't see anything that you may be refering to in recent times. So, I guess that they've either dissolved or fractured. Either way, get someone to get a list of the artists going and plan to make this easy to find public info for the fans. Well, thanks for listening to me run my mouth- err, fingers to death. Toodles.

I'm supposed to put something here?!!

"Rak: The mine detector. The one who discovers boundaries and limits the hard way, every time." - Gravelrash
Rakuras
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aurora on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:42 pm

I won't be making it this year, but I'm sending the official "CRFH!!! Flop House '04" booth sign from last year. Hopefully it can make an appearance at some random abandoned booth near you!

Have fun, boys and girls.
Current avatar: Squirrel 'Rora, by Mari.
First runner-up - Ms. CRFH Contest 2004
2004 Boardie Awards: "Most Venerable Boardie", 2nd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Meeting in RL", and 3rd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Seeing On the Board"

Twin Skies!
Aurora
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby DarkShive on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:54 pm

I'll be at the con again this year. I'll actually be within walking distance this time so going back to the hotel won't necessarily mean the end of my day at the con. Yay!
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby LCARS on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:04 pm

I'll be going this year.

I also have reserved a room at the Hampton Inn Downtown that can fit 5. So far me and another boardie Starlock (and one companion) are the only confirmed, so 3 more spots are open. If anybody needs a place to stay, PM me.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LCARS on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:24 pm

Oh, also:

The hotel is $143.10 per night. It is 1 block away from the Little Italy trolly stop. I have it reserved for the nights of the 13th-17th (so preview night is covered) with checkout on the 18th. It is co-ed.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pupkin on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:49 pm

Will you be driving or flying? I'll probably be living in Denver at the time, and I'm probably going to the Con, so I'm just wondering.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkShive on Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:11 pm

Pupkin wrote:Will you be driving or flying? I'll probably be living in Denver at the time, and I'm probably going to the Con, so I'm just wondering.

I've never met you before, but I have read Superosity. Please don't hurt me if and when we meet :o
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Pupkin on Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:52 pm

Darkshive wrote:I've never met you before, but . . .

"I've never met you, but . . . yes."

--Darryl Strawberry on "The Simpsons"
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LCARS on Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:57 pm

I'll be driving then ditching the car at a relative's outside of the city. Just as long as you're willing to share in gas/uber cheap Jean, NV hotel expenses then you're welcome to tag along.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pupkin on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:54 pm

Thanks for the offer (I assumed you were a Pupkin/Bobby Crosby hater). I probably won't be taking you up on it -- I was really just wondering what your plan was for going there, since we'd be leaving from a similar location and I was planning on driving but considering flying. If I drove I'd want to take my own car. Are you ditching the car to avoid hotel parking fees? If so, do you know how much those are?
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LCARS on Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:21 pm

Pupkin wrote:Thanks for the offer (I assumed you were a Pupkin/Bobby Crosby hater).

Nah.

Are you ditching the car to avoid hotel parking fees? If so, do you know how much those are?

About $20 a night depending on where you stay.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pupkin on Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:34 pm

LCARS wrote:
Pupkin wrote:Thanks for the offer (I assumed you were a Pupkin/Bobby Crosby hater).

Nah.

Well I was judging by when you said this a few days ago: "And when you think about it. Being hated by Bobby means you're doing something right."

Anyway.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Flatwood on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 am

Will you all be at a table together or at separate booth?
Just curious.
Flatwood
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Dotty on Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:33 am

Keenspot and Keenspace usually share a booth. And when the people from the booth adjacent leave, CRFH!!! boardies "acquire" a booth, hence the CRFH!!! Flop House '04 sign.

We charge $2 for each sketch, give out free stuff nobody wants, and rent out space on the booth floor for those who need a quick nap. Sleeping under the table costs more than sleeping in the rest of the booth area. Ask Fletcher for specific rates.
_.. ___ _ _ _.__
Maritza Campos: Don't be Margaret, Dotty. You're way better than her.
Dr. Jeff: Ya know, Dotty the Toweled One is not gonna like this.
Pseudonym: It's nice to finally meet the legendary Dotty. There were some doubts as to your existence.
Dotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LCARS on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:06 pm

Don't forget the stale Doritos. Those are free.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Fletcher on Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:31 am

...and I think they were Troutman's, upon further reflection.
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Khazan on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Ahh, if only I weren't a poor college student living on the other side of the country...It would be a real trip being able to meet the authors of some of my favorite comics.
-Insert witty quote or catch phrase here-
Khazan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Aurora on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:57 pm

Fletcher wrote:...and I think they were Troutman's, upon further reflection.

Yes, they were Troutman's stale Doritos. We should have taken them and auctioned them on eBay. ;)
Current avatar: Squirrel 'Rora, by Mari.
First runner-up - Ms. CRFH Contest 2004
2004 Boardie Awards: "Most Venerable Boardie", 2nd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Meeting in RL", and 3rd in "Boardie You Most Look Forward to Seeing On the Board"

Twin Skies!
Aurora
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Fletcher on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:25 pm

Are you kidding? If we'd revealed beforehand that Troutman had touched 'em, they'd have avoided them for the low, low price of free we gave them away at...

(note to the humor impaired: sarcasm is in use)
Fletcher
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)