Stuff to do BEYOND the convention

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Postby -PDI- on Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:49 pm

Quoth Aeire:

As per usual, our household will be having a Con party this year. However, we're going to have it on Thursday night instead of the usual Friday or Saturday. I'll be printing out directions to our house from the convention center and I'll have those with me on Wednesday and Thursday - anyone and everyone is welcome. It's gonna be a bring-your-own-alcohol event, and I think we'll probably end up ordering pizzas or something for food - the Little Cesear's just down the street from here has a special where you can get a large pepperoni pizza for $5 - no limit on how many you can order. So we'll probably take up donations towards that and order a mess of them. There's a liquor store not too far from here that has a limited selection, and some other liquor stores nearby with a larger selection of stuff.

We don't really need RSVP's or anything, and it usually starts...er...well, whenever people show up - usually 6 or 7, I think? Something like that. Y'all are more than welcome to attend.
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby gwalla on Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:55 pm

Darkshive wrote:
gwalla wrote:Between the Con and getting piss-drunk at the Keener parties, will you have time to do anything else?

I have yet to be invited to any parties, which isn't that surprising given that I'll be meeting everyone I see there for the first time in person. Not that I'd get piss-drunk in any case; I don't drink alcohol. *thunder-clap as Gav's eyes suddenly glow blood-red* Meep?

As this is my first time at a convention like this, I have no idea how much time I'll spend at the convention itself, or how easy it is to meet people to hang out with afterwards.

If it's anything like the last couple of years, the Haven House party is an open invitation for any webcartoonist who wants to come. Good times will be had by all.

*looks at Scott's post*

Um...yeah! :D

Also, if you really don't want to drink alcohol there, I suggest consuming nothing at the party. You never know what seemingly innocuous beverage or frozen item is concealing a few quarts of 151. ;)
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby -PDI- on Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:02 am

You can ask -- we don't intentionally ambush people.
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:58 pm

Darkshive wrote:I don't drink alcohol. *thunder-clap as Gav's eyes suddenly glow blood-red* Meep?

Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby DarkShive on Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:23 pm

Gav wrote:Image

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *runs*
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby nightshadow on Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:34 pm

[shadow the hedgehog,
no, wait this isn't moperville rp. never mind]
there is NO way you can get that much redeye.
:-?
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)