Keenspacers at the Keenspot Booth?

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Keenspacers at the Keenspot Booth?

Postby Dennis K on Thu May 15, 2003 10:14 am

Not much has been said about this so I figured I'd ask.

Last year Keenspot was gracious enough to set aside a table for any keenspace artists to sit at and sign copies of the Keenspace Spotlight 2002 if they helped pay for the booth. This was mighty cool of them and I'll say thank you again for it.

Now there were a lot of problems caused by us. Mainly people sitting at the booth when they weren't scheduled too, people sitting at the booth that hadn't paid to be there, and the whole lot of us hanging out in front of the booth blocking it from con-goers. There was much discussion about this after the con and I believe most of us understand what mistakes were made.

So simply put: Will Keenspot be allowing us Keenspace folk to purchase time at the Keenspot booth at con like last year?

I apologize if this has already been adressed but I have not heard anything about it one way or the other.
Dennis K
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu May 15, 2003 5:35 pm

Isn't there going to be a KeenSPACE booth this year? Anyway I'll bite any freeloaders that come near the Sopt booth! GRRR!
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dennis K on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:30 am

Okay... No solid reply yet... anyone know? anybody? yes, no maybe, undecided?
Dennis K
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby elvengrrl on Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:01 am

i was just thinking about this as well...
elvengrrl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Teri Crosby on Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:38 am

Hi Dennis,

I rarely have time to go to the forums, so I didn't see your post. I'm glad you're emailing me about it, though, because it is something we've been thinking about and trying to decide what to do.

This year will be a little different than last year because we purchased only one corner booth (rather than the two-booth endcap we purchased last year), so space will be even more limited than before. I think the solution, though, is to again sell booth time for $25 a seat. That way, those who have pages in the Keenspace.com FCBD book will be able to spend time in the booth, signing their books. But this time it will be limited to only one Keenspace cartoonist at a time.

I'm cc'ing this email to the Keenspacebook@yahoogroups.com list so this discussion can get started. So if anyone would like to spend time in the booth, please reply with the following info:

1. Your name
2. Your email address
3. The name of your strip
4. The URL of your site
5. Your page number(s) in Keenspace.com 2003 FCBD book
5. Your preferences (if any) as to when you'd like to be in the booth

As usual, you can pay by PayPal to keenspot@keenspot.com or you can send a check or money order to Keenspot, P.O. Box 1525, Temple City, CA 91780.

If anyone has any questions or anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks. :-)

Smiles,
Teri
Teri Crosby
KeenMom

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)