Are you going to KeenCon III?

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Postby gwalla on Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:13 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:If I can organize my fellow Fans into the car then we'll all be there.

If not, I'll have fun on the Greyhound!

Greyhound...ewwww...
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby EteRock on Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:30 am

Alan Foreman wrote:
EteRock wrote:Well I just ordered my plain ticket and pre-registered so I'm going.

Wow, you're comming to the con on a woodworking tool? Neat!

My plain ticket. You know, no fancy words or font or colors or images. No silver ink on gold paper. Nothing like that.
As deadly as a cobra and three times as crazy and nine times as dumb

Meatwad: Please, do not insult what little intelligence I have.
EteRock
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby wrightc on Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:50 am

I'd really like to come to one of these things. Maybe this year. Dunno. If I can figure out how to get through the airport security without being arrested, and make through a plane trip without contracting SARS... maybe I'll go Greyhound, leave the driving to them. New York to California, that's what... a week by bus? :)
Christopher B. Wright (wrightc@ubersoft.net)
The Internet's Most Dangerous Cartoonist
Help Desk: http://www.ubersoft.net
wrightc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:52 am

Probably, like four or five days to get that far. It took me 3 and 1/2 to get to Ohio from Portland.

The main thing Greyhound has in its favor other than cheapness is that you can sleep on the bus and don'thave to pay for motels (like you would if you drove).
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby gwalla on Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:13 pm

wrightc wrote:I'd really like to come to one of these things. Maybe this year. Dunno. If I can figure out how to get through the airport security without being arrested, and make through a plane trip without contracting SARS... maybe I'll go Greyhound, leave the driving to them. New York to California, that's what... a week by bus? :)

I'd recommend Amtrak instead. There is service from New York to San Diego (with 2 changes of train: one at Chicago, and the other at LA). Probably more expensive than Greyhound, but also a hell of a lot more comfortable (the Chicago-LA train is a sleeper, so you'd get to sleep lying down instead of half-upright like you would on the bus).
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:47 am

gwalla wrote:I'd recommend Amtrak instead. There is service from New York to San Diego (with 2 changes of train: one at Chicago, and the other at LA). Probably more expensive than Greyhound, but also a hell of a lot more comfortable (the Chicago-LA train is a sleeper, so you'd get to sleep lying down instead of half-upright like you would on the bus).

Very true, just make sure to RESERVE a bed in the sleeping car if you take Amtrak, otherwise you'll just sleep with a little more legroom.

All my friends are bumming me out. They're all "We can't get paid vacation!" and "I only have 1000 dollars saved but if she doesn't go I'm not going." and "We can just go camping if it doesn't work out."

Shya right!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dennis K on Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:21 pm

I switched jobs in January, and at my current job I can't get paid vacation.

SO WHAT?

It's Wednesday through Sunday. Tell your friends to Work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday one week, then Tuesday through Saturday the next. BAM! they get a paycheck.
Dennis K
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:05 am

Dennis K wrote:I switched jobs in January, and at my current job I can't get paid vacation.

SO WHAT?

It's Wednesday through Sunday. Tell your friends to Work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday one week, then Tuesday through Saturday the next. BAM! they get a paycheck.

I'm totally with you Dennis! I don't know what's with these guys! One's neurotic, one's a sad realist and the other is a sheep. I was hoping the sheep'd come with me but Nooooo! He's pining for the neurotic.......... *shrug* I will not let my friends slow me down!
Ain't nothing gonna break-a my stride!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBryy on Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:23 pm

Ergh... money problems quickly turn Bryy into a hobo....
if I have enough saved, I'll probably come. I hope to.
Freaking no money.....
http://leftyfilms.com - i tend to make films with a camera.
DarkBryy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:18 am

Well, I've booked my flights ad applyed for a passport...

Looks like I'll be terrorizing you all soon enough!
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby gwalla on Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:00 pm

Alan Foreman wrote:Looks like I'll be terrorizing you all soon enough!

If the current administration gets wind that you wrote this, they probably won't let you into the country. :roll:
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Postby BabyJ on Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:08 pm

Al, please prove you do not have weapons of mass destruction. :wink:
BabyJ
Keenspot Juggernaut

San Diego, here we come!

Postby Lord Emsworth on Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:44 pm

Well, though I've largely fallen out of the online comic message board scene, mostly due to health and an extremely hectic schedule, I will be attending Comic-Con for all four days this year, and hopefully meet a few fellow Keen readers as well as favorite artistes (also looks as if I should be presenting my paper on "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Literature and Pop Culture in the Victorian Age" as part of the Comic Arts Conference.)
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Greco on Sat May 17, 2003 9:03 pm

NotoriousMEQ wrote:We are all damn sexy.

also: Damonk and I HOPE to make it there. We need donations, though! It's tough to travel across the country when you've just gotten married AND gone through US/Canada visa hell!

I hope you guys make it again, meeting you last year, and just seeing the sheer cuteness of you two was awesome. Truly the sweethearts of the online comic world :lol:

I hope to be attending this year, and might try and mooch off all the 'spacers again... the PDI party was 8)
.:victims of the system:www.votscomic.com:
Greco
Keenspotter Supreme

HOTEL

Postby War Journalist on Sun May 25, 2003 5:17 pm

Whats a good Hotel to stay at in SD? Price and location wise.
Get the shot at all cost!
From the PoP Shot to the Money Shot, you have to keep the camera rolling at all times!!!!

http://www.theinkproject.com
War Journalist
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby macclint on Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:28 pm

Look like I'll make it after all!

(sound of crickets chirping) :-?
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby STrRedWolf on Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:19 pm

I will *NOT* be at KeenCon.

If you want to yell at me, I will be floating around at <a href="http://www.anthrocon.org>Anthrocon</a> in Philadelpha, as well as trying to make a presentation there on how to cartoon with little or no cash.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis (Mallet Swinging Penguin Wrangler at Large)
Artist, Stalag '99 (Canmephians. 'nuff said.)
Free malleting for posting CG questions on 'Spot forums! Ask them on ours instead.
... and 12 feet of tail.
STrRedWolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Limax on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:38 am

It's not in the budget for me this year, so I will (sadly) have to miss.
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jtdarlington on Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:26 am

No Comic-Con for me this year either, mostly for financial reasons. However, for you East Coast folks, I'll be at Dragon*Con August 29 through September 1. I might hit a few smaller NC cons between now and then. As always, you can check the GPF Shows & Cons page for all the details on where I will and will not be.
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Our fans and readers are the GREATEST!

Postby damonk13 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:52 pm

Greco wrote:I hope you guys make it again, meeting you last year, and just seeing the sheer cuteness of you two was awesome. Truly the sweethearts of the online comic world :lol:

I hope to be attending this year, and might try and mooch off all the 'spacers again... the PDI party was 8)

Well, thanks to the incredible generosity of our readers and fans (they raised $700 for us! And we didn't even START the donation fund!), we now have enough money to pay for our tickets and hotel -- and since I have Pro status again, we don't need to pay fees, either.

Therefore, yeah, it looks like my wife and I are going to be going to the CC in SD again this year. Which is good, since we haven't seen each other now since January, and GOD, but I miss her. :o

So Greco, we should see you again this year, along with all the other fun people we met these last two years. But you'll forgive my wife and I if we disappear on occasion to, umm... "catch up on things?" :D
damonk13
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Previous

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)