Melonpool/Jalea Bates party at Redfish 8/1/02

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Melonpool/Jalea Bates party at Redfish 8/1/02

Postby Melonpool on Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:27 pm

Just an early announcement for those of you who will be attending the 2002 SD Comic Convention:

The Jalea Bates CD RELEASE SHOW
Starring: Julie Eisenhower (the voice of Jalea Bates)

THURSDAY, August 1st (the first day of the con)
from 7pm to 9pm (immediately following the con)

at the REDFISH RESTAURANT - SAN DIEGO
731 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101

Everyone is invited to join us for a special one-night-only LIVE performance of Jalea Bates, along with Erik Przytulski and other surprise guests. More details will come as preparations for the Comicon continue to be made... we'll keep you posted!

Yes, the puppets will finally be performed in front of a live audience!

Steve
Melonpool
Keenspot Despot

Postby LCARS on Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:49 pm

What is the Red Fish exactly? If I decide to go, will I have to make a reservation?

I want to go really, really bad... but after rolling in from a 1,000 mile drive, I may not want to go to a lot of trouble to have human contact and see a puppet show. ;)
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jtdarlington on Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:15 am

From the JunglePort San Diego City Safari:

Redfish Cajun Grille
731 Fifth Ave (upstairs)
San Diego, CA 92101
619-234-7226

Cuisines: Bars, Cafe-Bars
Area: Downtown-Centre City
Hours: 11:30am-midnight Mon-Thur; 11:30-2am Fri; noon-2am Sat; noon-midnight Sun

Look up to the sky and see Redfish reigning over the block. Creative Cajun cookery and blues music combine here to make magic.

The Voodoo Lounge offers blues, jazz, Zydeco and Cajun music to an enthusiastic crowd.

The menu changes seasonally. Summer 2000 offerings include a pecan-crusted redfish, a barbecue mixed grill featuring various meats prepared in a barbeque sauce based on the sweet Southern Comfort liqueur ($19) and chile-rubbed pork chops.

Craving fried green tomatoes? Order then as an appetizer along with a buttermilk dipping sauce ($1.99 during happy hour; $3.95 at lunch; $4.95 at dinner). Alligator Bites ($7.95 all the time) in a rich, traditional don't-ask-about-cholesterol remoulade sauce are another succulent starter.

Need some magic? Try the Voodoo Chicken Salad ($5.95 lunch; $8.95 dinner) & mixed greens tossed with a spicy Creole vinaigrette, then adorned with grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, artichoke hearts, black olives, pecans and Asiago cheese.

Top it all off with a slice of Pecan Pie ($4.95 all the time).
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby macclint on Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:39 am

Jeff Darlington.

Is there anything he doesn't know?

I thought not. :P
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby LCARS on Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:47 pm

jtdarlington wrote:From the JunglePort San Diego City Safari:

Redfish Cajun Grille
731 Fifth Ave (upstairs)
San Diego, CA 92101
619-234-7226

Cuisines: Bars, Cafe-Bars
Area: Downtown-Centre City
Hours: 11:30am-midnight Mon-Thur; 11:30-2am Fri; noon-2am Sat; noon-midnight Sun

Look up to the sky and see Redfish reigning over the block. Creative Cajun cookery and blues music combine here to make magic.

The Voodoo Lounge offers blues, jazz, Zydeco and Cajun music to an enthusiastic crowd.

The menu changes seasonally. Summer 2000 offerings include a pecan-crusted redfish, a barbecue mixed grill featuring various meats prepared in a barbeque sauce based on the sweet Southern Comfort liqueur ($19) and chile-rubbed pork chops.

Craving fried green tomatoes? Order then as an appetizer along with a buttermilk dipping sauce ($1.99 during happy hour; $3.95 at lunch; $4.95 at dinner). Alligator Bites ($7.95 all the time) in a rich, traditional don't-ask-about-cholesterol remoulade sauce are another succulent starter.

Need some magic? Try the Voodoo Chicken Salad ($5.95 lunch; $8.95 dinner) & mixed greens tossed with a spicy Creole vinaigrette, then adorned with grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, artichoke hearts, black olives, pecans and Asiago cheese.

Top it all off with a slice of Pecan Pie ($4.95 all the time).

Wow...that...answers so little.

So it's like a trendy themed restaurant? A bar and grill? or standard restaurant environment?
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Melonpool on Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:13 pm

As far as I know, it's a bar and grill.

Steve
Melonpool
Keenspot Despot

Postby -PDI- on Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:43 pm

It's a cajun-themed restaurant ...

Keenspacers have a reservation for 40 that night... I guess that means we get entertainment? I hope our dinner reservations won't conflict with your event...

It's good eatin' though...
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aeire on Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:46 pm

Melonpool wrote:As far as I know, it's a bar and grill.

Steve

It's a bar/grill/restaurant with Cajun food - but for those that don't like the spicy, there's also a selection of burgers and stuff that are really good. They've got pool tables and a small bar, and an outdoor patio.

What's funny is that we've got a reservation for the entirety of the Keenspace crew on Thursday night. Guess we get some entertainment! *giggle* That oughta be fun...

And it's a reservation for 50 at this point. However, if any Keenspotters want to join us, I've heard they can fit over 100 on the patio - I just gotta call 'em. *g*
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)