Merchandise suggestions?

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Merchandise suggestions?

Postby macclint on Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:51 am

If you're going to San Diego, what sort of stuff would you like to see at the Keenspot booth? (Besides nude cartoonists)

I'm only planning on taking some original art myself, but some are talking tshirts and buttons and such.
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby Maritza Campos on Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:14 pm

T-shirts, CRFH #3 mostly, some #2 and #1, some CDs.

Been thinking about posters but I'm still not sure.
Maritza Campos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby -PDI- on Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:40 am

Well, there's the 'Space comic, of course -- I intend to get some swag to give out -- there's a place near my work that prints promotional materials (mugs, pens, etc) and I'm considering getting some silly giveaway thing -- lighters, or fisbees...

Plus I'll be selling CDR disks.
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby CaptainMooki on Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:16 pm

People largly underestimate the merit of swag frisbees. I have long since forgotten company matchboxes, thrown out special print candy wrapers, and shoved even the most whimsical coffee mugs into the back of my cubbord, but I still have my Galaxy Quest and Xbox: Munches Oddesy frisbees on my shelf for decoration and in case of instant boredom. The beauty of the frisbee is in it's simplicity. You just throw it and enjoy. Easier to use than Shake-N-Bake. And in case you don't like frisbees, you can always use them as coasters.

Other than that, if you need something quick to hand out, just take a pad of post-it notes and do little quick sketches for folks.
CaptainMooki
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Greg Dean on Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:39 pm

I'm taking 15 T-Shirts to sell, as well as 1 poster for display (if i get the design finished tonight...blargh...) and the little Greg plushie prototype to show people (unless we miraculously get the shipment in before the con).
Greg Dean
Cartoonist, <B>Real Life</B>
reallifecomics.com
Greg Dean
Junior Keenspotter

Postby jtdarlington on Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:28 am

GPF books will be available from the Plan Nine booth, as well as the Bastard Operator from Hell book I illustrated. At the Keenspot booth, we'll be selling the brand new L33T: Comics for Gamers #4 comic book, which features a three-page GPF story and a GPF-themed cover. While we won't have the Fred plush dolls in time for the con, hopefully Keenspot will be taking pre-orders for them. (I'll have the first prototype at the Keen booth.) I'll have a special surprise gift for Faulties who purchase select items from either booth. As always, I'll have my sketchbook and will happily sign any GPF items purchased or brought from home.

At this point, we will NOT be selling any GPF T-shirts this year. If you would like me to sign a shirt, you'll have to order one through the GPF Store and have it rush-shipped to you so you can have it in time for the con. Then, just bring it in and I'll happily sign it. We might bring the old gray Fred "Get Cultured" shirts like last year, but since they never sell well, odds are we'll save space in our luggage if we don't.

For more info on GPF merchandise at Comic-Con, please see the GPF Comic-Con 2002 Preview Report. You'll find lots of other Keenspot, Plan Nine, and Comic-Con information there as well.
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby drew corby on Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:25 pm

And this is when I pull my hair out wishing I were going to Comic-Con this year..... But, hey! I'll be ther next year! Hurrah!
drew corby

Postby josh l. on Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:46 pm

The complete 108-page Cutewendy collection will be on sale there.
At long last, Cutewendy can now be read while shaving.
josh l.
Keenspot Despot

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)