Flake's...

Discuss "KeenCon X", our tenth annual Comic-Con appearance! It's July 21-25, 2010 at Comic-Con International: San Diego (www.comic-con.org).

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Flake's...

Postby LCARS on Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:16 pm

Hey, Gav. How do you get to Blake's from San Fransisco? I found it by shear dumb luck and a clock tower last time.

I don't wanna have to bust out the Nukees book and start yelling at local freashmen again. :D
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Flake's...

Postby gwalla on Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:38 pm

LCARS wrote:Hey, Gav. How do you get to Blake's from San Fransisco? I found it by shear dumb luck and a clock tower last time.

I don't wanna have to bust out the Nukees book and start yelling at local freashmen again. :D

Cross the bay bridge (duh), get on Highway 80 North, and get off on the Ashby exit going East. Follow Ashby until you hit Telegraph, and turn left. Follow Telegraph until you reach Blake's.
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby LCARS on Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:47 pm

Thanks, gwalla!

BTW, are there any other points of interest in Berkely or the surrounding area? I mean, as much as I love driving 3,000 miles to go to a bar... ;)
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gwalla on Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:11 pm

LCARS wrote:Thanks, gwalla!

BTW, are there any other points of interest in Berkely or the surrounding area? I mean, as much as I love driving 3,000 miles to go to a bar... ;)

Hmm...depends. Not *really*. I always have a hard time showing friends around from out of town, because I run out of ideas for things to show them. You'll already be seeing Telegraph by going to Blake's. You might want to take a look at the old Claremont Hotel. There's Tilden Park, which is a very nice area. If you don't mind spending some serious cash on dinner, there's Alice Waters' famous restaurant Chez Panisse (which is frequently referred to as being in San Francisco, even though it's across the bay and in a different county). Of course, if you include San Francisco in the "surrounding area", that opens up some possibilities., like Japantown, Chinatown, North Beach, the Exploratorium/Palace of Fine Arts, and the Cartoon Art Museum.
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Postby Gav on Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:45 pm

I'm a bit confuzzled as to why this was posted in the KeenCon II Forum? Was there a database glitch of some kind I should know about?
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby LCARS on Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:26 pm

Yes, there was a database glitch. It was one of those glitches that posts topics in the wrong forums... but is so fleeting that it disappears forever without a trace after it affects a post. ;)

Hehehe, no, the real reason is that my brain has started melding "San Diego" and "San Fransisco" together because I have no real distance relation. I had forgotten that SF is really really far away, I had mixed it up with Los Angles. That is what happends when you get up at 3am to go to work 10 hours then try to plan a trip.

I had realized my error but it was after gwalla had posted. So I was hoping nobody would notice and just run with it.

Thanks for shattering that dream, Gav! :)
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gwalla on Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:55 pm

Heh. LCARS, I should have looked you up when I was in Denver last weekend. :)
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Postby LCARS on Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:28 pm

Oh, you were in Denver? what for? and where?
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gwalla on Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:33 am

LCARS wrote:Oh, you were in Denver? what for? and where?

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was there for the U.S. national Tomiki Aikido torunament. The mayor of Denver even declared June 20-22 as "Tomiki Aikido Day" (yes, he declared all 3 days to be one day. Oh well.) It was at the Denver Buddhist Temple.

I like your city, but it could do with a little more oxygen. ;)
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Postby LCARS on Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:38 am

gwalla wrote:I like your city, but it could do with a little more oxygen. ;)

Funny, that's exactly what the fluorescent ducks keep telling me...
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to KeenCon X (San Diego 2010)