Seriously Guys...

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

Seriously Guys...

Postby mercurial-mess on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 am

I'm really excited to see where Aaron is going with this story, but we are not giving him enough love on this forum. I'd like to hear what everyone is thinking about the current story and all that jazz... I mean... here we have a veritable cornicopia of cyberpunky goodness fused with a seriously noir meets sci-fi story... ladies and gentlemen... we have SOMETHING to be talking about... so let's hear it:

Look Mom! No hands!!
mercurial-mess
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Amens_Magus on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Cool androids with guns ?
Heck, I'd run a game on that 8)
I'm very much looking forward to more.
Meh
Amens_Magus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The66Monkey on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 pm

S&V is gr8, the story has always been fun and interesting with many of my own drug-induced thoughts brought into it so i think that whenever the story start rolling again it will be gr8.
Live for the Army,
DIE for the Army.

Gamer Army 4 life.
The66Monkey
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Nidhogg66 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 am

Yeah, really looking forward to the next 3-4 comics before the next 1-2 years break. :wink:

What? I am a fan, else I would have deleted the bookmark already a LOOOONG time ago. :lol:
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Re:

Postby bunnyThor on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:16 pm

The66Monkey wrote:S&V is gr8, the story has always been fun and interesting with many of my own drug-induced thoughts brought into it so i think that whenever the story start rolling again it will be gr8.

Greight?

Is that even a word?
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re:

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Nidhogg66 wrote:Yeah, really looking forward to the next 3-4 comics before the next 1-2 years break. :wink:

What? I am a fan, else I would have deleted the bookmark already a LOOOONG time ago. :lol:

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I am actually making an attempt at preparation, before I undertake the strip again... To the tune of several months'-worth of stuff. I don't want to fall into a trap of unpreparedness, again, thereby shooting myself in the foot and making it impossible for me to get back to work again for another year.. :-P

Also, I'm starting COMPLETELY fresh. (Well, sort of... You'll understand when you see it.)
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Re:

Postby Nidhogg66 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 am

Aaron M. Holm, esquire wrote:I don't want to fall into a trap of unpreparedness, again, thereby shooting myself in the foot and making it impossible for me to get back to work again for another year.. :-P

Ouch! :lol:

A bit harsh maybe, but that's the spirit! ;) Looking forward to it then. Good to have you back. :D
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Seriously Guys...

Postby Taramoor on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:19 am

I love Aaron's stuff.

His art is amazing, his characters are funny and not cardboard cut-outs, and he can generally create some very interesting stories with what he has.

The only thing he needs to work on is consistency. Like Gabe from Penny Arcade says, "Your writing can suck, your art can be crap, and you yourself can be an irrepressable douche, but if you update consistently you'll gain readers."

Luckily, Aaron doesn't have to worry about those first three things.

Hell, I still check Joe Average on occasion.

Just in case.
Bah
Taramoor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:38 am

If the comic comes back, it should just be titled "Violence", because the amount of sex depicted was disappointingly close to zero.
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:16 am

bunnyThor wrote:If the comic comes back, it should just be titled "Violence", because the amount of sex depicted was disappointingly close to zero.

Blame it on my Midwestern, Bible-Belt sensibilities. :P

That being said, I am planning a title change, among the other changes.
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The66Monkey on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:14 pm

i liked Sex and Violence it had a very deep meaning but new title might work as well.
We are joust happy to get the comic back :D
Keep the phrase Sex and Violence alive thou, sneak it onto a background sign or something every now and then because that title still rox!
Live for the Army,
DIE for the Army.

Gamer Army 4 life.
The66Monkey
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Taramoor on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Ooohh... fancy shmancy new titles.

Deus Ex Machina seems appropriate for all the other webcomics out there. I hope this doesn't mean Aaron is going mainstream.

Anyway... I guess I'll go read through the Joe Average archive again while I wait for whatever's planned for this comic.
Bah
Taramoor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby giantmonster on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:57 am

wqhat is this about mate?
giantmonster
Junior Keenspotter

Postby davidbro on Sat May 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Taramoor wrote:I love Aaron's stuff.

His art is amazing, his characters are funny and not cardboard cut-outs, and he can generally create some very interesting stories with what he has.

The only thing he needs to work on is consistency. Like Gabe from Penny Arcade says, "Your writing can suck, your art can be crap, and you yourself can be an irrepressable douche, but if you update consistently you'll gain readers."

Luckily, Aaron doesn't have to worry about those first three things.

Hell, I still check Joe Average on occasion.

Just in case.

great bro...!
davidbro
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Sex & Violence