The Placeholder

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

Do you like the Placeholder?

Yes, I do.
20%
No, I don't
60%
I don't really care either way.
20%

Total votes : 5

The Placeholder

Postby Hominid on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:38 pm

I wish to offer you a suggestion, Mr. Holm. I'd suggest leaving the comic up instead of the placeholder. While the comic promises nothing but itself and carries no expectations with it, the placeholder promises a new comic soon and carries the expectation of seeing it. One way I eagerly anticipate the next comic at some point in the future and am pleased when it appears, while with the other I quickly grow impatient and am likely to be annoyed with the comic when it does arrive. I think that if you really want the placeholder, you should just put it in the newspost so as to make it less central.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lan_Martak on Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:55 pm

I agree. and make it a comic with nudity. man, I'm just a sick, sick person. Oh well, still want the nudity. Thanks.
Lan_Martak
Junior Keenspotter

*sighs and is bored with sex and violence*

Postby weasle on Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:46 am

well i to agree, i am pretty tired of waiting for a month or so for one strip to show up.. it takes two seconds to read .. leaving you wondering why you waited so long in the first place to read it.. i would suggest either posting new issues regularly or just pull the damn comic off the web.. save us loyal readers the suffering of having to wait for over a month for... another placeholder.. but yes.. i love the nudity...
weasle
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Hominid on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:21 am

Please, never tell him to abandon the comic. He's mentioned the possibility before, and I don't want him to even consider it.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby riesc on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:35 am

i know i myself have used a static placeholder graphic for a while, but i can see why some might not like it all that much (ie. the promise that doesn't get fulfilled as promptly as one may expect). If anything, i would suggest if you don't have a full comic ready, why not update with sketches or such? at least we the readers would see something new, and get an idea of where you're at creatively. It might also help you get back in the habit of drawing something, even if it's just a little doodle or whatever...
Rudi Gunther
...got Fudda?
Welcome to Deathworld
riesc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby weasle on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:35 pm

yes please... anything to just keep our interests peaked.. i cant count how many times i concidered just deleating the address from my favorites just because i am tired of reading the same page over and over and over again... how about some artwork.. or something.. even an explanation as to why we're seeing this placeholder for a long stretch of time.. mabye we wouldnt be so impatient if we knew what was going on
weasle
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Sex & Violence