Anybody here?

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

Anybody here?

Postby Hominid on Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:56 pm

I'm just wondering if the forum is as dead as the comic (sometimes) seems to be.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:50 am

Hey.

Updates will be back next Monday, and I'll be trying to continue the regular updates through the rest of the month.

Next month will kick off my "December to Remember" goal, wherein I fully intentd to meed all my deadlines for new strips and to try and prove to both myself and what readers I have left that I can do this... If I can't, then I'll probably just end up shutting it down for good, because I feel awful stringing everyone along like I have and I need to flat-out shit or get off the pot on this.

So, yeah...
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Hominid on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:24 pm

Awesome. Except for the possibility of shutting down.
I don't know how many other people agree with me on this, but I'd rather see an update every couple months than no updates at all. Speaking of which, after December you could try a far easier update schedule that you know you can meet. I tend to believe that the most important part of maintaining a fanbase is to update on a regular basis. I think that if you update once a month, every month, you'll still be able to gather an audience. Every so often, maybe every three months, double the updates to every other week, then once a week.

Also, to quote another post:
Hominid wrote:I'd reccomend trying put a new news post on the front page at least once a month. Updating the comic shows you're dedicated to it, and perhaps the readers. Updating the newspost shows you care about the readers and lets them know you're alive and (hopefully) well. Given the Untitled series in your gallery, we have good reason to wonder.

Perhaps change the update rate of the newsbox to twice the update rate of the comic.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lan_Martak on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:44 pm

I agree. the important thing is to keep producing the comic so I, uh, WE can keep reading it. pick an easier update schedule, and, if you find you are getting comfortably ahead, you can increase the schedule. Or not.
Lan_Martak
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Hominid on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:13 pm

Lan_Martak wrote:The important thing is to keep producing the comic so I, uh, WE can keep reading it.

I fear that if issues aren't resolved within the next few months, it will get down to just one or two people :(
I just read the archives, and I noticed something. A new story was mentioned. I understand it may be tempting to start up a new thing as the old ones get boring, but please don't. At least not until you've stabilized your schedule.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby riesc on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:27 am

i dunno, i think there's still a lot of people coming by this site, even with Aaron's sporadic updates... all i know is that i still get a lot of traffic from your link to my comic on your front page, Aaron.

honestly, i know you want to show those still loyal that you appreciate their "patronage", but i think it'd be wiser to just get a bunch of work done, and update on a weekly schedule. i know i wouldn't mind - hell, it's pretty much what i do myself. :roll:
Rudi Gunther
...got Fudda?
Welcome to Deathworld
riesc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:46 am

New strip. New strip. New strip. New strip.

Oh, and did I mention that there's a new strip?
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Hominid on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:13 am

Awesome. It's a good one. We all hope you succeed in your uphill climb.

By the way, you may want to get a new email address. Something more related to S&V.
Hominid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lan_Martak on Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:05 pm

yes, happy again. :) am hoping for that December to remember in update capacity. ah heck, just happy that placeholder thing is gone. Please don't use it again. Thanks.
Lan_Martak
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:26 am

Lan_Martak wrote:ah heck, just happy that placeholder thing is gone. Please don't use it again. Thanks.

Actually, the placeholder thing is really just there to facilitate the updating process, so I can just save over the placeholder image when I get the strip done, if I'm running behind... And that way, the image is the same size and dimensions as the actual strip and there's less fanangling I have to do to make things work. Unfortunately, I got to running behind a bit too much there, and neglected to fix it.

Look for more strips as this month goes on,.... Not to mention some wicked closure on certain open matters. :)
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Sex & Violence