Next issue

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

Next issue

Postby Scud422 on Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:32 pm

When will this next issue be?
Scud422
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:45 am

Tuesday.

I took a couple of weeks off to prepare new strips, and refocus my efforts and drive toward the strips, as a whole.

I'l be back up and running on Tuesday.
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nidhogg66 on Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:00 am

Aaron M. Holm, esquire wrote:Tuesday.

What week? Or what month?? Or what year yet again???
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Postby riesc on Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:11 am

cut it out. it's not like he owes you anything...
Rudi Gunther
...got Fudda?
Welcome to Deathworld
riesc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nidhogg66 on Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:09 am

It's a justified question nonetheless, or did you see any updates in 2001?

And what a let-down this promised "mayhem" is. We waited almost a whole month for a nice can of violence (since we don't get any sex anyway), and then this? :-?

[EDIT]: Nevermind, I just read the new stickie. Still, I'm somewhat disappointed... ah well... :(
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

All right, enough is enough...

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:53 am

OK, shut up, everyone... Jesus.

Strips are drawn for several days in advance. I haven't been able to update lately, because 90% of my crap is in boxes, right now, owing to a) cleaning and clearing because of forthcoming recarpeting of the room my art stuff is in, and b) the fact that I'm trying to eke out a living, regardless.

I won't make any excuses for myself for 2001, other than it was a bad year, wherein I lost my home, girlfriend, job, and much of what was going halfway decent in my life, and was left to pick up the pieces while you jackals did little more than bitch because you weren't getting your fill of cartoon breasts or people shooting one another.

I do this strip anymore because it means something to me, and not because I'm expecting a profit. Because my updating schedule is so problematic, I haven't worked on merchadise or shilled for it, I haven't begged any of you for money, I haven't asked you guys to do one single, solitary thing, save to just bear with me, until I can find a more stable environment from which to work more consistently and happily, which I haven't had in much of the time during the course of this strip's sporadic run. And even that has been passive, because no one's forcing any of you to stick around.

I've heard it countless times (almost as many as that moring "where's the sex" comment, but that's forthcoming) that people would stay more if I updated more. Well, that's always been a aproblemtic thing for me, because this is a problematic environment from which to work. I refuse to draw some crappy, cookie-cutter piece of garbage and work off templates, so everthing looks totally uniform and mass-produced. The strip means something to me, so I want it to be something I worked hard on, and for it to show that... Not just be some same-as-yesterday crap. Sometimes it takes longer, particularly lately, when one considers the hour or two maybe that I can work on strips without interruptions or distractions.

I'm moving soon. Hopefully, many of these problems will be fixed. Hopefully, this strip will finally bloom into the well-focues, gorgeous thing I've always envisioned it to be. It's been a rough time in which I've worked on this thing, many of which was during moves and uheavals and lots of personal tragedies. I've had a heard time keeping paces, because I not very skilled at tucking and rolling when calamity strikes. That's my fault, I'm the one who has to live with it; I'm the one who has to learn to deal with it.

If I'm not holding your attention enough to keep with it, I'm sorry. I work when I can, and that's not always every day. If that's unacceptible for you, then I'm sorry. You can't swing a dead cat anymore without hitting about another webcomic or nine, and maybe they'll be more suitable towards you. I'm going to keep with it as best as I can, and I'm tired of bowing and scraping to every mouthy bastard whose cereal's been shit in, because I didn't have guns or cartoon boobies up for them to gawk at.

Finally....

Nidhogg66 wrote:And what a let-down this promised "mayhem" is. We waited almost a whole month for a nice can of violence (since we don't get any sex anyway), and then this? :-?

It's one strip, Jackass.

One strip in a series of 18-24 in a leg of a storyline. One strip does not need to comprise a teaser. Christ almighty, you open a comic book up and the first page isn't always what the "next issue" teaser from the month before claimed it would be.

Secondly, I'm changing the goddamn title of the strip. I'm sick to friggin' death of people yammering on about this stupid "sex" thing. It was a joke, for fuck's sake! It was a gag made up, originally, to generate readers, but I never once intended to fully live up to the title. If I had a nickel for every time some nitwit sent me an e-mail or posted in this stupid forum about "where's the sex," I'd probably have been able to finance the strip.

Jesus, people take things too literally... Ugh.

*stomps off in utter disgust*
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby meli on Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:18 pm

:o

I'm sure most of your readers, especially us quiet lurk-y ones, understand that and appreciate that you're not willing to compromise your work to accomodate a few impatient assholes. some of us are also just spoiled and have to whine a little bit when we don't get what we want when we want it, but we don't really sweat it and we keep coming back just the same. it's not anybody's god given right to view the comics on any regular basis, so fuck em.
meli
Junior Keenspotter

Postby riesc on Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:02 pm

exactly the point i was trying to make, but much more eloquent.

yeah, yeah, i know i didn't really need to state the obvious, but what the hell, eh?
i just wanted to make my support known for Aaron and his work.
and i also think changing the title of the project is a good idea.

how about "Bombshells"? :wink:
Rudi Gunther
...got Fudda?
Welcome to Deathworld
riesc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby meli on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:43 am

I will agree to any name, provided there will be cute sex and violence babydoll tees first. :)
riesc wrote:exactly the point i was trying to make, but much more eloquent.

yeah, yeah, i know i didn't really need to state the obvious, but what the hell, eh?
i just wanted to make my support known for Aaron and his work.
and i also think changing the title of the project is a good idea.

how about "Bombshells"? :wink:
meli
Junior Keenspotter

re: latest comic

Postby riesc on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:50 am

cool! I was wondering when we were gonna see Bishop again!
Rudi Gunther
...got Fudda?
Welcome to Deathworld
riesc
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: All right, enough is enough...

Postby Nidhogg66 on Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:24 am

Aaron M. Holm, esquire wrote:Finally....

Nidhogg66 wrote:And what a let-down this promised "mayhem" is. We waited almost a whole month for a nice can of violence (since we don't get any sex anyway), and then this? :-?

It's one strip, Jackass.

One strip in a series of 18-24 in a leg of a storyline. One strip does not need to comprise a teaser. Christ almighty, you open a comic book up and the first page isn't always what the "next issue" teaser from the month before claimed it would be.

Secondly, I'm changing the goddamn title of the strip. I'm sick to friggin' death of people yammering on about this stupid "sex" thing. It was a joke, for fuck's sake! It was a gag made up, originally, to generate readers, but I never once intended to fully live up to the title. If I had a nickel for every time some nitwit sent me an e-mail or posted in this stupid forum about "where's the sex," I'd probably have been able to finance the strip.

You know, you're the biggest crybaby of the whole webcomic scene. Hell, you're even worse than Piro from MegaTokyo. But unlike you, he at least delivers.

So you got problems in your life? Awww, now that's sad. Tim Buckley from CTRL+ALT+DEL had a car accident. Did that stop him from posting regular comics? Not at all. He's been improving himself more and more with every strip, he's only been around for a little more than a year and he is definitely one of the best artists that's out there. Greg Dean from Real Life comics also has a job, but does that stop him from delivering his 5 comics per week? No. So why can't you pull yourself together and give what you promise at least once a week? Is it that hard to do so? Maybe if you weren't that bitchy, you would have found others who are willing to support you, be it with money, webspace, bandwidth or just uploading your little strip.

But all you can do is whine. Waaah, I lost my job. Waaah, I lost my girlfriend. Waaah, I'm such a loser. So f*cking what? Life goes on! Maybe if you didn't always sob around, you wouldn't have lost your job/girlfriend. Ever thought about that?

I know very well that there will never be any sex in Sex & Violence. I knew about this only being a (cheap) trick to pull readers, readers which you leave stomping away in disgust since you are as reliable as Al Bundy's Dodge. Besides, I never asked for sex. I merely pointed out that we'll never get that anyway, so at least we could get some Violence.

It's true that the first page in a comic almost never shows what was promised on the previous page, but with a comic I at least don't have to wait months until I see the next page!

Changing the title of your comic won't make a difference. What comic anyway? Bah...

The only jackass here is you.

Nid

PS: Btw, you managed to get two peebs who are somewhat defending you. Wow, now that's a lot, ain't it? Get a life...
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Re: All right, enough is enough...

Postby Sabaccplayer on Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:59 am

Nidhogg66 wrote:
Aaron M. Holm, esquire wrote:Finally....

It's one strip, Jackass.

You know, you're the biggest crybaby of the whole webcomic scene. Hell, you're even worse than Piro from MegaTokyo. But unlike you, he at least delivers.

So you got problems in your life? Awww, now that's sad. Tim Buckley from CTRL+ALT+DEL had a car accident. Did that stop him from posting regular comics? Not at all. He's been improving himself more and more with every strip, he's only been around for a little more than a year and he is definitely one of the best artists that's out there. Greg Dean from Real Life comics also has a job, but does that stop him from delivering his 5 comics per week? No. So why can't you pull yourself together and give what you promise at least once a week? Is it that hard to do so? Maybe if you weren't that bitchy, you would have found others who are willing to support you, be it with money, webspace, bandwidth or just uploading your little strip.

But all you can do is whine. Waaah, I lost my job. Waaah, I lost my girlfriend. Waaah, I'm such a loser. So f*cking what? Life goes on! Maybe if you didn't always sob around, you wouldn't have lost your job/girlfriend. Ever thought about that?

I know very well that there will never be any sex in Sex & Violence. I knew about this only being a (cheap) trick to pull readers, readers which you leave stomping away in disgust since you are as reliable as Al Bundy's Dodge. Besides, I never asked for sex. I merely pointed out that we'll never get that anyway, so at least we could get some Violence.

It's true that the first page in a comic almost never shows what was promised on the previous page, but with a comic I at least don't have to wait months until I see the next page!

Changing the title of your comic won't make a difference. What comic anyway? Bah...

The only jackass here is you.

Nid

PS: Btw, you managed to get two peebs who are somewhat defending you. Wow, now that's a lot, ain't it? Get a life...

Why do you read it then? Do you just like spreading misery?
"AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO!" Stone Cold Steve Austin
"We deal in lead friend." Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven
"Do you like.............................Pie?" The Rock
"NOW GET IN THE PIT AND TRY TO LOVE SOMEONE!" Kid Rock
"I Am That Damn Good!" HHH and yeah me too.
Sabaccplayer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Reason

Postby Amens_Magus on Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:48 pm

:roll:
Who knows ?
It's probably the only way the poor fuckhead can get it up.
:lol:
Am I right Nidhogg66 ?
Try derpdrugs next time, that way less people get bugged by your stupidity.

What do we say to this poor missguided "individual" ?
Fuck off, go bother someone that bothers to listen.
Amens_Magus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sabaccplayer on Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:06 pm

Or maybe he just needs the attention.
"AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO!" Stone Cold Steve Austin
"We deal in lead friend." Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven
"Do you like.............................Pie?" The Rock
"NOW GET IN THE PIT AND TRY TO LOVE SOMEONE!" Kid Rock
"I Am That Damn Good!" HHH and yeah me too.
Sabaccplayer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Probably

Postby Amens_Magus on Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:31 pm

I guess that's one way to get off.
Amens_Magus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MooglyGuy on Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:49 pm

While I feel that it's alright to poke fun in a joking manner at the lack of updates recently, I have to admit that it's just Not Cool(tm) to actually come down upon a comic writer and artist for having other, more pressing issues in life. As a matter of fact, it seems like any other author at this point would have just thrown his or her hands up in the air and given up the comic for good, having considered it a lost cause. Aaron, on the other hand, seems to genuinely care about his readers enough to at least reassure us that he's still alive, which is more than I can say for some authors who seem to just disappear off the face of the earth without so much as a word of explanation.

So, Aaron, take as much time as you need, whether it's days, months, half a year, a year, whatever. Rest assured that those of us who are not whiny, ungrateful fucks will patiently await the day that S&V and JA come back.
MooglyGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Next issue

Postby The66Monkey on Fri May 16, 2008 6:55 am

wow...... some people sure are assholes.
The new story seams interesting, fuck consistency, as long as we are entertained (and slightly aroused) we are happy!
Hope everything is going well Aaron!
Live for the Army,
DIE for the Army.

Gamer Army 4 life.
The66Monkey
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Sex & Violence