No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:33 am

S&V is back.

And in a big way.

What little amounts of time I have set aside to draw, I'm devoting chiefly to S&V, and I'll be damned if this strip fades into oblivion. Those of you who stuck with me through the absence will be rewarded with primo art & stories from moi; those who left.. *sighs*

And, since I'm in such a kooky, talkative mood right now, here's the skinny on my recent disappearing act:

Plain & simple: Work pummeled me into something that resembled a wet prune.

Don't get me wrong, though, things haven't been all bad. I did get a promotion at work, and I still am happily engaged to the most wonderful, amazing and profoundly incredible girl in the known universe, but things were utterly crazy since September.

There were a lot of weeks were I was working late every night, and came home to about 50,000,000 things that needed to be done there, and when I did get the occasional chance to sit down and draw...

I blanked the hell out.

Yep. Big-Time Creative Blockage. I'd sit and stare at the paper for an hour. Things got progressively worse and I wasn't able to draw much of anything for weeks. I was really frustrated, but more than that, I felt really guilty. I knew people were waiting for me to post strips and I wasn't delivering, which made me feel terrible. I knew I should own up to what was going on, so people had a good idea, but I was a total coward and avoided you all like I was some scrawny kid ducking bullies in the schoolyard, for fear they'd steal his milk money or worse.

For that, I apologize. It was wrong and it wasn't fair to all of you who stuck with me, even though I was being far from productive.

As it stands, I'm still working like a galley slave at work (I took over a recently-vacated position, and have to undertake the daily tasks of this job, as well as everything I was doing previously. Suffice it to say, I'm home late a lot), but I'm trying hard to earn back everyone's trust as competent artist and storyteller. I hope you continue to enjoy what I have to offer and continue to stick with me from here on out.

Thanks, Campers. Feel free to go about your business again.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arrus on Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:58 am

Hurrah, more S&V! Especially Davros, I hope!

Does this mean that JA will be fairly put-off for now, though? Just curious, sir.
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:03 am

Just by a coule of weeks. Hopefully, by December 1, I'll have built up enough of a backlog that I won't be bogged down by doing 2 strips again (as I have been so apt to do...).
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arrus on Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:33 pm

Oh, okay. Hurrah!
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

All RIGHT!

Postby Big Thor on Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:17 am

Man, it's good to see S&V back! Especially today's strip (Nov. 15/02).

Which reminds me- Now that Ajax seems to be on her own, d'ya think a few of us might hire her for a few days? We're having a bit of trouble with our landlady as well, and we like the professional and efficient way she deals with them.....
"A sticking gear could cause your M203 grenade launcher to fire unexpectedly. This could make you very unpopular in what's left of your unit."- US Army Maintenance Manual
Big Thor
Junior Keenspotter

Sweet!

Postby MrIrony on Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:03 am

Well, I'm quite happy that S&V is back! I've been checking it everyday and it hasn't left my daily-read list ever... and don't feel too bad about it; it only took two seconds of my time (and it is SO precious! *cough*). We all have our creative slumps every now and then, and I know the guilt related to leaving your audience waiting.

Still not able to get out of my own slump, I've let another artist take over my comic and I took over his for a nice change of pace. It's refreshing.

Anyway, I can hardly wait to see the new stuff! There aren't nearly enough comics like this one out there with this much effort put into them. And congrats on still being engaged!
MrIrony
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Meganeguard on Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:49 pm

Welcome back, Aaron. Really have missed your comics!
Meganeguard
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Sex & Violence