There actually is new stuff...

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

There actually is new stuff...

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi, Folks.

For those of you who actually did come back to find new strips, up til recently, let me assure you that there are new strips. I uploaded them well over a month ago, but, for some reason, they have not updated. I will be taking steps to figure out why this is, but I wanted to at least make it clear that I have not fallen by the wayside so soon, after starting up again. I don't want that to be the case with me, anymore. I've let you all down way too much in the past to be falling into that particular situation again, and, frankly, I'm embarassed as it is, that it's happened, even though I actually did have uploaded strips.

I apolgise for the inconvenience.

- A.
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: There actually is new stuff...

Postby Nidhogg66 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Good to hear, Aaron. I was really getting worried again. :shifty:

But great story and art so far, definitely thumbs up! Is it just me or has there already been more violence in the new strips than in the entire Sex & Violence saga before? :lol:
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Taramoor on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 am

Always good to hear that you're drawing again.

Hope you get the technical issues sorted out since it seems like you're on the ball with the drawing schedule.
Bah
Taramoor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm

There we go... All better, now.

Hope you guys enjoy them. :)
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby juikie on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Aaron M. Holm, esquire wrote:There we go... All better, now.

Hope you guys enjoy them. :)

Aaron, the look fantastic. Great job![color=#8000BF]
[/color]
juikie
Junior Keenspotter

Postby silentdarth on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:47 pm

It's nice to see you back on it. It's been so long and so many reboots along the way. Problem is, the setup seems so slow. I've been reading for years now and I guess I'm just being impatient.
BTW, is there any chance of Joe Average making a comeback? That was my fave between the 2.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
silentdarth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: If there's a bright center of the universe, I'm at the point it's farthest from.

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 am

silentdarth wrote:It's nice to see you back on it. It's been so long and so many reboots along the way.

Indeed it has. It's been a long, unpleasant road, and I let a lot of people down. I want to do things right, for a change.

Problem is, the setup seems so slow. I've been reading for years now and I guess I'm just being impatient.

I wonder if that's due to the larger size of the strip, itself, the inclusion of the numerous ads on the site, or a combination of both... I will be looking into what I can do to change or fix that.

BTW, is there any chance of Joe Average making a comeback? That was my fave between the 2.

It's a favorite of a lot of people, it seems. Honestly, I've toyed with the idea of doing a JA comeback. There's still a lot of baggage and bad memories attached to that strip that I need to work out, before I can put out a quality, decent strip that isn't just an excuse for me to bitch and moan about whatever's gone wrong in my life, like I was so apt to do in JA, in the past.

If I restart JA, I want it to be for the right reasons, and with the right motivation and direction, and not have it be the same ol' random drudgery that it had been, more often than not.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby silentdarth on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:51 am

Same problem, except we now have 3 different, distinct storylines running, and we have no idea where they're going. Last reboot, we stuck with AJAX and the other chick until we had a good idea where they were headed, then Frankenstein came in. Now, we have Ajax very briefly, then the rook and Frankenstein, now Whatshisname and his kid the execs?
I run the risk of coming across as a dick complaining about the free entertainment that I myself choose to read, but I feel since I've followed it for so long, that maybe I can point out my concerns? Hell, the rest of your readers may disagree. I just think the early set up is too much too soon? Maybe stick with either 1 or 2 plot points so early, or make it a daily? (I know, that would be rough)
It just seems to be taking way too long for something to actually happen here.
silentdarth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: If there's a bright center of the universe, I'm at the point it's farthest from.

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:19 am

silentdarth wrote:Same problem, except we now have 3 different, distinct storylines running, and we have no idea where they're going. Last reboot, we stuck with AJAX and the other chick until we had a good idea where they were headed, then Frankenstein came in. Now, we have Ajax very briefly, then the rook and Frankenstein, now Whatshisname and his kid the execs?
I run the risk of coming across as a dick complaining about the free entertainment that I myself choose to read, but I feel since I've followed it for so long, that maybe I can point out my concerns? Hell, the rest of your readers may disagree. I just think the early set up is too much too soon? Maybe stick with either 1 or 2 plot points so early, or make it a daily? (I know, that would be rough)
It just seems to be taking way too long for something to actually happen here.

I had been waiting for this particular type of comment since before I even put up the first new strip.

I don't mean that in a snippy way... Not at all. What I mean is that the fact of the matter is that I when I left the strip before, it was on a cliffhanger. And, given the time spent away from the strip, I feared that picking up where I left off would have left people rather confused. I'd had a similar situation when doing Joe Average, where I picked up where I left of, after a long absence, and I'd received a number of complaints about how people had lost track of what had been going on, since it had taken me so long to get from Point A to Point B. This was essentially one of the biggest concerns that stayed my hand from starting the strip sooner than I did.

So, in this regard, I decided to take a chance. Either pick up on a story that I'd pretty-much forgotten where the hell I was actually going with, or start fresh, with an actual, scripted storyline that pretty-much goes into detail about the characters from the start and actually covers past events in both better detail and visuals (Yes, I essentially started over at the very beginning, so you will see some recaps of previously-seen plot points). I just felt that, in picking it up again after a long time gone, the best thing for me to do was to just start fresh with a new foundation and some new building materials to work with, rather than to try and stack new "stories" on possibly-rotted supports.

Honestly, at this point, I would have preferred to completely cut the current strips off from the old strips, or even to put them in a totally separate archive, to be accessed from the main page, but not lumped in with the new stuff. Ideally, that's what I would like to work towards.

I hate making a cliché response, but all I can say is to wait and see. I do have plans to retouch on that stuff, in due time, and revisit a lot of loose ends that I ineptly left open, previously.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby silentdarth on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Well Aaron, I honestly wish you the best, but I guess I've outgrown S&V. I really was excited to see it back, the problem is, I used to eagerly await new strips, even during the dark times. My problem is, the strip has been back for about 2 months, we have 3 disparate storylines, and the most recent has gone 8 updates, and I still have no real idea what is going on. YOur art is still in my opinion great. While cartoonish, you still draw incredibly sexy women. I guess in my older years I've become the MTV generation where I want to know what's going on quickly, and the build up is just too slow for me. I really do hope things are good for you, both in your artistic endeavors, and in your personal life. I just can't bring myself to keep tuning in anymore.
Good luck
silentdarth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nidhogg66 on Mon May 25, 2009 2:42 am

Well, silentdarth might not be around anymore, but for some reason, I stuck around, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see new strips. Thankfully, and despite my (stone) age of 33, I still have a good memory, so I don't even need to go back to the archive and read up on what has happened so far to know what is going on now (not that I'd have to review THAT much anyway... >_>). Honestly, I'm not really getting my hopes up about seeing more than a handful of updates before the next year-long break, but at least it's good to see that you're still around, Aaron. :)
Nidhogg66
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Wed May 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Well, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm trying.

I know I tend to be a bit of a longshot to bet on, most of the time, but I'm trying to make an attempt. If anything, this is really the one thing I really have going for me, endlessly-floundering as it is, and I want to keep it afloat as much as I can, as often as I can.

I'm a screw-up, and I realize this... But I'm working on it.

Thanks for bearing with me, this long. :)
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Happy December, Keen! :D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Yours always,
Dominic Deegan Forum ~

[img]http://chamorrobible.org/images/photos/gpw-20061021-UnitedStates-DVIC-DFSC8410569-Earth-clouds-untethered-EVA-NASA-Astronaut-Robert-L-Stewart-STS-41B-

February-1984-large.jpg[/img]
[img]http://z.about.com/d/playstation/1/0/R/A/Ghostbusters__The_Video_Game_-_Atari_Live-

Xbox_360__Wii__PC__PS2__DSBox_Bits1455ghostbuster_large_v4_Flat_copie.jpg[/img]

FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE

<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Return to Sex & Violence