Announcement

Feeling BLUE? You'll fit right in here. [insane laughter]

Moderator: BoxJam

Announcement

Postby BoxJam on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:47 pm

The joke about Peppermint Patty and Marcie being lovers is officially done.

Move on.
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot

Postby hydro on Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:03 pm

i don't get it.
hydro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby teenidol on Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:58 am

But is it true what I've heard about Marine Boy and Speed Racer?

(Trixie is really a beard.)
From The Desk Of
"There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it." Marge Gunderson
teenidol
Keenspotter Supreme

Marine The Sea Bottom Boy

Postby teenidol on Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:16 am

Not that anyone asked, but...

The same person that voiced half the characters in Marine Boy also voiced Trixie in Speed Racer. So you can see how humorous my previous comment really was! Ha ha!

============
(from http://www.alphalink.com.au/~roglen/marine.htm )

Marine Boy was known as Kaitei Shonen Marien (Marine The Sea Bottom Boy) in Japan. It was produced in 1966 - 1967 in Japan by Minoru Adachi through K Fujita Associates Inc and released by Japan Tele Cartoons and Seven Arts Television world wide. It first appeared on Melbourne television in March 1968 at 4pm on Channel 9 and was described by TV guides as "The story of Marine Boy's underwater heroics." It was a very popular sereies and was last seen Melbourne TV as late as 1988. Stanley Jaffe was the producer of the English version. The voice of Marine Boy, Neptina and Cli Cli was that of Corinne Orr (female) who was also the voice of Trixie in Speed Racer. Jack Grimes was the voice of Professor Fumble and Splasher and Peter Fernandez (other work includes The Space Giants, Ultraman, and Star Blazers-aka Space Battleship Yamoto and most of the Godzilla films) was the voice of Piper and Dr Mariner and later went on to be Speed from Speed Racer. Jack Curtis was the voice of Bulton.
From The Desk Of
"There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it." Marge Gunderson
teenidol
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BoxJam on Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:23 pm

I have created 1200 doodles, and I don't think I've ever mentioned Marine Boy in any of them.

Which is surprising, given the comic possibilities of oxy-gum.
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot

Return to BoxJam's Doodle