Just for the time being...

Feeling BLUE? You'll fit right in here. [insane laughter]

Moderator: BoxJam

Just for the time being...

Postby pooglian on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:55 pm

So... Is anybody else visiting here since the Ikonboard is down at the moment?

Pooga
pooglian
Junior Keenspotter

Postby broberds on Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:18 am

I'm not. I don't even know how to get here.
broberds
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:20 pm

finally, some place to post!

not that i have anything to say..... i _had_ something to say, last week, i think, but now i've forgotten what it was....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby mouse on Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:18 pm

i've seen speculation in other forums that the altbrand forum may be permanently deceased. does this mean we have lost hydro, antoine, and the infamous oldtip's thread?

maybe we _shouldn't_ have gone to 100 pages......
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby BoxJam on Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:50 am

I haven't seen those discussions, but here's what's going on.

We're trying to fix the old boards. We're close to giving up on that, though, and replacing them with the boards Xerexes uses at Comixpedia.

We do want to have altbrand boards, though, since, for whatever reason, most of us get about 10 times more posts on those boards than here.

It's probably no good to ask in here, since the people I really need to ask aren't even reading these boards, but why is it people post more on those boards? Is it the speed, or what?
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:08 pm

well, i post more on the other board because more people post there, so there's more stuff to respond to.....which is, of course, uselessly circular.

and the keen board _is_ a bit slow....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lord Emsworth on Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:42 pm

No doubt I'm in the minority in this regard, but I missed the Keen Boards when activity shifted. From the very beginning, the AltBrand boards have been a source of frustration. For some reason, there appears to be a problem which, judging from what BoxJam and others had told me, is limited to my home machine and the machines at UTEP. That is to say, whenever I would attempt to click on a topic, it would return me to the index page. It took me some time to realize that this could be solved by refreshing once or twice, but this needed to be done *every* single time I read a topic, wanted to return to the BoxJam or other forum index, I'd have to refresh again to access the "add reply" button," refresh again to see the thing...

All in all, coupled with personal situations, this is why I haven't posted as much to the boards for strips like BoxJam's Doodle, Chopping Block, and The Grimbles, which I still read and enjoy whenever time allows. If activity were to return to the Keen boards (which have never seemed especially slow to me, but then perhaps that's because I'm on AOL dial-up and don't expect lightning fast service from any page.) If activity moves to a new board, though I grow weary of registering with new forums, assuming the system is different from the old AltBrand forum, I'd be pleased.

By the by, kept meaning to e-mail you Boxer, in fact, to say what a pleasant surprise it was to have the idle token of esteem from humble self canonized as an official Doodle. Brightened a far from unmixedly pleasant week to be sure.)
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:19 pm

keen _is_ , alas, noticably slower (even on my fast university connection) - don't know if that's because there are so many more fora on it - whereas altbrand had about 6-8. (which just goes to show, sometimes there are advantages to cliquishness)

and i _loved_ your 'toon, emsworth - i think it need not hang its head in the archive.

but i do feel it proper to point out (quietly, in hopes of not scaring him off) that The Master has returned to tooning - which i feel deserves a quiet cheer.

huzzah! huzzah!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby hydro on Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:38 pm

oh, i'm not lost, mouse. 'fact i'm sittin' right here. however, these boards are harder to get to, don't always sign me in, lots of not responding messages, etc. also, i'm blockled at work, when my very best drivel is concocted.

but, still around. sorta.

hey bup!
hydro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby hydro on Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:43 am

where am i?
what is this place?
hydro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby teenidol on Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:15 am

First broke the keenspace forum. Then broke the first altbrand forum. Then broke the second altbrand forum. A coincidence?

No! I say it's a ELCARIM!
From The Desk Of
"There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it." Marge Gunderson
teenidol
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby teenidol on Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:21 am

My browser doesn't seem to understand (or maybe it's just me) a Submit. I got no response. Feel free to delete my reposts as I don't know how.
Last edited by teenidol on Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
From The Desk Of
"There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it." Marge Gunderson
teenidol
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby teenidol on Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:32 am

First broke the keenspace forum. Then broke the first altbrand forum. Then broke the second altbrand forum. A coincidence?

No! I say it's a ELCARIM!
From The Desk Of
teenidol
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby hydro on Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:13 am

don't feel bad, ti. after my last post, i got the message saying i couldn't post again so soon.
my previous post here was in november of 2003.
which may explain the lack of activity here.
hydro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:33 pm

what, i leave town for a few days, and you all burn the forum down?

....i just don't know about you guys.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

We're all just zombies

Postby bunnyThor on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:08 pm

hydro wrote:where am i?
what is this place?

Webcomic forum graveyard.

Welcome to eternity. :gonk:
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Just for the time being...

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 am

Oh, come on, BunnyThor -- it can't be more than about 300 days until the next Doodle. It'll fly by.
Michael
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to BoxJam's Doodle