Well... So Much For That... ...

Geek out, fanboy.

Well... So Much For That... ...

Postby Skane on Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:32 am

So er... who else is in here? :P
Skane
Keenspot Post Whore

Postby Mravac Kid on Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:14 pm

Yeah, I'm here. As seen from my fairly recent last post.
Just lurking 'round, waiting for somebody to drop by :)

So, Rikk's a goner, isn't he?
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Marcos on Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:44 pm

Depends. Over on the other forum, there's a theory that Rikk didn't sell his soul to Satan because Alisin was holding on to it at the time.

Personally, I think they're a little weird over there. But Rikk has to be planning something -- he's never made a bargain this full of loopholes before.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mravac Kid on Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Yeah, I'd like to believe that, but he was totally resigned in giving himself up to save his friends. Although, it does seem a little vague. After all, it's Satan he was talking with, and you can't just take what he says at face value...

I'm still hoping Rumy can find some way of saving him (she seems to be the strongest of them, and most versatile in occult situations).

As I'm not subscribed, I missed a few updates so I don't know everything that happened since Rikk left, I didn't see what Alisin did. Perhaps she did manage to hold onto his soul. And I think the other Big Guy wouldn't just let a soul as pure as Rikk's fall into the Bad Guy's hands... ;)
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Pagedown on Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:33 am

I AM THAT I AM and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor God!

:o
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
Pagedown
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Marcos on Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:55 pm

"I am that I am" is a literal translation of the Hebrew "Yhwh". The common translation is "God".
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bunnyThor on Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:53 am

So...

Popeye is God?

That would explain a lot of things actually....
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kubrick on Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:47 am

The Popeye saying is a homage (or was it a rip off) of the biblical burning bush saying.

Moses, when he was cast out by the pharoh, cam across a talking bush which burned without being consumed. When Moses asked the bush "Who are you?" the bush replied "I am that I am.".

It's been a couple years since I last read that passage, but that's the jist of it.

Seeing as the bible was written a couple thousand years before Popeye poped his first can of spinich, I think it's safe to assume that Popeye is no more god than Mickey Mouse is Satan.
Kubrick
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pagedown on Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:35 pm

Seeing as the bible was written a couple thousand years before Popeye poped his first can of spinich, I think it's safe to assume that Popeye is no more god than Mickey Mouse is Satan.

Don't get me started. He looks all cute and clean and friendly, but what is he? Disease carrying vermin! He's the devil I says!
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
Pagedown
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kubrick on Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:50 pm

Naw, Mickey isn't the devil, he was just created by him. Yes, collectively Disney is Satan's elbow. And corporate america is his knee-cap... OK I officially just took that joke too far.

Didja know that Walt Disney was a racist? Now you do.
Kubrick
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Fans!