Geek out, fanboy.

Interested in Underworld?

You bet! I'm going in costume!
No votes
Yeah, it looks cool.
55%
Yeah kind of, I might see it.
18%
Not really, it's just action without color.
9%
No way, it looks icky!
No votes
Never! Gothy angst movies are for LARPing losers!
9%
Underworld? You mean The Godfather?
9%

Total votes : 11

Underworld, the movie

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:32 pm

Yup, with little more than a week to go I thought I'd fire up a thread for the movie.

First, here's a link for all the WoD players out there.
http://www.white-wolf.com/News/underworldrelease.html

Lawsuit aside, I'm anxious to see this movie. So much that I'm requiring all my Vampire players to see it before game on the 20th, I hope to have us all go see it together. I think Underworld is going to be cool, the previews seem to favor the vampires so I wonder just how the werewolves are going to be shown. They seem to just be guys that turn into monsters to kill vampires, I hope they turn out to be at least anarchists or something.

Final thought. Everytime someone talks about fighting the Lycans or their war with the Lycans I picture hordes of vampires battling with giant Fungus/Algae growths.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Re: Underworld, the movie

Postby LordLucan on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:25 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Final thought. Everytime someone talks about fighting the Lycans or their war with the Lycans I picture hordes of vampires battling with giant Fungus/Algae growths.

Oh! They're fighting the Lycans? I heard it wrong then. I'd better go retrieve my clones... :(

I'm really looking forward to seeing Underworld, but I've only seen slight glimpses. If I'm in a cinema, and a trailer looks promising after 3 seconds I tend go out of my to block my senses of hearing and sight, and quiz Faye about it afterwards (I really hate spoilers you see).

Hope its a week to see it here too! England doesn't seem to have the usual 3 month lag behind American releases that it used to have, but some films are still released a bit later over here. Still waiting to see LOEG (although I doubt it'll be worth the wait)!
"Beedy beedy beedy!"
- Creepy metal miget freak from Buck Rogers

Crossover searcher:-
http://juicytriangle.com/crosser/
LordLucan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Underworld, the movie

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:44 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Final thought. Everytime someone talks about fighting the Lycans or their war with the Lycans I picture hordes of vampires battling with giant Fungus/Algae growths.

I had the same thought too... Isn't there a medical disorder where you're completely covered in hair? It's some really weird, long medical name, so I guess it won't take off like Lycanthrope has, but isn't Lycanthrope a description of a mental disorder (where you think you're a wolf)?

LordLucan wrote:Hope its a week to see it here too! England doesn't seem to have the usual 3 month lag behind American releases that it used to have, but some films are still released a bit later over here. Still waiting to see LOEG (although I doubt it'll be worth the wait)!

No, it really, really won't. LXG (to use their apprev for it) wasn't painful to sit through, but it wasn't that great, either. Really nothing to recommend it in terms of plot, action, or effects, and I doubt I'd ever sit through it again.
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:00 am

Yeah, when it comes to the League, read the comics. They have much more sophisticated feel than the movie, which seemed to pander to the american audience just a smidge more than necessary.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby LordLucan on Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:34 am

Yes!!

The premiere will be on the 19th in England, so looks like I won't have to wait 3 months to read the feedback thread... :)
"Beedy beedy beedy!"
- Creepy metal miget freak from Buck Rogers

Crossover searcher:-
http://juicytriangle.com/crosser/
LordLucan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Fans!