[9/12] Doing it Right

Geek out, fanboy.

[9/12] Doing it Right

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:39 pm

Ok, the General wanted Shanna ineffectual so she couldn't write that world changing book. So why didn't she just kill her with Rikk and the others she planned to butcher?
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JimmyRei1000 on Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:41 pm

*Gives Shanna a standing ovation*

Bravo Shanna. Bravo.
JimmyRei1000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: [9/12] Doing it Right

Postby TCampbell on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:05 pm

Peanut-butter Monkey wrote:Ok, the General wanted Shanna ineffectual so she couldn't write that world changing book. So why didn't she just kill her with Rikk and the others she planned to butcher?

'Cos killing Shanna would have made Kath impossible to manipulate.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:37 pm

TCampbell wrote:
Peanut-butter Monkey wrote:Ok, the General wanted Shanna ineffectual so she couldn't write that world changing book. So why didn't she just kill her with Rikk and the others she planned to butcher?

'Cos killing Shanna would have made Kath impossible to manipulate.

Well... yeah. Ok. I can only assume that the General's plan was to take out Rikk and set up Kath again as a corrupt leader, who'd integrate into the FIB and rule with a tighter iron fist than Mist (in a stylish velvet glove), creating an FIB hegemony that never fell, thereby creating the one universe that would be the Ultimate Challenge for Maximillia to conquer.

whoa... Max was awesome. Too bad Guth dropped that box on her.

T! T! I know what you have to do for your next comic! Do a comic that starts by redoing that page so that Max lives, and then chronicles her conquering the multi-verse. I would drop $3 a month, just for that, even if you drew it yourself.
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:10 pm

Peanut-butter Monkey wrote:T! T! I know what you have to do for your next comic! Do a comic that starts by redoing that page so that Max lives, and then chronicles her conquering the multi-verse. I would drop $3 a month, just for that, even if you drew it yourself.

I'd pay 4 for one that went back a bit further........... IthinkyaknowwhenImean....
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sebastian on Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:48 pm

No, I just got it, the plan was to make Shanna feel abbandoned so Kath, to not leave her alone, would drop, or postpone indefinetly the idea to go study Law, like she was going to do in today's comic.

So with Stu staying out of the club because Rikk (being dead) would not call him back (and so not being interested in becoming a lawyer) and with Kath not studying Law, they there would be there to defend Guth and Tim in their trial in the future (I assume that the trial there would be even in the original timeline, maybe some year later when Guth would reveal his Discovery of the fourth dimensionally beings).

Woah, The General was a sneaky bastardess.
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:09 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:
Peanut-butter Monkey wrote:T! T! I know what you have to do for your next comic! Do a comic that starts by redoing that page so that Max lives, and then chronicles her conquering the multi-verse. I would drop $3 a month, just for that, even if you drew it yourself.

I'd pay 4 for one that went back a bit further........... IthinkyaknowwhenImean....

You mean the professor doesn't save everyone?
Or do you mean Fanboy kills Kath?

Aside from your personal investiture in that event, I don't really know what the point of that would be. Yes, I thought Kath should have died there, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome of anything that happened later. Or at least until book 3. Not that she's been so pivotal in that, either, but it might have made Rikk more depressed for awhile (I think he would have pulled out of even that pain).
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:35 am

Peanut-butter Monkey wrote: You mean the professor doesn't save everyone?
Or do you mean Fanboy kills Kath?

Aside from your personal investiture in that event, I don't really know what the point of that would be. Yes, I thought Kath should have died there, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome of anything that happened later. Or at least until book 3. Not that she's been so pivotal in that, either, but it might have made Rikk more depressed for awhile (I think he would have pulled out of even that pain).

Well, we could go from Kath dying (Fanboy might've ended up being captured and re-converted or just shipped into the future with the other Espins, or maybe in his own little timeline) but I was thinking of further back. Before Timin got captured and converted in the first place. If it had been Harry or will that attended the banquet instead of Timin, or Tim had been ported out just before the field went up. There's really a lot more possibilities than what I implied.

There were two that I thought of that interest me enough that I might fanfic them some day. One in where Kath is killed but Timmespin is abandoned on the Earth where Mist in in control and having lost the general as well as fandom he begins work for Mist.

Another, more complicated story, is where Timmespin kills Kath and survives to rejoin the General. He is stuck on the ship during the final battle during Let Darkness Fall and decides to screw over the surface Espins and the Fans! at the same time by taking fate by the reigns and time jumping to the future. He gives the other Espins a speech about how he has learned that the only one you can trust to show you the way is your own two eyes. The fans were wrong, the General was wrong, so now Tim and a hand full of Espins go adventuring through time. Kind of like sliders only with higher tech and no real wish to get "home".
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:53 am

Wasn't Harry there? Didn't he narrate that chapter? Or do I have the names wrong? Anyway, I guess that's beside your point. As for the second idea, I doubt that's what Tim would have done. He'd probably have insisted (or at least strenously requested) going down to meet the fans in the first place, and even if he hadn't, after Max was defeated, I think he would have stood up and screamed at the other espins to refuse the Fans access to their time ship, but I really have no idea what would have happened after that. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if he was, overruled and the were let on by the surrendering espins, to see what Rikk would have done with him. While I do agree that his being let down by three "religions" in a row (quotes not intended for the first one, Islam) might lead him to reevaluate his need to dedicate himself to something else, I doubt it would happen so quickly, nor lead him to become a leader himself.
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:31 am

Peanut-butter Monkey wrote: As for the second idea, I doubt that's what Tim would have done.

.....................so what?
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:11 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:
Peanut-butter Monkey wrote: As for the second idea, I doubt that's what Tim would have done.

.....................so what?

I dunno. Just sharing my interpretation of the scenario you possed, I guess.
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zithuriel on Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:16 pm

I'd pay good money to see an alternate universe where Alisin or Rumi died in the war. Rikk angst for which no cure could come! And then he could have gone on a self-damning quest to bring her back, whether it was Alisin or Rumi.
Zithuriel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:51 am

Zithuriel wrote:I'd pay good money to see an alternate universe where Alisin or Rumi died in the war. Rikk angst for which no cure could come! And then he could have gone on a self-damning quest to bring her back, whether it was Alisin or Rumi.

Oh that's easy!
Do you read It's Walky?
I think you'd like it!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Return to Fans!