Does a link exist for Graphic Smash?

Geek out, fanboy.

Does a link exist for Graphic Smash?

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:42 pm

Fans moving, Guardians starting, Jaime getting one there too. I have to know if I'll be able to afford this thing.
I love anticipation, except when I have to wait for it. -- Dusty668

ImageImageImage
KLCtheBookWorm
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:48 pm

http://www.graphicsmash.com/ (except that it doesn't work yet).
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Postby TCampbell on Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:53 pm

$2.95 a month, $29.95 a year.

The homepage will be up soon.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jamie on Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:26 pm

TCampbell wrote:$2.95 a month, $29.95 a year.

The dailies will be free, right?

;)

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TCampbell on Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:39 pm

Roight.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby LordLucan on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:29 am

T:

Are you going to maintain http://www.faans.com still?

I really prefer reading personalised frontpages rather than the Modern Tales flavour for the daily read (I'm not referring to the archives. I'm aware they need to be Modern Tales flavour)...

[Edit]
Got another question! How much of the Fans archive are you going to offer for free as a sampler? Personally I'd recommend allowing at the very least access to the whole Fandom Menace story to get them hooked. Hell, give them Most Dangerous Game too and you'll have it nailed!

Yet another question! Are the crossovers going to be kept availble to non-subscription readers? I know CRFH!!! and Its Walky! show the appropriate Fans! strips mind(damn thats a lot of exclamation marks!), but theres a lot of broken crossovers in Webcomicdom, and any move made to prevent such a disaster is always a good thing!

I'll quit yabbering now...
[/Edit]
"Beedy beedy beedy!"
- Creepy metal miget freak from Buck Rogers

Crossover searcher:-
http://juicytriangle.com/crosser/
LordLucan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TCampbell on Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:11 am

Good questions.

LordLucan wrote:Are you going to maintain http://www.faans.com still?

Yes.

LordLucan wrote:Got another question! How much of the Fans archive are you going to offer for free as a sampler? Personally I'd recommend allowing at the very least access to the whole Fandom Menace story to get them hooked. Hell, give them Most Dangerous Game too and you'll have it nailed!

The Fandom Menace storyline falls within my rule for everybody else, which is that 10% can be free as a draw. So I think we'll do that.

LordLucan wrote:Yet another question! Are the crossovers going to be kept availble to non-subscription readers? I know CRFH!!! and Its Walky! show the appropriate Fans! strips mind(damn thats a lot of exclamation marks!), but theres a lot of broken crossovers in Webcomicdom, and any move made to prevent such a disaster is always a good thing!

The crossovers will still be available to readers of CRFH and WALKY. I'll be checking David's and Maritza's versions to make sure the image links don't break when we switch over. Those crossovers have always been shared property-- both Maritza and I have sold the first one in CD form.

I know that Maritza is in the process of de-colorizing her archives, though (maintaining the color ones on CD), so one way or another, you may have to pay to get the full experience before long.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:04 pm

Well hey! It's going to be cheaper than Keenspot Premium at least!

Hey T, I guess I know why you weren't on the Keenspot panel.
Heh heh heh.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy
Tom the Fanboy
Keenspot Despot

Postby redwulf25_ci on Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:54 pm

Is that per comic or for all of them?
Martin Hall CI, PIQE: Be Virtious and Cool
Clan of the cats Geek Code
COTC+++ Arch++ Prm++++ Char++ Chelsea++ Jubal+++ Sebo+ Pst+ FA-- EI+ M++ W++ Ch- WeR--- EaR--- V--- WW+ WC- W&W++
CRFH Code v3.1 R+ D&Blue and Margret+ !WB F- PSL++[Blue or April] U !IRC RM? BSL RPG P+++ I+ E GN+ AI+
redwulf25_ci
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lordjulius on Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:12 pm

redwulf25_ci wrote:

Is that per comic or for all of them?

That's for all of 'em, dude. Which is another point in favor of subscribing. "Fans!" is worth $3/month all by itself, so look at all the comics you'll be getting free!
Lord Julius
Grandlord of Palnu
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
lordjulius
Keenspotter Supreme

Site is now online

Postby Joey Manley on Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:35 pm

Joey Manley
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Joel Fagin on Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:23 pm

'Nother question in the mix, then. I'd actually prefer to own the archives on CD rather than pay Graphic Smash - nothing against GS, mind, just a "pride of ownership" thing - so... How long until the archives become available on CD?*

- Joel Fagin

* Yes, yes. I know the first book is.
Joel Fagin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Peterman on Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:50 am

TCampbell wrote:Good questions.

LordLucan wrote:Are you going to maintain http://www.faans.com still?

Yes.

Does this mean that what remains of book three will be published on faans.com, or will it just be archives after Sep 15?

This is complete news to me; I haven't had the time to read webcomics for weeks.
Peterman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TCampbell on Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:55 am

The remains of Book Three-- which is essentially What Dreams May Come-- will be shown on http://faans.com one day at a time, but the archives will be paid.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Bobthespirit on Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:46 pm

Is there anything else on Graphic Smash worth paying for other than Faans? As Faans has now risen to my second favorite webcomic, (And I did pay $25 for Sluggy), I may actually pay for it besides being on a college student income....

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. Rip & Teri, which seems interesting from the few dailies I've seen but I haven't gotten into because I didn't want to pay for Moderntales, and several others.

Gee....I start getting into webcomics as a free time waster and now my favorite two are costing me money...
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Peanut-butter Monkey on Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:42 pm

Bobthespirit wrote:Is there anything else on Graphic Smash worth paying for other than Faans? As Faans has now risen to my second favorite webcomic, (And I did pay $25 for Sluggy), I may actually pay for it besides being on a college student income....

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. Rip & Teri, which seems interesting from the few dailies I've seen but I haven't gotten into because I didn't want to pay for Moderntales, and several others.

Gee....I start getting into webcomics as a free time waster and now my favorite two are costing me money...

To quote another webcomic (which I also started reading because it was free but I've ended up throwing 20 bucks or so at, so far) "The first one's always free :)"
Peanut-butter Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Fans!