Armored Unit Moses

From the creator of THE SUBURBAN JUNGLE!

Moderator: The Gneech

Postby GrimMalady on Sat Dec 15, 2001 9:21 am

I noticed again, while browsing the archives, that Excalibur strongly suggests that Moses was a Pendragon. I would like to add the following legend to that theory:
According to some ancient texts, as the Israelites looked at the Promised Land from across the river wossname, God sent the Angel of Death to collect Moses' soul personally. Moses, however, took exception to that, and beat the Angel of Death about the head and torso with his staff with such fury that the Angel of Death was permenantly blinded. God eventually had to come and take Moses' soul in person - but even God brought two Archangels (Gabriel and Uriel, according to most accounts) for, er, moral support.
If all the Pendragons were that badass, no wonder Abyss tries to take 'em out while they're young.<P>------------------
I have a Ph.D in catgirl research. No, really. I spend nearly every free minute on heavy... uh, research.
Jingle Cats? Sheesh. Tell the fire fairy I said hi.
GrimMalady
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Going to and fro on the earth, and walking back and forth on it.

Postby LevelHead on Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrimMalady:
<B>I noticed again, while browsing the archives, that Excalibur strongly suggests that Moses was a Pendragon. I would like to add the following legend to that theory:
According to some ancient texts, as the Israelites looked at the Promised Land from across the river wossname, God sent the Angel of Death to collect Moses' soul personally. Moses, however, took exception to that, and beat the Angel of Death about the head and torso with his staff with such fury that the Angel of Death was permenantly blinded. God eventually had to come and take Moses' soul in person - but even God brought two Archangels (Gabriel and Uriel, according to most accounts) for, er, moral support.
If all the Pendragons were that badass, no wonder Abyss tries to take 'em out while they're young.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I pondered your writing, and had never heard the expression "the river wossname" before.<P>This lead me on an interesting voyage and brief immersion into "Discworld" -- fascinating stuff.<P>Back to your topic: To a certain extent, young master Arthur, with your commentary, reminds me of ten-year-old Gavroth in "Les Miserables":<P>"...So never kick a dog
Because he's just a pup.
We'll fight like twenty armies
And we won't - give - up,
So you'd better run for cover
When the pup - grows - UP!"<P>Thanks for the entertainment, and may you never lose your, ah, "really big towel."<P>===|==============/ Level Head
LevelHead
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Gneech on Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:05 am

Well, they have to be badass, don't they? Death, entropy, and the forces of evil aren't generally impressed by hunger strikes and peace marches...<P> -The Gneech ("Mind you, Moses was _particularly_ badass...")
<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.suburbanjungle.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.suburbanjungle.com</A> - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger<P>http://www.mopsy.com - NeverNever is back!<P>"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world and then goes home cryin' to his momma!" -Mr. T
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby LevelHead on Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Gneech:
<B>Well, they have to be badass, don't they? Death, entropy, and the forces of evil aren't generally impressed by hunger strikes and peace marches...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Indeed. "Why can't we just get along" is not effective when dealing with someone who thinks that your very existance defiles their world, or is willing to say so for the gain of power through hatred. <P>Might doesn't decide who's right -- but it often determines who's left.<P><P>------------------

===|==============/ Level Head
LevelHead
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TKarrde98 on Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Back to your topic: To a certain extent, young master Arthur, with your commentary, reminds me of ten-year-old Gavroth in "Les Miserables"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, Gavroche! One of my heroes from the unabridged Les Miserables published by Signet Classics. Hugo does quite a bit to develop this young skalawag that is horribly missing from the Musical. For instance, Thenardier kicked him out of the house when he was five years old to live as a street urchin, and now he "lives" inside a more-than-life-sized statue of an elephant near the Bastille. He's a tough little brat, but I certainly hope Arthur isn't like him. After Eponine, he's the first to die on the barricade. I almost cried when I read it.
TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby LevelHead on Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:59 am

Hello, friend Talon,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TKarrde98:
<B> Ah, Gavroche! ...Hugo does quite a bit to develop this young skalawag that is horribly missing from the Musical.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The family relationship of Gavroche and Thenardier is missed completely. But his character is a good one, and his part is noble and memorable.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>He's a tough little brat, but I certainly hope Arthur isn't like him. After Eponine, he's the first to die on the barricade. I almost cried when I read it.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're awfully sentimental about these things. You must be a male, like me. {g}<P>Anyone who believes that thinking and sentiment don't mix is missing some of the best of life, in my opinion.<P>To Arthur: Well, we know what the track record is for past Pendragons: "alienation and betrayal, leaving him a heartbroken, self-deluding autocrat, dying like a dog on the battlefield."<P>But it seemed that the forces of good have not been aligned quite this way before.
Mopsy, for example, knows what a Pendragon IS, but she gives no indication of any past personal involvement. In fact, the High Warren treated the subject as precedent-setting -- they knew what the rules were, but apparently the idea of a Pendragon actually under a Pooka's protection was new.<P>We have seen Goblins using headsets for communication, the Pendragon wielding a high-voltage stunner to good effect, and bulldozers commandeered as engines of war.<P>THIS Pendragon, and THIS war, will be unlike anything in the participants' past experience, and what seemed to be destiny will surprise all, even, I suspect, The Gneech.<P>Sorry about the mistype of Gavroche; a spell checker here would be a nice touch. {g}<P>===|==============/ Level Head<p>[This message has been edited by LevelHead (edited 12-17-2001).]
LevelHead
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Literature on Wed Dec 19, 2001 10:11 am

Catching "Gavroche" would take an unusual spell checker, indeed. :-D
Literature
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Never Never