A very warm welcome to all the new people!

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. World stands for... World. It's RPG World, baby!

Moderator: Ian J!

Postby KellKatta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

I don't do sports. Read any good books lately?
KellKatta
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Not really... I read the Dragonlance Chronicals about 2-3 weeks back, but that's all.

P.S. I wasn't talking about sports. I was asking about the golddiggers of 1849.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KellKatta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:40 pm

My bad. Dragonlance? I remember seeing it in the library a while back. I haven't read anything as of late, unless you count fanfiction. =/
KellKatta
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:43 pm

I don't.

I've been wanting to write in my story more... but I need to completely change the way it starts out... and I suck at writing too much to understand how to make it make sense...
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KellKatta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Post then, if anything you'll get honest constructive critisicm here. I don't think any of us sugarcoat anything
KellKatta
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:49 pm

I HAVE posted it, that's why I need to re-write it.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KellKatta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Well shit. Sorry then. My memory's terrible. xD

Well, I'm off to play Sims2 till 3 in the morning and sleep if the insomnia dies down. u.u
KellKatta
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:55 pm

the sims... You're a fag of woman... les sounds hot... so you're not that. you're just a womfag
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vex Wolf on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:59 pm

*sighs* KellKatta you have proven yourself to still be a n00b of massive failure.

Huzzah: http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=91021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340

Not really... I read the Dragonlance Chronicals about 2-3 weeks back, but that's all.

... you do realize the dragonlance chronicals are kid's book right? You want to read a book with dragons that doesn't end after a measly two hundred pages? Read Joust, Dragon's Blood, or Elven Bane.

Also I wouldn't call me a fag humping fox when any well-drawn dragon will set off that trigger finger private. March on soldier, either read a decent book or give your wife a night she'll never forget... until your horny again :wink:
Vex Wolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:06 pm

Book 1 - 439 pages
Book 2 - 395 pages
Book 3 - 380 pages
-----------------------
Total - 1214 pages

What was that about 200 pages?
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vex Wolf on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:10 pm

Not to mention double spaced and large font, I just see a medium sized flimsy paper back and naturally assume they also skimped on the pages. But... While I truly do think their far to small, the one I read I'll admit wasn't bad, even if the tomboy princess was rather predictable.
Vex Wolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm

What tomboy princess... the elf? or goldmoon.

Also, it's not double spaced, and that font looks 12 to me. But you keep telling yourself it's a childrens book... I'm not going to challenge you...

Hell... if you're right, then I have this to say...

It's a pretty damn good story for adults... so I take it, it's a fucking excellent story for a children's book.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vex Wolf on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:26 pm

*shrugs* I found it in the children to young adult section, so it might have been a librarey fuck up. I never really got into the series, even though I did like the one I read. I just felt like pointing out every little mistake to be an asshole ^^

Anyway it was GoldMoon. Still I would read Joust or Dragon's Blood if I were you, most awesome series. ElvenBane was a little long winded but it kept my interest to, seriously seriouly look into them if your ever at the librarey
Vex Wolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby gurshu12 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:33 pm

*coughs* Er...Vex...Dragon's Blood is a kid's book too...

Well...5th grade demographic...

I don't care what a book's demographic is aimed at, as long as the story is written well. I'm still a Redwall fan, read all the books up till three or so years ago. And that's a lot of fucking books.

Like 14 or something.

I enjoyed Young Merlin series...where, yes, dragons are involved...

Anyway, yeah. Dragons Blood. Read both of them...I think there's only two. Dragons Blood = 1
Heart's Blood = 2.

(Upon further research I just found out it's a trilogy...time to find book 3...)
Masteroftheweb wrote:
ChibiNekoBoy wrote:People will always hate you for something

And here, we'll hate you for nothing.
gurshu12
Keenspot Despot

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:35 pm

book stores... and the books themselves, (the top of the spine of the book) list them as fantasy.

and I might look into those books... but I've got 9 others I need to read to complete the dragonlance saga... at least THAT part of it... there are well over a 100 dragonlance books. I'm not worried about most of them.

Goldmoon was a barbarian though... I wouldn't call her a princess.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gurshu12 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 pm

The Dragon's Blood trilogy isn't epic fantasy bullshit that I'm so tired of finding in the local bookstores. It's actually kind of...uh...post apocalyptic futuristic but not really... on some other planet?

I don't know. It's hard to explain. But I enjoyed it a lot, used to be my favorite series. You should look into it.

Edit: Unless you were talking about this little number Vex. If that's the case then I've never read it.
Masteroftheweb wrote:

gurshu12
Keenspot Despot

Postby Vex Wolf on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm

*nods* I read the three book series in seventh grade, but I found it in the adult section. I was (and still am) the world's biggest nerd and was reading a new book every day from the adult section since I hit twelve.

Dragon's Blood really isn't that kiddish though, especially later. Since you havn't read the last one lets just say it gets quite a bit more gory

As for dragon lance I've been doing some searching... I may have not have only gotten the princess's name mixed up, but have been reading an entirely different series. There seems to be evidence of a 'junior' dragonlance series for ages 10-13. Whoops. <.<

My friend keeps telling me to read the young merlin series, is it any good?
Vex Wolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby .oni. on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm

May i make a suggestion?

If your looking for a good fantasy book, "The Incarnations Of Immortality" are really good. (By: Pierce Anthony)

My fav. series.
.oni.
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm

I was talkign about Dragonlance

But I just got through readin about dragons blood... a planet where dragons are like cattle/fight dogs.

I'd also like to clear the record, cause I know you fucktards think this... but I did not pick up dragonlance because of dragons... I was actually surprised that there were dragons in the books, in the first dragonlance book I ever read. Dragons had been banished from the world, and that book took place some 1400 years before the chronicals. And within the first few pages, they mentioned how dragons were a thing of legends. Not real.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gurshu12 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:50 pm

Vex Wolf wrote:My friend keeps telling me to read the young merlin series, is it any good?

Definitely. They're easy to read without names like "Azergonianth" plastered all around yet it's kind of too mature some times for young adults. I only read the third, fourth, and fifth book but apparently 1 and 2 are really good too.

I enjoyed them a lot, so...I would suggest it from one nerd to the other.
Masteroftheweb wrote:

gurshu12
Keenspot Despot

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:54 pm

What this jr dragonlance...?

Is it an abridged version? or different stories all together...

Dragonlance has it's far share of death and destruction, blood and gore... made me wonder how it could be misplaced in a child section at all.

Edit:

why the fuck does dragons of pern sound so familiar
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vex Wolf on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Oni wins a small amount of w1n as Pierce Anthony's Xanth series is fucking awesome.

But yes I think I'll try the Merlin series then, though right now I have nineteen items check out from the library after adding up all my manga, books, and the two anime discs I got O_0;;

I can understand your point though MotW. We know your interested in more parts of fantasy than dragons. It's kind of hard not to assume your main interest in fantasy is dragons though when you often proclaim yourself the dragon guy and demand a draconic avatar or role as often as you can.
Vex Wolf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby .oni. on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:01 pm

Vex Wolf wrote:Oni wins a small amount of w1n as Pierce Anthony's Xanth series is fucking awesome.

FINALLY SOMEONE ELLS THAT KNOWS HIM!

Edit: (if you liked xanith then you'd probably love the Incarnations Of Immortality, try them)
.oni.
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Masteroftheweb on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:03 pm

It's cause I love dragons.... I mean hell, my first D&D character was a dragon (god that DM sucked)

But there are many elements to fantasy that I love... those same elements can be found in sci-fi... though they come up in different ways... I mean hell, I loved the predator books I read. I do love that I have the chance to encounter dragons in my books though, but I'm not really dissapointed when one doesn't show... well... I'm not if the story is good.

P.S. Oni fails for listing off a series that sounds like it's about vampire.
Masteroftheweb
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby .oni. on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Oh no vampires MotW, It's about people assuming the jobs of entities such as Death, Fate, Time, Nature, War, Evil and good.

It's really good.
.oni.
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to RPG World