Holy wow like wiigii...

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

Holy wow like wiigii...

Postby Adarael on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:52 am

So, for years now, I've been seeing this strip named 'It's Walky' on my keenspot bar. I've ignored it. I've come here and there, and I saw a strip once (at random) that had Walky, Dina, and Joyce in a bar getting drunk.

'Ho hum,' I said, 'I don't believe I'll read it.'

So the today I clicked a link and ended up at It's Walky/Roomies. Being bored out of my skull, I decided to read the comic. I started a ways back and kept going...

...and just finished now. Several hours later. Oh holy god, that was an awesome comic, for it's run.

Thank you, David Willis. Thank you for making something really goddamn awesome. It seriously blew my mind, completely and utterly.
-Adarael, Patron Angel of Tuesday
"There exists no strange beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon
Adarael
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:20 am

I did the same thing, and then again with Melonpool, CRFH and Wapsi Square. And who knows how many of the 150+ comics on my waiting list...

Anyway, stick around for Willis' next project.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby whonow on Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:51 pm

Yeah, it seems I've read a million comics that way...
And it seems I have another trillion to go.
My brain is happily overloaded with awesomeness. Or wiigiity? I am the nouninator!
Y0U DR0PPED Y0UR PANCAKE, Z|GG|T!!!
whonow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DaFalcon on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:06 pm

That is what happened to me and Roomies, soon before it ended. Then it ended, and It's Walky! started ... and it didn't click for me. I wanted Danny, and Joe ... (*not like that*) ... from time to time I stopped by and read a week's worth of strips, but it didn't do anything for me like that. I noticed the Roomies book for sale, and I bought it, and when it arrived (last week), I read it and remembered how much I liked Roomies, and there was al this extra stuff about DW's plans for the comic and how Jason and everyone fit in with his "next big project" (it's Walky) ... Soooo I finally decided to give it another try, and so I started with year zero again and spent the next two days reading the whole damn thing. And it is indeed completely awesome. Just wow. I want more!!" ... I am sorry I was too bitter about Roomies to give IW a fair chance :( But thank goodness for archives! And limited prints, so I can send some monetary thanks DW's way and still feel I'm getting the better end of the deal :-)
DaFalcon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Vaughner on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:27 pm

DaFalcon wrote:That is what happened to me and Roomies, soon before it ended. Then it ended, and It's Walky! started ... and it didn't click for me. I wanted Danny, and Joe ... (*not like that*) ... from time to time I stopped by and read a week's worth of strips, but it didn't do anything for me like that. I noticed the Roomies book for sale, and I bought it, and when it arrived (last week), I read it and remembered how much I liked Roomies, and there was al this extra stuff about DW's plans for the comic and how Jason and everyone fit in with his "next big project" (it's Walky) ... Soooo I finally decided to give it another try, and so I started with year zero again and spent the next two days reading the whole damn thing. And it is indeed completely awesome. Just wow. I want more!!" ... I am sorry I was too bitter about Roomies to give IW a fair chance :( But thank goodness for archives! And limited prints, so I can send some monetary thanks DW's way and still feel I'm getting the better end of the deal :-)

How'd you like seeing Danny and Joe (especially Joe) finally return?
"Drew's no racist! He's hit on and been rejected by women of every race, creed and color!"

- The Drew Carey Show
Vaughner
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to It's Walky!