Roomies Book 1 just arrived. I *need* the next one too...

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

Roomies Book 1 just arrived. I *need* the next one too...

Postby Lothos on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:22 pm

I love this book, it was so thoroughly worth it.

I'd missed so many things reading the archives way back when. Like Jason's first arrival and other such important content.

I also found that I'd forgotten just how funny Roomies was, and its even better when you have all the strips bundled together with no load times and on actual Treeware. I also found the commentary to be a) Damned interesting, b) Very funny, c) Unintrustive, even for anyone who hasn't read the sequence before.

Plus, having the individual Roomies comics inserted into the sequence was great. For some reason I'd forgotten that was going to happen, so it was a neat surprise.

However, the book is seriously flawed. I've finished reading it and need the next one. My survival depends on it.

*pause*

Reality is clearly conspiring to drive me to madness.

But seriously folks, any idea when Roomies Book 2 will be out? I'm buying one. Gimme gimme gimme.

Lothos.
Lothos
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Oh yeah.

Postby Lothos on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:30 pm

And that's when I forget that Book 1 just came out in September, meaning that Book 2 is a while away.

This is what I get for being behind current events. I assume anything cool that I find has been out forever.

Ah well.

The question still stands, but I'm more prepared for Our Beloved Willis to look startled and say "Damned if I know."

Lothos
Lothos
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Walky on Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:24 am

After IW! ends, I'll have more time to devote myself to Book 2. Which includes drawing the conclusion to the Ruth Story that capped off the first book, and also rescanning/recoloring the old strips for print. Dunno how long that'll take. We'll see. Once we get to the Melonpool crossover, where I started to finally have disk space to archive print-ready versions of the strips, the process will be much quicker.
Walky
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lothos on Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:19 pm

Thanks!

Good to know, I'll definitely snaffle a copy.

Production values on the first book were great. Regarding the possibility of IW! books, there's a note somewhere about problems printing in colour. That's unfortunate because the colour work in IW is so well done. Heh.

It's probably already come up somewhere, but it might be cheaper to release CDs of the comic like Maritza Campos has with CRFH. Of course, that might have its own problems, but the image quality is superb. The other bonus would be that it's no more expensive to release colour than it is greyscale.

At any rate, IW collections are also going to be bought when you eventually get around to them in whatever format you produce them in.

Lothos.
Lothos
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to It's Walky!