[June 10th] "Mary's Skull"

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

[June 10th] "Mary's Skull"

Postby DarkBryy on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:01 pm

Well, color me stupid.
Billie's helping, and in a very big, Un-Billie way. The line also brings out more character, as well.

It will be interesting to see if she misses. With Willis, it could be either way. Very awesome last panel.
http://leftyfilms.com - i tend to make films with a camera.
DarkBryy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nick 101 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am

Any chance the antidote will go into Sal rather than Beef? Place your bets quickly before the next update.
AKA - NinjaNick, Proud Member and Head Ninja of the People Who Hate People Club!
My Livejournal - my DA gallery
Nick 101
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sidhekin on Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:47 pm

Nick 101 wrote:Any chance the antidote will go into Sal rather than Beef? Place your bets quickly before the next update.

If Willis wanted to surprise us, Tony would get the antidote. Or Jason. Or Joyce. :-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Sidhekin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Walky on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:15 pm

Or Mary!

Ha ha, and you thought Billie was being figurative!
Walky
Keenspot Despot

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:38 am

Walky wrote:Ha ha, and you thought Billie was being figurative!

No, we thought she was being decorative.
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBryy on Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:35 pm

Me making a new thread about today's would seem.... impolite.

I must say that, if Beef is indeed a double agent, then it does not come as a shock. Then again, it could just be his double-thick hide.
Is this the return of Dargon?
DarkBryy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:26 pm

I'd say it's the hide. If bullets can't get through, it seems doubtful that a needlegun designed for use against regular humans would work.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkBryy on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:44 pm

I am intruiged as to the secret Dargon has as to make everyone stop in their boots. From Billie and Joyce's reactions, I am guessing that it is a dead Danny. A very dead Danny.
DarkBryy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:36 am

I think Joyce would be a little more dismayed if it were a dead Danny... and Billie would probably be much louder.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stormwalker628 on Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:15 am

DarkBryy wrote:I am intruiged as to the secret Dargon has as to make everyone stop in their boots. From Billie and Joyce's reactions, I am guessing that it is a dead Danny. A very dead Danny.

It could also be something simple, like Bart O'Ryan standing next to Dargon in a Brittish Ninja uniform. But it's probabaly something completly off the wall, like Howard.
Note to self: never ask the pet store clerk for feeder kittens again.
Stormwalker628
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Vaughner on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:45 pm

DarkBryy wrote:I am intruiged as to the secret Dargon has as to make everyone stop in their boots. From Billie and Joyce's reactions, I am guessing that it is a dead Danny. A very dead Danny.

Stormwalker628 wrote:

It could also be something simple, like Bart O'Ryan standing next to Dargon in a Brittish Ninja uniform. But it's probabaly something completly off the wall, like Howard.

. . . and Dargon's able to do all this, even with three bullets in his rotting corpse; amazing! :roll:
"Drew's no racist! He's hit on and been rejected by women of every race, creed and color!"

- The Drew Carey Show
Vaughner
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stormwalker628 on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:20 pm

I saw no corpse. I only saw Penny start shooting. How do we know who or what she hit and what damage she did.
Stormwalker628
Junior Keenspotter

Postby silent watcher on Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:13 pm

Stormwalker628 wrote:I saw no corpse. I only saw Penny start shooting. How do we know who or what she hit and what damage she did.

Ok, this is where reality steps in, suspension of disbelief shuts off and contrivance fails. Yeah, we didn't see Dargon die; neither did we see Sal's adopted parents die either. For all we know, they escaped from that truck before it exploded. And those bodies in the tubes were just incredibly realistic fakes. And Big Boss I never died either; it was a prosthetic body made out of papier-mache the Doc whipped up. He also made one for himself, which is why the Doc is still alive and Beef simply snapped the neck of the decoy. Which had a voicebox. And eyebrows. Moving ones.

No, we didn't see Dargon's body crumple as the bullets pounded through his body; nor did we see his eyes dim and his arms jerk with every shot. Maybe he didn't die after all, but what's more likely is that Willis considered the expression on Penny's face to be better for the scene rather than the body of a man we'd only seen in one comic before.

And besides, it doesn't really make sense unless Dargon was dead.

Wednesday's comic disproves your conspiracy theory anyway. It's Penny again (I would have thought this to be more expected, since she did disappear at a crucial moment and was more likely to turn up again than a rotting corpse) and no, it's not anything as predictable as a dead Danny or Howie (the latter makes completely no sense in this context beyond random humor; why would Willis choose to use weak, pointless random humor in such a serious moment?). It's Sal's old jacket. Now, I know someone out there's gonna complain, but I actually like this better than a dead body or some-such. Because Sal's jacket is incredibly powerful as a symbol and thus means more than just the dead body of anyone (at least, it should mean more).
"I can smell the sea."
- Majiir Paktu, Homeworld.
silent watcher
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:56 pm

Walky and Joyce's reaction from the previous day now seems exaggerated though. Maybe they were just shocked that she managed to find an eye patch so fast, or that so much blood was leaking out at all.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Parker on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Since when did Penny lose an eye? Did Walky's punch really do that much damage?
Parker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Walky on Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:41 am

Ringading wrote:Walky and Joyce's reaction from the previous day now seems exaggerated though

Dude, Beef just killed Guns.
Walky
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ambi on Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:44 am

Miss Pennyworth is about to tell that without the Brits Linda would've never been blamed for the genocide of the Martians, never went insane, and never would have done the baby switch, and Beef would have had a normal life as Steven Walters, with his parents still alive.

Does that strikes you as remarkable stupid of her, too?
Ce mobol nyumja cho julpmoais, quo cgyura sum hyumja u quui
umja mechot rucgec helobol, obom serja mebonvol luyum

ImageImageImageImageImage
Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies
Or maybe midgets
Ambi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stormwalker628 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:20 am

Well, she just (likely) lost her eye, was almost used as a human football by Walky and Joyce and had most of her command taken out by someone that was supposed to have been detained in New York.

She might not be thinking at 100%.

Of course, hey, pissing everyone off might be her plan. I stopped trying to guess what is going to hapen next a long time ago.
Stormwalker628
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:46 am

Walky wrote:Dude, Beef just killed Guns.

Oh... I guess I overestimated her ability to withstand that blow. Not to mention her ability to do without a quarter her body mass of red muck.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Vaughner on Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:35 pm

Stormwalker628 wrote:Well, she just (likely) lost her eye, was almost used as a human football by Walky and Joyce and had most of her command taken out by someone that was supposed to have been detained in New York.

Of course, hey, pissing everyone off might be her plan. I stopped trying to guess what is going to hapen next a long time ago.

Can you at least admit Dargon is dead?
"Drew's no racist! He's hit on and been rejected by women of every race, creed and color!"

- The Drew Carey Show
Vaughner
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stormwalker628 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Vaughner wrote:
Stormwalker628 wrote:Well, she just (likely) lost her eye, was almost used as a human football by Walky and Joyce and had most of her command taken out by someone that was supposed to have been detained in New York.

While evidence would certainly point that way... Tony was dead too. I admit nothing unless I have to.

(Actually, I do think he's dead now, but I'm also a rotten fortune teller.)
Stormwalker628
Junior Keenspotter

Postby DarkBryy on Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:56 pm

Vaughner wrote:

I... I don't understand. We're simply stating one opinion. It's not we're going to war over it.
DarkBryy
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to It's Walky!