(01/28) Dina denied!

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

(01/28) Dina denied!

Postby bunnyThor on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:54 pm

It's interesting . . . though Walky might be defeatist about saving the world, or himself, or Joyce, I get the feeling that he would strive to succeed with all of his might if Dina were still alive. Were Dina still alive, the whole battle for him would hinge on protecting her at all costs.

Of course, the ironic thing is, if Dina really were still alive, he'd be ignoring her like he did before. Walky seems to grow quickly unsatisfied with what he has and always pines for what he doesn't have. I know we all do that from time to time, be he seems to have built his life around it. What a nasty thing to do to oneself. :(
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sabin_XIII on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:06 pm

Walky has indeed made himself into a hollow shell of a man. There shall be no solid chocolate Easter Walkies this year. Cuz he's all hollow inside.

I'd say today's comic proves that Dina is not the Cheese, in any case.
Sabin_XIII
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ringading on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:34 pm

No it doesn't. Joe could be telling the truth when he says that he doesn't know who the Cheese is.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sabin_XIII on Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:04 pm

Ringading wrote:No it doesn't. Joe could be telling the truth when he says that he doesn't know who the Cheese is.

That's not what I mean. I mean that it has now been speculated within the comic itself that the Cheese might be Dina, so in order for the Cheese revelation to be surprising it can't be Dina. It's like how Joe thought the R stood for Robin? And it didn't?

Of course, now that DW has used this technique once, it might be more surprising if the Cheese was Dina.

What was I talking about?
Sabin_XIII
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MarkusN on Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:22 am

Heh! Joe looking all guilt-trippy around Walky. And Walky drawing all the wrong conclusions. I see twistyness ahead.

Hey, what if the Cheese is Agnes?
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Volkai on Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:08 am

What if the Cheese is Ruth?
-Volkai
ImageImage
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny

"Isn't this Taco Bell?" -Dina
"It's cheaper than food!" -Walky
Volkai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Paul Ganssle on Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:27 pm

The cheese is obviously John Laroquette. Jeeze, you guys are pretty damn thick, seems obvious to me.
Paul Ganssle
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bunnyThor on Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:17 pm

Cheese is Christ.

Say it fast and you'll understand the underlying truth.
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby JimmyRei1000 on Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:04 pm

Isnt that kinda like saying Hastur really fast?

Although I get the joke. =P

But we all know The Cheese can only be one Person

Fact:The Cheese showed up first Oct 23rd (Scary, thats' my Birthday..) 2000, Well before Dina was ever brought into the story, Big Boss Original died, or Hooper became a mindless Zombie.

While ruth -did- die one March 19th, 1999, The first contact between HA And The Cheese we see seems to suggest they have known one another for much much longer.

So - whom do we seek?

We may never know.

Prehaps he is the Sole Surviving Martian from the earth colony, inside of an ultra-experimental power-suit capable of challanging the PBR.

Prehaps he is GWB, out to destroy us all...

Or prehaps...naaaaah, that's way too unlikely.

;)
JimmyRei1000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TheNovak on Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:22 am

The Cheese is Danny! Danny, I say! I don't care if they showed up in the same strip at the same time...it's still Danny! And screw Joe's explanation...*that's* why Danny didn't glow.

I'll stick to it until Cheese is revealed as the Dust Bunny or somethin' :D
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy." -- Edgar Bergen
TheNovak
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TacoMan on Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:10 pm

Sabin_XIII wrote:Walky has indeed made himself into a hollow shell of a man. There shall be no solid chocolate Easter Walkies this year. Cuz he's all hollow inside.

Of course, that won't stop you from starting in and biting his head off.
TacoMan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Hidoshi on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:08 am

Walky's probably really reaching, considering that from what we've seen, the Cheese and Dina are, well... Wildly different. The Cheese is philosophical and well... Kinda predates Dina. Not only that, but it's a stretch to think that a human would become a "Cheese" after death. I mean it's possible, but highly unlikely. After all, Tony Jr. died and came back without becoming a Cheese. Then of course, that may hint that the way fate works is selective, rather than automatic. People don't necessarily go to Heaven just because, and they don't necessarily go this place or that place just because. It may wholly depend on circumstances.

If say, it was fate that Tony Jr. would be resurrected, then it would have been a waste of energy in the universe to send him anywhere save a period of limbo. After all, to be fate, a thing, if you could call it that, would have to have universal perception, which includes compensating for all possible temporal motion.

Yes, I'm reading way too into this, so I'll get back to the point.

It may be that a certain person could become the Cheese, given sufficient awareness. The Cheese's line about identity is probably what put it in Walky's head that it could be Dina, but because the Cheese existed before Dina, it's more like that it was the reverse. That perhaps Dina was an extension of the Cheese, used as a catalyst for events.

That would be Dina didn't /become/ the Cheese, but the Cheese created Dina to begin with!

Whee.

Edit: Oh and as to the Ruth thing, I'd say it would have to be largely the same as Dina's story, rather than the other way around since the Cheese predates Ruth as well. See Jason's backstory.
Hidoshi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:58 pm

Hidoshi wrote:It may be that a certain person could become the Cheese, given sufficient awareness. The Cheese's line about identity is probably what put it in Walky's head that it could be Dina, but because the Cheese existed before Dina, it's more like that it was the reverse. That perhaps Dina was an extension of the Cheese, used as a catalyst for events.

That would be Dina didn't /become/ the Cheese, but the Cheese created Dina to begin with!

But it's possible that the Cheese has been formed some time in the future and then sent back to keep the order... as Walky said, it could be somebody dead, or somebody who isn't dead yet. And it's not that somebody dies and then becomes the Cheese, but they probably put somebody dying or dead inside a lifeforce support mechanism, possibly even some variation on the resurrection chamber. So it's not like Dina became the Cheese because of her awareness, but rather somebody made the suit for her (or will at some time in the future).
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Return to It's Walky!