Just random Monkey Master thoughts.

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

Postby Lemur Leige on Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:11 am

Any bets as to when the Master will storm SEEMF and make an All Your Base joke?<P>And when will we some more named Aliens?<P>Oh, and Roomies wasn't all that good. It's Walky is much better. <P>The Adventures of the Power Booster Rod would rule, too.<P>------------------
Live, and the world lives with you. Die, and you die alone.
Lemur Leige
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Brian on Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:56 am

Well Lemur, the message board RPG IS pretty much the adventures of the power booster rod.<P>As for It's Walky being better than Roomies, I advise you run for the hills before the Roomies Purists tar and feather ya's. RUN I SAYS!<P>------------------
Brad: I'm the only person in this universe not covered in fur. What am I supposed to do?<P>Natalie: I dunno. Take a bath in Rogain?
<A HREF="http://furwillfly.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://furwillfly.keenspace.com</A>
Brian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lemur Leige on Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:56 am

Roomies purists, huh? They can bite every inch of me.<P>And, sorry. What I've seen of the RPG is not to my liking. (I.e. poorly-written.)<P>Bwa. <P>Put that in your cup and drink it.<P>------------------
Live, and the world lives with you. Die, and you die alone.
Lemur Leige
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheGeneral on Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lemur Leige:
<B>And, sorry. What I've seen of the RPG is not to my liking. (I.e. poorly-written.)<P>Bwa. <P>Put that in your cup and drink it.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree. That's what happens when a dozen people write the same story without discussing it in length beforehand. We try, though.
TheGeneral
Keenspot Despot

Postby zorak81 on Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian:
<B>Well Lemur, the message board RPG IS pretty much the adventures of the power booster rod.<P>As for It's Walky being better than Roomies, I advise you run for the hills before the Roomies Purists tar and feather ya's. RUN I SAYS!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Ah, yes. The great Walky v. Roomies Debate. The Lincoln-Douglas debates pale in comparison
Anyhow, just to show LL he's not alone, I find myself prefering "Walky" to "Roomies". 'Course, that's likley because I came in when "Walky" was well into its run, during the "Melonpool" x-over. As a result, I only read "Roomies" via archives, and so never had the experience of "meeting" the characters firsthand or experiencing plot twists in the same way vetrans did. I wager that if David decided to end "Walky" and begin another comic set in the same universe, I probably wouldn't like it as much as "Walky".
Make no mistake, I like "Roomies", and think DW is a darned good writer no matter what the setting. I just prefer experiencing things firsthand rather than via archive.
zorak81
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby K. Ivan Ruppert on Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:12 am

Actually, I'm not sure which I preferr these days. I like 'em both. Sure I came in during Walky, but I always read archives in their entirety before I insert a comic into my daily routine, so I sorta read all the comics in the same basic way the longtermers did, except with less time between most of the strips. <P>-K<P>------------------
"Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
K. Ivan Ruppert
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Brian on Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:06 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lemur Leige:
<B>Roomies purists, huh? They can bite every inch of me.<P>And, sorry. What I've seen of the RPG is not to my liking. (I.e. poorly-written.)<P>Bwa. <P>Put that in your cup and drink it.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Brian casually walks up to Lemur, pulls his shirt over his head, kicks him the crotch, and walks away whistling.<P><P>------------------
Brad: I'm the only person in this universe not covered in fur. What am I supposed to do?<P>Natalie: I dunno. Take a bath in Rogain?
<A HREF="http://furwillfly.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://furwillfly.keenspace.com</A>
Brian
Keenspot Despot

Postby coldacid 1 on Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:20 am

Roomies is great, but so is It's Walky. I can't decide. But I'd love to see more Roomies, and soon.<P>And yeah, the RPG thread isn't too well written, as compared to some fan fiction I've seen for other comics. Not that there's a problem with that - I've seen much, much worse.<P>I guess I just wanted to post. You can kick me now.
<P>------------------
coldacid < <A HREF="mailto:coldacid@meldstar.com">coldacid@meldstar.com</A> >
<A HREF="http://www.meldstar.com/~ccharabaruk/" TARGET=_blank>the icepit</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People imagine that they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each other by." - Franz Schubert<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
coldacid 1
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jason [Lord Roberts] on Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:24 am

Alright, so maybe I CAN'T write well! You try writing with about six other people while trying to reveal as little plot as possible in the meantime!<P>
It'd probably be best if, after all this, one of us rewrites it into one big story that's a little more continuous =P
Jason [Lord Roberts]
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brian on Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:35 am

The thing is, the RPG is not a fan fic, it's a game. Each person writes their own character's perspective in their own style. If it doesn't seem "well written" that's because we're not writing a story, we're playing a game.<P>That's how I see it, anyway.<P>And no hard feelings, Lemur. For a simian you seem like an upright fellow.<P>------------------
Brian
Keenspot Despot

Postby ScaryPenguin on Tue Oct 23, 2001 9:54 am

Heh. If you want to see why the RPG isn't "good fiction," go over to the RPG Tech Threads and read some of the... uh... disagreements we've had. Yeah. And the conflicts of interest. We had a good one two days ago. A-yup.

If we could get it all written out coherantly, that'd rule. I'd be willingto try, no promises on end result. I'd vote for Jason or Shard doing it, personally, on the basis of writing style and descriptive ability.
ScaryPenguin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to It's Walky!