Issues for the Conclave (8-26-07)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Issues for the Conclave (8-26-07)

Postby Jamie on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:55 am

Hopefully within the next month or so the Knights of the Order of Jubal will be able to have its first conclave in several years. Presently, there are several issues we need to tackle and while the conclave will only consist of existing Knights, I want the Order as a whole to have a say. Therefore I'm posting some key questions and issues the Knights should discuss.

The following questions are fundamental to the Order. In other words, most all further discussion depends on the answer of these two key questions.

1. Do we really want to restart/continue the KOJ?
2. If so, where do we go from here? What exactly to we want to accomplish with the KOJ?

Assuming the answer to #1 is yes, here are some other issues to consider. Some are more clerical in nature, but no less important.

1. We need a main communications hub. The Keenspot forums have served this purpose for years with the Yahoo Club serving as a secondary hub for more philosophical discussions. In an attempt to revive the Order I created a KOJ facebook and Livejournal. Should we keep the Keenspot forum as the main communications hub, move it to one of the new locations or create a new central forum?

2. Should inactive CIs and KIs be removed from the KOJ roster?

3. The elevation of Companions to Knighthood and beyond. I'm not sure if we ever came up with a fair and concrete system for elevating a CI to a KI. Should elevation be based on deeds, reputation, character, how they help the Order or all of the above? I do recall that our main problem was the burden of proof. How do we know this person is of good character, etc? Nevertheless a fair and workable system must be put in place.

4. Should we draft a constitution? In other words, should we have one specific page where we simply list all the rules and principles of the Order?

5. Do we need a Myspace account? I'll refrain from giving out my personal opinion on Myspace and just say that its power to reach people is unmatched by any other social network.

6. The elevation of current members to higher rank within the Order. I feel there are certain members of the Order who need to be recognized, CIs as well as KIs.

7. Cells within the Order. One of the core problems of the Order was how does it effect real life? Right before things kind of crashed the idea of Cells came into being. The idea, originally proposed by Rei, had cells being separate entities made of Companions within a local area effecting their community in some positive way. The idea is just and profound and workable, but it is also difficult. The truth of the matter is that promoting principles of any kind on the internet is easy, but in the real world it becomes a challenge. Therefore this question needs to be asked. Should we effect real life or do we want to remain a virtual community that simply upholds our principles by our own private acts? I think we can achieve both, but as it has been said, it's tough in the real world. For a overview on the whole matter of KOJ Cells, please see this thread in the KOJ Keenspot forums.

8. Finally, if anyone else has any questions or issues which need to be raised, please let me know.

And that's it. Thanks and take care,

(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Issues for the Conclave (8-26-07)

Postby J'Bar, CI on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Whats the status of the order
When The Coyote Dreams
Anything can happen
J'Bar, CI
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal