Joining the Marines

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Joining the Marines

Postby Coureton on Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:25 am

At the end of this month I am going into boot camp for the Marine Corps. I joined it due to lack of funs and that it is the only military orginasation in this country that I believe truelly trys to uphold its honour and behave in a generally honorable manner. I was wondering if I should be on leave from this group, or if I'll just be out of communication while I'm in Boot.
See how she draws her breath and lets it go again, as if no one else in the world knew that air was good.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:36 am

You'll still be roster'd, whether or not you're actually communicating. We're not really too concerned about designations of any inactive statuses, because you'll still be doing work as one of our members, just in a different realm.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Coureton on Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:54 am

It will be my pleasure to know I am still on the roster. I ship the 17th so I won't really have time to be on anymore. I will renue contact when I have the opertunity to get to a computer.
I shall keep the code.

Coureton Dalton CI
See how she draws her breath and lets it go again, as if no one else in the world knew that air was good.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:08 am

Have a safe trip. We've only lost one member to the other side so far, and we want to keep it that way.

You may find some kindred spirits, and possibly, a few members, in the area. Talk us up to them if you want.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Back, but broken.

Postby Coureton on Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:37 pm

I went to the Marines, I did well in Boot Camp until I got a back injury and am now back home in Boston. Well, at least I tried. I still will uphold the code though.

As to the Marines I think many of them are honorable and live as I believe people should, and yet many are not. It is interesting to watch the inner workings of an honerable organisation.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:33 am

Sorry to hear that Boot was a bust.

Was that second comment directed anywhere? *whistles innocently*

If we're not up to par, let us know.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Coureton on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:16 pm

Honestly I think this is less an organisation and more of a, well, forum. An organisation would organise and have things where people worked together and coordinated which I haven't seen here.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:39 am

Guilty as charged, but we'd love to be an organization if we could find enough people in the same place to Do.

That may be something interesting that appears out of the Roster. We migth find people near each other who can do what we want to do.

That, and our Oath and materials are geared more toward the individual than the group.

But hopefully, that doesn't make the message any less valid.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Coureton on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:07 pm

Not at all, in a way the oath means more if the individual has to rely on him/her self to uphold it.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:11 am

That was part of the planning part, since I think we foresaw that our membership would come from widely dispersed places, thus getting together to do stuff would be problematic...
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Coureton on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:01 pm

Agreed. It would be nice to eventually have the organisation be large enough that even dispersed one might be able to do organised things in ones area. Although I imagine many of the Knights already do community service.
Oh, and good planning.
Coureton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:46 am

Well, thank you. We're hoping for the same thing. It would be very nice to have enough people in the same spot that they could do things together.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal