Discharge?

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Discharge?

Postby PhoenixPaw on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:06 am

Hi.

A long time ago, I think it was before spring equinox, but I'm not sure, I send the first part of a story to Jamie. A story that in best case could be used for Clan of the Cats as more than a fan-fic.
He wrote back asking for a synopsis and background story, and I gave him that.
Then the second part... well, I have it written down on paper somewhere, I think...
The third (and final) part can only be "guestimated" from the synopsis, even by me.

Thing is, I said I would "soon send [Jamie] the second part"... and that was at least 5 months ago.
In other words, I've broken my word.

Grounds for a dishonorable discharge from the Knights?
PhoenixPaw SpiritWolf, CI aka Johan Jakonen
member of: Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
PhoenixPaw
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:30 am

Type quickly.

Thus is my advice. (Realize this, too. 5 months for some publishers would be an insanely quick turnaround time...)
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Discharge?

Postby Jamie on Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:55 am

PhoenixPaw wrote:Hi.

A long time ago, I think it was before spring equinox, but I'm not sure, I send the first part of a story to Jamie. A story that in best case could be used for Clan of the Cats as more than a fan-fic.
He wrote back asking for a synopsis and background story, and I gave him that.
Then the second part... well, I have it written down on paper somewhere, I think...
The third (and final) part can only be "guestimated" from the synopsis, even by me.

Thing is, I said I would "soon send [Jamie] the second part"... and that was at least 5 months ago.
In other words, I've broken my word.

Grounds for a dishonorable discharge from the Knights?

What Silver said.

I know these things take time, besides real life invades the creative process like a germ sometimes. Doing something you said you would do is important, but unfortunately circumstances are not always kind to our aspirations. The Order is not about being perfect, at least I don
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PhoenixPaw on Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:25 am

Well then. I shall put more effort into getting the story to an ending.

I can't and won't make any promice of when you'll get it Jamie, but I'll put my best effort to it being soon.
PhoenixPaw SpiritWolf, CI aka Johan Jakonen
member of: Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal
PhoenixPaw
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal