Business cards

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Business cards

Postby zodo on Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:00 pm

Copied from the Ivbalis.org forum, where I posted since this forum was inaccessible all weekend. Besides, this topic deserves its own thread.

I went and checked out a couple sources.

First I looked online, and there are a number of vendors that will do work via Internet. (I love living in the 21st century) Thing is that with them, the smallest quantity I would see them do is 250, and most won't do fewer than 500. This might be fine for the Generic business cards, but really wouldn't work that well for personalized, if people wanted smaller quantities, like 100.

I also went to Kinkos, and talked with the folks there. It was a slow part of the day, so they had no problem talking details with me. The way they would work, would basically doing the copies on the A4 sized cardstock, and then cutting the pieces. We can get 10 cards per sheet, and they have no problem only doing 10 at a time, and we can specify quantities of a particular type. I can do a setup for each type of card, (saves money if I do the setup and bring it to them on zipdisk), and they can print and cut. It costs $1.32 per sheet that we do, and it costs $5.25 to do the cutting. The cutting price, though will pretty much apply to all of them, as they can cut a huge stack of cardstock all at once, so that cost can easily be distributed. This is the way that has my recommendation. It's cheaper, and far more flexible.

I haven't checked my university's print services. I will update when I do.

-Zodo, CI
zodo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby zodo on Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:29 pm

I haven't forgotten about these. I've just been hit with an unexpected financial crunch, and have no free cash to make up a batch of these. I will make every effort to get these out as soon as possible, But that will depend on how quickly I can crawl out if this hole.

If I can get enough people willing to pre-pay, I can do it, and send them out.

-Zodo, CI
zodo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby zodo on Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:34 pm

Nope, I haven't forgotten these. Just had a significant financial divot over the past fall and winter. I'm going to be going to Kinkos once my tax check comes in, and printing out some of these. I can then resell them to KoJ members at cost.

The tax check should be coming in a couple of weeks, so I'd like to get a rough estimate of how many people would want.

-Zodo, CI
zodo
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal