attempting to see through the smoke screen

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

attempting to see through the smoke screen

Postby Montrose on Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:59 am

greetings, all.

http://www.newamericancentury.org

the link might be slightly wrong, if so try .com or .net or something.
I would like to know what the general thoughts are about this group. I have been hearing things about them that I cannot substantiate, and am hoping that someone else can confirm or deny.
--If you look at their statement of principles, at the bottom is a list of signitories. I have heard that list has been "cleaned up" for people who are now in seats of some power and their names no longer appear on the list even though they are still members.
--I have also heard that the statement of principles itself has been "toned down" from its orriginal level of bluster.

Has anyone seen any representatives of this group interviewed? Are they as crazy as they look on paper? I continue to research them myself, but if what I've heard is true, they are intentionally obfuscating anything useful I could learn about them. There is a certain threshold of "rumor" required for me to do this kind of research, and it has been crossed for this group.
Nathan Webb, CI

"If you have to choose between the lesser of two evils, you're not chunked up high enough."
Montrose
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:52 pm

Sounds to me like they're millitarily-inclined conservatives. Although I'm not sure whether it will be true or not, my first instinct is to quote H2G2: "mostly harmless."
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dafodarian on Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:27 am

I'd be inclined to follow suit on that. I may not personally agree with some of their reasoning, but on the other hand, diversity breeds strength, even in opinions.

On the other hand, conservatively-oriented military groups have a greater recourse than many others if they feel their views are not being heard... As always, make like crossing the road - Stop, Look and Listen, before you commit to anything.
No, I'm normal, I tell you... Normal, I say!!

Pat - CI in the order of the Knights of Jubal
Dafodarian
Keenspotter Supreme

my opinion

Postby Ruby Cofax on Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:09 pm

well...i think that we should wait and see ya know..one never knows what tomorrow will bring
Ruby Cofax, CI
Eqvites Ivbalis, Knights of the Order of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
"Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again!"
Ruby Cofax
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal