Does anyone know of Isaac Bonewits?

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Does anyone know of Isaac Bonewits?

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:28 pm

I was surfing the Internet one day when I came across a website http://www.neopagan.net and naturally, I got curious.

I was not disappointed. Isaac Bonewits proved to be very insightful,
particularly in several articles at his website regarding religious conflicts. My only regret was not finding out about this site before now. It helped knowing that I did the right thing in leaving organized religion behind me.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dafodarian on Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:51 am

I'm glad you found NeoPagan helpful, and thanks for the link. However, despite having the organisational skills of a concussed squirrel, I'd like to act as a reminder that organised religion isn't, per se, a bad thing. It's certainly less likely to leave its accoutrements strewn haphazardly around its flat... But seriously, some people it's wrong for, and others it's right for. As to religious conflicts, people who want to fight will always find an excuse, so don't slate them any harder for that than you would Imperial Britain, Corporate America, or any of the conflicts in the Middle East.

Just acting as the usual unbalanced counterweight... :wink:

Bye.[/i]
No, I'm normal, I tell you... Normal, I say!!

Pat - CI in the order of the Knights of Jubal
Dafodarian
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:52 pm

Dafodarian wrote:I'm glad you found NeoPagan helpful, and thanks for the link. However, despite having the organisational skills of a concussed squirrel, I'd like to act as a reminder that organised religion isn't, per se, a bad thing. It's certainly less likely to leave its accoutrements strewn haphazardly around its flat... But seriously, some people it's wrong for, and others it's right for. As to religious conflicts, people who want to fight will always find an excuse, so don't slate them any harder for that than you would Imperial Britain, Corporate America, or any of the conflicts in the Middle East.

Just acting as the usual unbalanced counterweight... :wink:

Bye.[/i]

I guess for me, it was just wrong for...As for why I left, I did so out of fear that I may become an individual who would force their beliefs down everyone else's throats. I feared that I would become the next Pat Robertson or Kent Hovind.

I left because I could no longer sincerely believe in any of the garbage men like them spewed forth..I have plenty of reasons. I just hope people one day realize that religion is hardly relevant to treat people with dignity.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kugyou no Tenshi on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Kanaeda Kuonji wrote:I just hope people one day realize that religion is hardly relevant to treat people with dignity.

Speaking as...well, as someone who gave up organized religion himself (albeit for different reasons), I can safely say that as long as mankind has any organizations whatsoever, that those outside of an organization are often open to that closed-minded form of interpretation wherein someone inside the organization cannot see how anyone outside could possibly be a civilised, moral, or (as befits a Knight of any stripe) virtuous/honorable person. It becomes even more pronounced (just again from my own experience) for those who leave, by their own will or otherwise, an organization. Some inside will respect their decision; those who can only see black and white will see that person as the antithesis of everything they believe.

I went through a similar situation when I left the Catholic Church (due to conflicts of dogma versus scripture). The part of my family that was still Catholic couldn't understand how I could be Christian if I wasn't Catholic. The part of my family that was Baptist wondered how I could have been Christian when I was Catholic. And both of them rolled their eyes when I joined (albeit briefly) a Lutheran Church. I agree with Dafodarian - those who wish conflict will find any reason to have it. As long as you don't let anyone force you to be their enemy simply because you are not their ally, you don't have to be a part of it - and the whole world's better off when people choose not to sacrifice themselves for or against causes in which they have no willing part.
But you know, even if you don't know who you really are,
if you have music, you can dance.
If you have a PlayStation, you can play games.
If you have a cellphone, you can talk for hours on it.
If you have a big helping of food, you will be content.
-Katori Shintaro, "Rolling Bomber Special"
Kugyou no Tenshi
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal