Urgent topic(must read)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Urgent topic(must read)

Postby murder4hire on Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:35 am

hi order, knights and companians alike
i am daniel evans....i swore an oath to this order several months ago
in the summer and i never had a chance to register to this forum
and thank the order for my admittance
if it is necessary i would gladly swear the oath again
but i do come by the forums once in awhile to check up on affairs with the order and now i am able to register
i'd like to thank the order i promise to uphold the oath but i have one question
other than the duties of chivalry, do us companions have any requirements for the order...any help with this topic would be greatly apprciated

thanks again,
daniel evans CI

if the member name poses a problem let me know
my email address is angeloflight6@yahoo.com
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate.....
-unknown
murder4hire
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:10 pm

Hi Daniel,

I remember your name, so I
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Darth Paradox on Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:33 pm

As far as I can tell, the swearing of the oath is the only "strict" requirement - the Order doesn't keep tabs on you or anything, to make sure you're following your oath, because you wouldn't have sworn it if you didn't intend to at least try to honor it, and the attempt is the important part.
I don't know if there are any procedures in place for removing someone from the Order. I wouldn't be surprised either way - the founders of the Order seem to have thought of a lot of things, but I cannot recall ever coming close to needing such a procedure anyway. Every companion and knight to whom I've spoken so far seems to belong here, and for this I am quite glad.
Darth Paradox
Keenspot Despot

No need to re-swear

Postby Greg on Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:56 am

Hi there!

There's no need to reswear the Oath. The roster has not been updated in some time, but Sir Eric, Suelyn and I are cooking up Roster V2.00 (a.k.a. Revenge of the Roster!!!) and an update will follow soon.

Darth, in answer to your comments, the Order does not as a rule keep track of Companions. Swearing the Oath is a very individual commitment, and the nature of cyberspace is that it would be impossible to keep track of everyone anyway. However, once people are known here on the Keenspot boards, they're often missed when absent.

And, yes, there is a procedure for removing a Companion (or a Knight, for that matter). It is rare, but it has happend.

A Companion can:

a) ask to be removed from the roster (this has happend twice) This can be done by requesting it of any of the Knights.

b) be disciplined or ejected from the Order for dishonourable conduct. This has, thankfully, never happend - but it may be done by a majority vote of the Knights.

PIQE,
Sir Greg
-------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KCI
Knight of the Order of Jubal
"What I tell you three times is true..." - The Bellman
Greg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brightblade on Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:45 am

Greetings,

I swore the oath some time ago in the Yahoo-forums and I just today had the opportunity to join the keenspot forum. So I'm wondering if you will be looking over the Yahoo-forums as well or if I need to swear the oath here too. There's not too much activity on the Yahoo-forums, so I was wondering if oaths sworn there was as 'valid' as oaths sworn here.
I know it might come off as silly, but I'm green to the order and likely too cautious for my own good... but no harm in wanting to be sure, right?

Anyway; if there is any need to swear the oath again, there's no problem in that. And I'm happy to have found the Order. :D It's really good to see just HOW many people there actually are to uphold honour and chivalry.

Regards,

Brightblade (I'm not using the CI until I'm sure all's in order. I can be a bad stickler for rules, especially when I'm wanting to make a good impression...)
"He who goes forth in life without sympathy, walks to his own funeral dressed in a shroud."

-Walt Whitman-
Brightblade
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:37 am

The Oath Sworn on Yahoo! is just as valid here and everywhere else. In fact, itr's probably been archived here anyway.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Kool

Postby murder4hire on Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:31 am

i'd like to thank all of you on all of your replies and i will try to keep in touch with the forum and the order as often as i can.... thanks
Evans CI
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate.....
-unknown
murder4hire
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal