In memoriam to Sir Timber Bram

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

In memoriam to Sir Timber Bram

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:10 pm

Timber Bram's passing, as well as recent events, raised some interesting questions for me; questions that I had considered just now.

What truly makes nobility? Is it strength of body? Is it noble blood? Or is it something else entirely?

I am of the firm belief that true nobility lies within the strength of the spirit. Those who would claim nobility for the first two reasons above would miss true nobility entirely. True Nobility is not something you are born with, that can be inherited, nor is it something you can buy off the street.

It is a strength of spirit and purpose that can anly be attained through experience, knowledge and wisdom. I have seen those with the frailest of bodies, yet show the true nobility, a nobility hard to see in this era of the sensationalistic media, and this time when appearances count more than substance.

I weep for Sir Timothy Baars, who I had known not only as an editor, but as a true knight. He was, or should I say, is, truly the most noble of us all.

Godspeed, Sir Timothy. May we all hold the lessons you had given us to heart. God has a truly noble knight with him now, and I know he will do us proud.

This is Rodney Dean, Companion of the Order of the Knights of Jubal, signing off for now.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal