Cancer

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Cancer

Postby Greg on Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:15 am

Hi there!

In the wake of Sir Timber's passing from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, may I once again encourage as many members as possible to run the United Devices "Life Sciences" software.

Here's what I wrote about it last year:
If you're someone (like me), who tends to leave your computer switched on for extended periods, you may like to consider visiting this website.
http://www.ud.com

The program available from there (UD Agent) is like a screen saver, but it uses your computers idle time to model how different protein strains (that have been linked to causing cancer) react to various chemicals. The hope is that this information may lead to an improved treatment (or maybe even a cure) for cancer.

The system also keeps track of how much information each person is doing, and allows people to join teams, and be ranked according to how much information each team is processing.

I've created a team called "Knights of Jubal", so if you decide to install the program, don't forget to edit your profile and join the team!

As always, don't install it on any work computers unless you have the blessing of your office IT manager/tech/etc.

If you have any questions about this software, what it does, how it works or how to install it, please contact me.

PIQE,
Sir Greg
-------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KCI
Knight of the Order of Jubal
"What I tell you three times is true..." - The Bellman
Greg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal